Reaction score
1) Go get me some Canty.
+
2) Go OL in the first two rounds.
+
3) Kill Garrett
=
super bowl

What the hell would you want Canty for? He's been pretty mediocre since he left here. He isnt a fit for a 4-3 defense.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What the hell would you want Canty for? He's been pretty mediocre since he left here. He isnt a fit for a 4-3 defense.

Oh David, you're excuse making never disappoints. Canty played and had a lot of success in the Giants 4-3.

Although, I do agree that we should not want Canty here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh David, you're excuse making never disappoints. Canty played and had a lot of success in the Giants 4-3.

Although, I do agree that we should not want Canty here.

In 4 seasons he had 9 sacks and a handful of TFL's. Thats hardly alot of success at DT in a 4-3, especially when he is surrounded by a bunch of other outstanding DL's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He was hurt and part of a rotation, david.

He was hurt some, not all the time.

And they signed him to a 40+ million contract, that isnt "rotation guy" money. Thats money you give to someone you expect to be an integral part of the defense.

Reaction score
@twitter Jerry Jones: Listen to Steve Bisciotti's story about trying to talk Ozzie into taking Lito Sheppard over Ed Reed & lesson of not meddling

Reaction score
I like how Jerry wanted a star for hard Knicks and begged goodell to let an attempted murderer on his team.

Now with Jason they won't even take low risk chances on confused guys like Vontaze burfict or Tyron Matthieu. Across the board we are getting like zero productive cheap players. We can't even get a backup lb without paying Connor $4M

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Should we take a look?

NFL.com is reporting he's finished

Johnny Knox won't play football again: 'I'm moving on'

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: Feb. 13, 2013 at 07:22 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 13, 2013 at 09:20 p.m.

Johnny Knox's life changed dramatically when he took a devastating hit in December 2011. Fourteen months later, Knox realizes that his NFL career is over.
"As an athlete, you don't want to give up, you want to keep on fighting. That's how I've always been," Knox told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "But it's been on my heart for a while. I know how my body feels, and I know I'm not going to be the same and perform at the ability that I used to.
"So I'm moving on and going forward."
The news does not come as a huge surprise just one day after the Bears terminated Knox's contract. But Knox's agent previously indicated that Knox would try to play again.
It's a sad story for such a young, promising player. Just a few days after the birth of his second child, Knox suffered a horrific back injury while playing the Seattle Seahawks. He had spinal fusion surgery the next day and missed all of the 2012 season.
Knox has pushed himself in rehabilitation, but he walks with a limp and can't stand comfortably. The only time he's not in pain is when lying down. But he's grateful to have a relatively normal life.
"I was centimeters away from being paralyzed, so just sitting here and talking, I'm appreciative of that," Knox says. "Just the hard work that I had to put in. Just to be able to stay in and do everything in my daily life that I used to do."
Knox's short career will be remembered for a Pro Bowl appearance as a rookie return man. He was also the leading receiver on the 2010 Bears team that reached the NFC title game.
His career ended suddenly, but Knox does not sound like a man that feels wronged.
"My whole life, I've always been positive, and people ask me, 'Man, why are you so positive?'
"But I know things will work out for the best.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFL.com is reporting he's finished

Johnny Knox won't play football again: 'I'm moving on'

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: Feb. 13, 2013 at 07:22 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 13, 2013 at 09:20 p.m.

Johnny Knox's life changed dramatically when he took a devastating hit in December 2011. Fourteen months later, Knox realizes that his NFL career is over.
"As an athlete, you don't want to give up, you want to keep on fighting. That's how I've always been," Knox told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "But it's been on my heart for a while. I know how my body feels, and I know I'm not going to be the same and perform at the ability that I used to.
"So I'm moving on and going forward."
The news does not come as a huge surprise just one day after the Bears terminated Knox's contract. But Knox's agent previously indicated that Knox would try to play again.
It's a sad story for such a young, promising player. Just a few days after the birth of his second child, Knox suffered a horrific back injury while playing the Seattle Seahawks. He had spinal fusion surgery the next day and missed all of the 2012 season.
Knox has pushed himself in rehabilitation, but he walks with a limp and can't stand comfortably. The only time he's not in pain is when lying down. But he's grateful to have a relatively normal life.
"I was centimeters away from being paralyzed, so just sitting here and talking, I'm appreciative of that," Knox says. "Just the hard work that I had to put in. Just to be able to stay in and do everything in my daily life that I used to do."
Knox's short career will be remembered for a Pro Bowl appearance as a rookie return man. He was also the leading receiver on the 2010 Bears team that reached the NFC title game.
His career ended suddenly, but Knox does not sound like a man that feels wronged.
"My whole life, I've always been positive, and people ask me, 'Man, why are you so positive?'
"But I know things will work out for the best.

That's too bad, he seemed like a good football player.

Reaction score
Offseason cuts threads....

A lot of people getting cut lately.

Saints cut TE Dave Thomas and CB Johnny Patrick today.

‏@AdamSchefter
Earlier today, Jets announced they released LB Bart Scott, LB Calvin Pace, S Eric Smith and T Jason Smith.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
"That's how I've always been"

Hostile would be proud.

And if memory serves, we liked Johnny Patrick as a possible safety conversion.

Top Bottom