ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do think we have the talent to win it all. Why don't we? We did last year and we haven't lost anything of significance from last year. We still have the most talented OL, a great RB, and good enough WRs. Our defense isn't as talented, but it still has guys like Lee and Lawrence.

Look around the league. Even the best teams have big holes in talent. You just don't notice them much when the coaching is good enough to get them to play to their potential.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When the players largely stay the same then your season outcome should also stay the same

In the past 5 seasons we have gone 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 3-13, and now 8-8 again

Our win/loss record is all over the map.

Our problem is the coaching and front office. Not the players.

Look at what the Patriots do every year. The turnover rate of players on that team does not matter. Brady being suspended does not matter. Injuries do not matter. They still get shit done and win regardless of what players happen to be on their roster at the time. Shit son they even won with Matt Cassel!!!! That is something our coaching staff was unable to do!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im having a hard time gathering my thoughts into a coherent paragraph so ill just summarize quickly as best i can:

Fuck jerry jones

Fuck jason garrett

Cowboys for life (sad face)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Im having a hard time gathering my thoughts into a coherent paragraph so ill just summarize quickly as best i can:

Fuck jerry jones

Fuck jason garrett

Cowboys for life (sad face)

I guess for me, the loss to Seattle was no big deal. In my mind we were knocked out of the playoffs the second Zeke’s suspension started. So in the back of my mind we never had a chance.

The only bad part for me is that we did just good enough to really Fuck up our draft position and to leave us in the middle of the pack like usual. Which means we get a mediocre first rounder, or we give up a shit ton of picks to move up and get someone worth having

Either way it’s a shit scenario

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess for me, the loss to Seattle was no big deal. In my mind we were knocked out of the playoffs the second Zeke’s suspension started. So in the back of my mind we never had a chance.

The only bad part for me is that we did just good enough to really Fuck up our draft position and to leave us in the middle of the pack like usual. Which means we get a mediocre first rounder, or we give up a shit ton of picks to move up and get someone worth having

Either way it’s a shit scenario

"It's a process."

Reaction score
The most striking thing to me about Garrett is the inability to actually learn from mistakes that have repeatedly been made, magnified in social media, and questioned to him directly. And yet, through the years he continues to makes the same mistakes as year one.

Now, most people, even ones who were given a job for which they had no experience warranting their placement like Garrett, do actually have the ability to learn from mistakes, and grow. Garrett does not. I am forced to conclude that Garrett is a legit moron.

Yeah, yeah, Ivy League... all that proves is that Garrett was born into a life privilege. He had the connections to get in, and it's no different than how he became the Cowboys coach. I've told the story before about a math teacher I had back in college who had taught in the Ivy League for years. I asked him about the differences between how he taught there versus the nobody college I went to.

"No difference at all. In fact, I use the exact same text book."

That was his reply, and the illusion of the Ivy League for me was forever shattered.

Reaction score
Ole Jerry boy gets on the TV and gives Garrett his full support and says its not a good thing for the club to change the HC. Go figure that out. Jerry Jones is a fool.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ole Jerry boy gets on the TV and gives Garrett his full support and says its not a good thing for the club to change the HC. Go figure that out. Jerry Jones is a fool.

See the Rams as a prime example of what can happen when you change your shitty Head Coach who has a proven record of loosing to a unproven and inexperienced rookie HC

It’s a bad thing to change your HC. You might win some fucking games Jerry

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a5ffa320301fc1609539fbd45da4b0eb.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
See the Rams as a prime example of what can happen when you change your shitty Head Coach who has a proven record of loosing to a unproven and inexperienced rookie HC

It’s a bad thing to change your HC. You might win some fucking games Jerry

Jeri is the head coach, he just doesn’t have the balls to give himself the title publicly and actually stand on the sidelines on game day

personally I wish he would, that would make for great tv and he’d have no one else to blame when the shit hits the fan worse than it is already, maybe it would dawn on him why the better coaches eschew a comfy environment. The price of mirrors would shoot through the roof too.

Reaction score
When the players largely stay the same then your season outcome should also stay the same

In the past 5 seasons we have gone 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 3-13, and now 8-8 again

Our win/loss record is all over the map.

Our problem is the coaching and front office. Not the players.

Look at what the Patriots do every year. The turnover rate of players on that team does not matter. Brady being suspended does not matter. Injuries do not matter. They still get shit done and win regardless of what players happen to be on their roster at the time. Shit son they even won with Matt Cassel!!!! That is something our coaching staff was unable to do!

This season had some built in traps also. The club faced a winners schedule and lost 40% of the OL starters combined with basically dumping the entire secondary. It really wasn't the same club. The OL started out playing dreadful football and opposing DC had a lot more info on Prescott and there was Elliott's suspension. Combine that with a utterly useless HC and it was destined to be a tough year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I do think we have the talent to win it all. Why don't we? We did last year and we haven't lost anything of significance from last year. We still have the most talented OL, a great RB, and good enough WRs. Our defense isn't as talented, but it still has guys like Lee and Lawrence.

Look around the league. Even the best teams have big holes in talent. You just don't notice them much when the coaching is good enough to get them to play to their potential.

Yep. Here missing one or two key guys sinks not only the ship but the entire fleet.

Garrett is the worst coach in the league and it's not even close at this point, and Jerry is the worst owner in the league because he is too stupid and egotistical to fire the GM who keeps hiring all these fucking bums.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This season had some built in traps also. The club faced a winners schedule and lost 40% of the OL starters combined with basically dumping the entire secondary. It really wasn't the same club. The OL started out playing dreadful football and opposing DC had a lot more info on Prescott and there was Elliott's suspension. Combine that with a utterly useless HC and it was destined to be a tough year.

I still think if you subtract the utterly useless HC and insert almost anyone else, this easily was a playoff team.

Top Bottom