Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Are there some figures out there showing that it's been a record number of turnout for blacks etc.?

They've always turned out poorly at the polls.

Could have looked into it if I gave a shit.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since we can't do that anymore we'll just pass laws that discriminate.

The conservative way.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
If minorities are too damn stupid to get an ID, they sure as Hell shouldn't be voting. Actually, too many has the right to vote. There should be a screening process or an IQ test at the very least.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If minorities are too damn stupid to get an ID, they sure as Hell shouldn't be voting. Actually, too many has the right to vote. There should be a screening process or an IQ test at the very least.

I mean, if you can't get away with this

Prior to passage of the federal Voting Rights Act in 1965, Southern (and some Western) states maintained elaborate voter registration procedures whose primary purpose was to deny the vote to nonwhites. This process was often referred to as a "literacy test." But in fact, it was much more than just a reading test, it was an entire complex system devoted to denying African-Americans (and in some regions, Latinos and Native Americans) the right to vote.

The registration procedures, and the Registrars who enforced them, were but one part of an interlocking system of racial discrimination and oppression. The various state, county, and local police forces — all white of course — routinely intimidated and harassed Blacks who tried to register. They arrested would-be voters on false charges and beat others for imagined transgressions; and often this kind of retribution was directed not only at the man or woman who dared try to register, but against family members as well, even the children.

anymore, I guess voter ID is the next best thing.

Keep holding strong, bigots. Even as you're marginalized and continue to fall farther and farther behind the country at large....keep holding strong.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
still waiting on any conservative to post all those instances of voter fraud that their watchdog groups uncovered the last election...

I mean there must be TONS of them for you to feel it's necessary to keep pushing for Voter ID laws still. So you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with hundreds, if not thousands. stoked to see it I'd like to get on this train.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

Keep holding strong, bigots. Even as you're marginalized and continue to fall farther and farther behind the country at large....keep holding strong.

Being called a bigot by you is just another way of identifying me as white. I can live with that and be proud of it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are plenty of white people who aren't racist bigots.

You just don't happen to be one of them.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think what they believe is all the studies that show these laws are discriminatory.

Which is coincidentally why these laws keep getting struck down in the courts.

Which is more proof that our courts and judges are ridiculously slanted at times.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
or we could just not worry about made-up problems.

There is virtually no evidence of voter fraud in America, despite enormous efforts by the republican party to uncover it.

I find it interesting that conservatives are advocating revisions to this law that would cost taxpayers more money (i.e. pay for transportation and ID) to deal with an issue that hasn't even been shown to exist!

GEE I FUCKING WONDER WHY

Yet there is very clear evidence of welfare fraud. Which is very important information when it comes to who constituents are voting for. Can't blame them. They don't want their free paycheck taken away, but just like drug tests for welfare recipients, there should be checks and balances.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Yeah, because giving a literacy test is the same as requiring someone to show who they are.

Brilliant point.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There are plenty of white people who aren't racist bigots.

You just don't happen to be one of them.

there are plenty of people who are not total pricksheads.

you just don't happen to be one of them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Then provide an option to give them an ID card for free. Just can't be on welfare.

I don't feel people on welfare should be able to vote to begin with.

Why should someone sucking the system's tit get to decide which tit it gets to suck?

Because we've decided that all adults, no matter their contribution to society, get a right to vote. Not just white land owners anymore. Under your scenario; grandma on medicaire, and a single mother working two jobs and getting assistance and WIC and shit, the disabled, and hell while we're at it...why don't we take housewives right to vote away. If you ain't putting money into the system, fuck off.

Do you see how stupid that is or should I keep going?

Yeah, because giving a literacy test is the same as requiring someone to show who they are.

Brilliant point.

I didn't say they were the same. But they have the same goal.

Reaction score
Because we've decided that all adults, no matter their contribution to society, get a right to vote. Not just white land owners anymore. Under your scenario; grandma on medicaire, and a single mother working two jobs and getting assistance and WIC and shit, the disabled, and hell while we're at it...why don't we take housewives right to vote away. If you ain't putting money into the system, fuck off.

Do you see how stupid that is or should I keep going?
SP's right here. Your right to vote is your right to vote. The point that your vote would be a conflict of interest if you're receiving government assistance is out there, because we're all receiving government assistance of some sort. Obviously some are receiving more than others, but that shouldn't mean that you can't vote because you receive gov't assistance.

Reaction score
Provided all races are required to have a proper identification prior to voting, there is nothing racist about it.

In fact, I'd think the person claiming racism would be the racist individual as its their opinion that minorities lack the ability to acquire proper identification.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
SP's right here. Your right to vote is your right to vote. The point that your vote would be a conflict of interest if you're receiving government assistance is out there, because we're all receiving government assistance of some sort. Obviously some are receiving more than others, but that shouldn't mean that you can't vote because you receive gov't assistance.

How would you feel about drug testing all the folks living off the few tax payers left?

Top Bottom