dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really hope he does wind up somewhere where finally, there can be no fucking excuses. Then when he fucking shits the bed, maybe some of you Romosexuals might wake up and see he's just a fucking choker.

Oh they'll still make excuses, just like they made excuses for all the picks thrown into double or triple coverage. Just like they made excuses for the comments after gut wrenching losses or awful performances when it was pretty obvious that winning just wasn't that big a deal to him.

ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
when it was pretty obvious that winning just wasn't that big a deal to him.
And, it never really was. Having fun took priority over protecting the ball. Hell, his golf game took priority over protecting the ball.

Remember - interceptions are as good as punts!

Reaction score
Oh they'll still make excuses, just like they made excuses for all the picks thrown into double or triple coverage. Just like they made excuses for the comments after gut wrenching losses or awful performances when it was pretty obvious that winning just wasn't that big a deal to him.

ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT

Go on wit yer bad self DBair!

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Yep poor ole Romo the 100 million dollar man is completely blameless for 10 years of failure. It's all on the organization, the coach, the assistants, the ball boys, the fucking cheerleaders - always something. Pick sixes in the 4th quarter? Happened only because the sorry defense couldn't hold up when the offense goes 1 for 11 on third down conversions!

Because no matter what, by hook or by crook, his fault the refs fault Jerry's fault Garrett's fault, or the fault of the flawed system, or fault of other players, the wind, the weather, whatever - Tony Romo spent ten years as the Dallas quarterback and never got the job done. That's the indisputable bottom line.

It doesn't matter the whys or wherefores, the what-ifs and the almost was - the happy go lucky chuckling butt slapping grinning Romo, the "what me worry kid" of football, the "that's okay we'll get 'em next time" wayfarer, never got it done in Dallas.

I really hope he does wind up somewhere where finally, there can be no fucking excuses. Then when he fucking shits the bed, maybe some of you Romosexuals might wake up and see he's just a fucking choker.

lol, You do realize that Romo is the only thing that has made Garrett look even romtely successful until this past season don't you? 2015 should have spoke volumes in that regard. You are misplacing the blame that goes to the red headed idiot on Romo. We were truly blessed to have Romo and if first impressions are anything we will be blessed with Dak for the next decade. The question is will we waste Daks entire career on the red headed idiot like we did for Romo? If seeing Garrett for what he is and knowing Romo bailed him out more than he hurt him makes me a "Romosexual" then I will wear that badge with honor. I thought you actually knew where the real issues with this team lie. I guess I had you pegged wrong.

Last edited:

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Romo doesn't deserve shit. Quit fucking crying over this crap.

If he wasn't happy with the HC (or the OC prior to that) all he had to do was walk in Jerry's office and tell him he isn't going to sign any contract extensions or restructure any deals to help the cap unless something is done about it. And what happened?

ROMO DIDNT SAY JACK SHIT. He either believed he has a good coach, or he didnt really care because he is having fun and making a shit ton of money. Either of those makes him a sap in my books.

He isn't a HoF player, period.

So if Dak wasn't in Jerry's office the next morning complaining about the red headed fucking idiot and his decision to spike the ball and give Rodger's 35 seconds then fuck Dak because it is all his fault Jerry loves his idiot clown? Got it!!!! SMDH!!!

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol, You do realize that Romo is the only thing that has made Garrett look even romtely successful until this past season don't you? 2015 should have spoke volumes in that regard. You are misplacing the blame that goes to the red headed idiot on Romo. We were truly blessed to have Romo and if first impressions are anything we will be blessed with Dak for the next decade. The question is will we waste Daks entire career on the red headed idiot like we did for Romo? If seeing Garrett for what he is and knowing Romo bailed him out more than he hurt him makes me a "Romosexual" then I will wear that badge with honor.

You misunderstand. We blame Romo --- and rightfully so, because he had enough influence to where he could have and should have went to Jerry and Stephen and demand that they get a new HC, but he was content with the status quo. Romo did make the Cowboys relevant, and then he rested on his laurels. It was Romo that filled the seats and increased Cowboys merchandise sales, not Garrett. Romo proved he could win without Garrett, Garrett has shown that he cannot win without Romo and now Dak. Romo had leverage and influence and he wasted both, now he's on his way out and Garrett remains. So yes, we do blame Romo.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So if Dak wasn't in Jerry's office the next morning complaining about the red headed fucking idiot and his decision to spike the ball and give Rodger's 35 seconds then fuck Dak because it is all his fault Jerry loves his idiot clown? Got it!!!! SMDH!!!

