MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
In the first ten games he ever played? I think 6-4 or something. What is your point?

The point is regardless of the numbers he's put up he's a .500 QB. He was basically that before Garrett and he was definitely that after Garrett. So he's as much to blame for the mediocre football we've seen over the last 10+ years he's been the starter as Garrett is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So he's as much to blame for the mediocre football we've seen over the last 10+ years he's been the starter .
He was the face of the franchise. For better or worse, good and bad.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So if/when the Cowboys lose next week would I be correct in saying that Garrett still has never had back to back winning seasons?

Reaction score
With Garrett and Jones running the circus. 8-8 is the safest bet. The club has better talent than that but its the FO that kills the team. Jerry is not a pro GM and Garrett is simply not a head coach.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Look what Sean McVay (a rookie head coach) did in a single season in L.A.

With mostly the same core players in tact he turned the team around from 4-12 to 12-4 or 11-5 depending on the outcome of the last game

I saw a stat the other day that the Rams turnaround is the best single season turnaround in the Super Bowl era

The Dallas Cowboys have the talent to succeed. A decent HC could have taken this team this season all the way.

The players are not the hurdle that needs to be overcome

The coaching is

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have the talent to succeed. A decent HC could have taken this team this season all the way.
As long as you're defining "success" as making the playoffs off and on.

Our player personnel talent is only just better than average. A decent HC would do what the rookie Rams HC did, and what Jimmy Johnson did, and weed out the below average and the barely average players.

We do NOT have the talent to be "successful" by the only correct definition. Roger Staubach's definition.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is where you getting sucked in Scot. Year after year both the FO and the fan base over rate the talent on this team. You have a nice O Line, one difference maker on offense (Zeke) who is a suspension from being banned, one difference making on defense (Lee) who between age and injury is nearing the end of the road. Look on the bright side, they are set at punter and kicker. LOL!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is where you getting sucked in Scot. Year after year both the FO and the fan base over rate the talent on this team. You have a nice O Line, one difference maker on offense (Zeke) who is a suspension from being banned, one difference making on defense (Lee) who between age and injury is nearing the end of the road. Look on the bright side, they are set at punter and kicker. LOL!

I agree with Scot. A decent HC would have taken this team further. They made the playoffs last year in spite of Garrett. Let me tell you something, you take Belicek out of the equation with the Patriots, and they are an 8-8 team at BEST. They don't win that division. Coaching makes the difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree with Scot. A decent HC would have taken this team further. They made the playoffs last year in spite of Garrett. Let me tell you something, you take Belicek out of the equation with the Patriots, and they are an 8-8 team at BEST. They don't win that division. Coaching makes the difference.

Exactly the point, but what Scot doesn't grok is we really have no better talent than much of the rest of the league. Belechick merely is much better at evaluating talent and getting the best out of his roster. He doesn't get attached to his players and doesn't do social justice projects.

Reaction score
Exactly the point, but what Scot doesn't grok is we really have no better talent than much of the rest of the league. Belechick merely is much better at evaluating talent and getting the best out of his roster. He doesn't get attached to his players and doesn't do social justice projects.

The Patriots also have a real owner that doesn't interfere with football operations. Garrett is just a front man for Jerry and ole Jerry boy gets attached to players. I mean why is Bryant still eating resources and producing nothing.

Reaction score

Yeah, they couldn't do any worse that's for sure.

Top Bottom