Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
he dropped two balls thrown right to him in the endzone.

I think it was 3.

I started watching in the 1st half and the announcers said he dropped 1 TD, I saw 2 through the rest of the game.

He could have had those types of numbers if Dallas was forcing to him every play.......hell, who couldn't.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't make adjustments. He thinks he's smarter than the other coach, and that adjusting is admitting he was outsmarted.

Garrett's gameplan: "We are going to do THIS."
Opponents gameplan" We are going to take THAT away from you."
Garrett's adjustment: "Oh yeah?!?! I'm still going to do THIS."

Reaction score
I think it was 3.

I started watching in the 1st half and the announcers said he dropped 1 TD, I saw 2 through the rest of the game.

He could have had those types of numbers if Dallas was forcing to him every play.......hell, who couldn't.

Not really forcing. Nicks and Cruz had monster games. They spread it around and were able to even overcome his drops. We have fans here still bitching about Crayton's drops in some playoff games years ago. Good coaching made adjustments and found a way to win that game, despite all the mistakes. Bennett will continue to develop there. That's more than we could say about him here.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I've decided the Dallas Cowboys are NFL's Steve Buscemi in "Fargo".
No matter how tough they talk or how well they scheme,eventually they get shot in the face by an amateur and thrown in the wood chipper by one of their own.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not really forcing. Nicks and Cruz had monster games. They spread it around and were able to even overcome his drops. We have fans here still bitching about Crayton's drops in some playoff games years ago. Good coaching made adjustments and found a way to win that game, despite all the mistakes. Bennett will continue to develop there. That's more than we could say about him here.

They aren't really developing him. He's the same guy he was here. They just have noone else to start, certainly not a HOF tight end.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett's gameplan: "We are going to do THIS."
Opponents gameplan" We are going to take THAT away from you."
Garrett's adjustment: "Oh yeah?!?! I'm still going to do THIS."

Not defending him, but thats exactly what we did for years in the 90's. Most good teams dictate what they do to other teams.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. Sorry, Martellus.

Now that I've slept on it the sting is still the same. There is no excuse for what happened yesterday. It makes it hard to give a shit as a fan when most of the players obviously don't. I devoted 3 hours on my day off yesterday to watching a bunch of guys who couldn't care less if they won or lost. And then I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I'll be honest, I'm not as big a fan as I used to be. Taking this shit year in and year out wears you down.

63echo

Reaction score
Plus, the point is not that Bennett was some awesome all-pro player that they threw away. It's that we don't utilize the players on the roster very well, and we certainly do not make in-game adjustments at all. If Romo is not playing like an all-world baller, the team is pretty much fucked.

Most teams usually have to overcome shitty QB play in order to have some success. Romo is the only thing keeping this team afloat. That should not be the case when you have an owner willing to trade anything or spend any amount for talent. There's a real problem with the coaching here.

You nailed it.

Help me out here: when was the last time Romo had an off game and was bailed out by anyone at all? Defense putting it on their shoulders (lol)? Running back and Oline taking a game over? Frigging coaches adjusting and moving away from whatever Romo is having difficulty with? Aside from getting occasional help from a place kicker, there is no way the Cowboys can overcome a bad game by Romo, unless it's Romo overcoming it hisowndamnedself. You're absolutely right, UVA, he's been keeping Garrett employed (and the Cowboys at least semi-competetive) since he got here.

Reaction score
Pretty much it. No matter how many wins this team manages to string together you know in the back of your mind they can lay an egg at any moment. You can't trust them at all.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only consolation is that's almost everyone.

I think traditionally week 2 you always see crazy things happen. New England got beat the same way we did by Arizona, just punched in the face and they couldn't handle it. New York and Philly should have lost. Washington blew a lead to the awful Sam Bradford.

No way to know what to expect.

Reaction score
Yea well our team seems to lay down and present themselves more than all those teams combined.

The kind of lazy ho-him attitude has been getting them killed in some of our biggest games because they think they can turn it on and off. I'm sure the no name Seahawks loved every second of beating the hell out of this team

Reaction score
Only consolation is that's almost everyone.

I think traditionally week 2 you always see crazy things happen. New England got beat the same way we did by Arizona, just punched in the face and they couldn't handle it. New York and Philly should have lost. Washington blew a lead to the awful Sam Bradford.

No way to know what to expect.

Losing because your normally clutch FG kicker misses a manageable game-winner is not really getting "punched in the face". Maybe it is in SD, where 200 fans take a break from getting stoned on the beach to come out and watch Norv and Rivers throw tantrums for 3 hours.

In the normal world, the Pats showed fight and clawed their way back into that game.

Dallas didn't even show up. Inexcusable after a 10 day break.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Losing because your normally clutch FG kicker misses a manageable game-winner is not really getting "punched in the face".

Here's a guy who obviously didn't see the game.

Imagine that you're on the screen and I just Madden-drew a giant yellow circle around you.

Reaction score
You nailed it.

Help me out here: when was the last time Romo had an off game and was bailed out by anyone at all? Defense putting it on their shoulders (lol)? Running back and Oline taking a game over? Frigging coaches adjusting and moving away from whatever Romo is having difficulty with? Aside from getting occasional help from a place kicker, there is no way the Cowboys can overcome a bad game by Romo, unless it's Romo overcoming it hisowndamnedself. You're absolutely right, UVA, he's been keeping Garrett employed (and the Cowboys at least semi-competetive) since he got here.

Eerily similar to those poorly-coached late 90s teams. There was a MNF game (I'm sure someone here can remember better than me...) where the entire team just sucked ass, and Deion ended up winning the game all by himself with 2-3 TDs. Obviously he had blocking help and all, but it was basically a one-man show.

Garrett is the ginger Quincy Carter. No one wanted him. He would have been coaching college if Jerry didn't come calling.

You think the Ravens are kicking themselves for missing out, or celebrating that they dodged a bullet by not hiring him after 2007?

Reaction score
Here's a guy who obviously didn't see the game.

Imagine that you're on the screen and I just Madden-drew a giant yellow circle around you.

Come at me, bro.

What's your address? I got approved for a Costco membership last week. WTF have you done?!

That's what I thought.

Also, I did watch it, and you're wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't make adjustments. He thinks he's smarter than the other coach, and that adjusting is admitting he was outsmarted.
I think he probably didn't make any major half-time adjustments yesterday. Aside from our special teams fuckups, we beat their asses in the first half. He probably thought we would come out and continue to do what we had been doing. I thought that... so did Jimmy Johnson and most of the free world. He probably just did some minor tweaking if I had to guess.

Who knew our defense would be gassed after not being on the field for the whole half... Maybe they were just disinterested.

diehard2294

Practice Squad
Reaction score
they're like the estranged father who promises to call on your birthday but never does. You want to believe in him, but he inevitably lets you down.
I can always count on you for a good laugh

Top Bottom