Are you really comparing the rookie Dak to Romo who is a season vet? Personally, I am hoping Garrett is gone before it gets to that for Dak.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Funny, today the Musers had a segment on Garrett talking about Romo at the combine. Someone asked what their relationship was like lately with Tony probably leaving, and Garrett said he hadn't even spoken to him. He then in his perfect politician mode claimed that was totally normal this time of year because a lot of players left town on vacations, etc. -- as if no one would remember their former Best Basketball Buds act this time of year, or that Tony's wife is expecting so he's not exactly traveling the world right now, or that they'd been at some of the same Superbowl functions together.

Sounded to me like Tony is pissed, and rightfully so. I still think Garrett was sucking up to him with all that BFF stuff in past years, not the other way around. But now Garrett doesn't need him so of course that isn't happening. One thing Garrett is great at is looking out for himself.

Maybe you guys are right that Tony could have had Garrett fired, but I doubt it. Garrett is an all-time Jerry pet and puppet and Jerry wouldn't do that. Still suspect Tony did register his complaints with the offense and that's the only reason Jerry made Garrett hire a true playcalling OC (unlike Callahan).

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
You misunderstand. We blame Romo --- and rightfully so, because he had enough influence to where he could have and should have went to Jerry and Stephen and demand that they get a new HC, but he was content with the status quo. Romo did make the Cowboys relevant, and then he rested on his laurels. It was Romo that filled the seats and increased Cowboys merchandise sales, not Garrett. Romo proved he could win without Garrett, Garrett has shown that he cannot win without Romo and now Dak. Romo had leverage and influence and he wasted both, now he's on his way out and Garrett remains. So yes, we do blame Romo.

You blame Romo for Jerry keeping his pet ass clown??? Are you seriously saying that?? So Romo did EVERYTHING he could to make this team to win but convince his delusional owner to fire his red headed step child??? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You blame Romo for Jerry keeping his pet ass clown??? Are you seriously saying that?? So Romo did EVERYTHING he could to make this team to win but convince his delusional owner to fire his red headed step child??? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

WHO. WAS. MAKING. THE. COWBOYS. MONEY? Pet or not, if Garrett had ,missed the playoffs for a 4th consecutive time, after going 8-8 the previous three times, he would have been gone.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
WHO. WAS. MAKING. THE. COWBOYS. MONEY? Pet or not, if Garrett had ,missed the playoffs for a 4th consecutive time, after going 8-8 the previous three times, he would have been gone.

I mean, don't get me wrong, nothing would have been greater than Romo doing that.

But don't you guys think Romo may have thought that was overstepping his bounds a bit? Magic Johnson and Lebron James are two of the all-time greatest, and they got loads of crap for having coaches fired even in that sport where one player makes a lot more difference.

I just suspect Tony would see that as not being a team player. And besides, who is to say he didn't try that and Jerry simply said no?

If I'm wrong and you're right, though, Romo can go straight to hell.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score

So now you blame Romo overcoming Garrett and making the playoffs in 2014 for the reason the red headed idiot is still here?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So now you blame Romo overcoming Garrett and making the playoffs in 2014 for the reason the red headed idiot is still here?
I still blame Joe Haden for not playing, and Jared Cook for dropping that easy TD in St Louis that would have put us away.

But I'm not sure Jerry wouldn't have kept Garrett even if we'd gone into a tailspin that year. And Cook got a little revenge last year.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
lol, You do realize that Romo is the only thing that has made Garrett look even romtely successful until this past season don't you? 2015 should have spoke volumes in that regard. You are misplacing the blame that goes to the red headed idiot on Romo. We were truly blessed to have Romo and if first impressions are anything we will be blessed with Dak for the next decade. The question is will we waste Daks entire career on the red headed idiot like we did for Romo? If seeing Garrett for what he is and knowing Romo bailed him out more than he hurt him makes me a "Romosexual" then I will wear that badge with honor. I thought you actually knew where the real issues with this team lie. I guess I had you pegged wrong.

Romo has had some great regular season moments and has even limited the untimely int's but he's as much to blame the mediocre football over the last 10 years as Garrett is. Especially considering he's been here longer than Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Little different situation here. Prescott was a rookie (who by the way, had possibly the greatest season a rookie QB has ever had). Romo has been around Garrett for years.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo has had some great regular season moments and has even limited the untimely int's but he's as much to blame the mediocre football over the last 10 years as Garrett is.
How do you know this? Prior to Miracle Dak, Romo had a far better record than Garrett.

Especially considering he's been here longer than Garrett.
A whole ten games as a starter.

Top Bottom