Reaction score
Provided all races are required to have a proper identification prior to voting, there is nothing racist about it.

In fact, I'd think the person claiming racism would be the racist individual as its their opinion that minorities lack the ability to acquire proper identification.
I agree, requiring ID for voting isn't discriminatory in and of itself.

Reaction score
How would you feel about drug testing all the folks living off the few tax payers left?
Who's paying for the drug testing?

I don't see that as a real solution to the problem. Clean up all the welfare fraud first.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Who's paying for the drug testing?

I don't see that as a real solution to the problem. Clean up all the welfare fraud first.

Great idea. How? Clinton signed into law some very good ideas regarding restrictions on the length of time you could receive welfare and put in work requirements. Obama undid most of it, so how do we clean up the fraud?

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Provided all races are required to have a proper identification prior to voting, there is nothing racist about it.

In fact, I'd think the person claiming racism would be the racist individual as its their opinion that minorities lack the ability to acquire proper identification.

i'd agree with this 100%. this fictional "it hurts the poor" is bullshit. we can find ways around that if it will help people in different situations. but then again, we are talking to "bad-whitey" here in sp so everything gets twisted around to suit the corkscrew way he sees things.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Except for the part where studies and the courts have proved and ruled that these laws are discriminatory, i agree.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Except for the part where studies and the courts have proved and ruled that these laws are discriminatory, i agree.

Why do you agree? The courts have no problem with an ID in Kansas. There are ways to do it that do not place a hardship on anyone, such as we have done in Kansas.

Why are you so scared of an ID? Oh...I get it. You can not figure out how to get one. Don't be embarrassed. Asking for help is the first step. Your are not alone. That is the thing to remember. Many dumb democrats have the same issue.

Since you are not capable of getting an ID on your own, I'll tell you what...I will help you. What state do you live in?

Reaction score
Well, you've said it yourself... courts are fallible.

Just because a law has a disparate impact doesn't necessarily mean it's discriminatory... I can certainly imagine a voter ID law that if implemented correctly would not be discriminatory.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, you've said it yourself... courts are fallible.

Just because a law has a disparate impact doesn't necessarily mean it's discriminatory... I can certainly imagine a voter ID law that if implemented correctly would not be discriminatory.

Be real. You know exactly why republicans want these laws passed and why democrats don't want them passed. It had nothing to do with illegals or fraud, and everything to do trying to reduce the base of democratic voters. Hell republican officials have been quoted as saying such after getting these idiotic laws passed.

The courts are fallible, but these laws are discriminatory.

Reaction score
Great idea. How? Clinton signed into law some very good ideas regarding restrictions on the length of time you could receive welfare and put in work requirements. Obama undid most of it, so how do we clean up the fraud?
I don't know that I've got a silver bullet answer to clean up welfare fraud. Probably needs to be some sort of checks system that sees how welfare recipients are spending their money, and that they're actually spending what they receive through normal methods.

But welfare fraud is so widespread. Hell, medicaid/medicare fraud is rampant among doctors and health care providers. If there are real consequences for these people's actions, I would think that would clean up a lot of it.

Reaction score
Be real. You know exactly why republicans want these laws passed and why democrats don't want them passed. It had nothing to do with illegals or fraud, and everything to do trying to reduce the base of democratic voters. Hell republican officials have been quoted as saying such after getting these idiotic laws passed.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a non-discriminatory voter ID law passed.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score

and i'm sure it has a LOT to do with increasing those who would vote democratic, if allowed.

but we'll leave that part off. it's just the mean white republicans keeping the common man down.

Reaction score
Explain it to me like I'm a three year old...

Why are voter identification laws discriminatory?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't know that I've got a silver bullet answer to clean up welfare fraud. Probably needs to be some sort of checks system that sees how welfare recipients are spending their money, and that they're actually spending what they receive through normal methods.

But welfare fraud is so widespread. Hell, medicaid/medicare fraud is rampant among doctors and health care providers. If there are real consequences for these people's actions, I would think that would clean up a lot of it.

Excellent point. Consequences for actions or failures....something sorely missing our society. The social safety net has turned into vote purchasing scheme.

Reaction score
Neither can i, but that's not really a response to what i said. You know what's up.
Your response to what I said isn't really a response either. I know what you think is up... which is why I said if you implement a voter ID law correctly, then it wouldn't be discriminatory.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Explain it to me like I'm a three year old...

Why are voter identification laws discriminatory?

because the dumb leftists like spunk can not fathom how to acquire one. Stop picking on stupid people you big meanie.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Your response to what I said isn't really a response either. I know what you think is up... which is why I said if you implement a voter ID law correctly, then it wouldn't be discriminatory.
Why make a law to address a problem that doesn't exist?

Top Bottom