Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Still pissed.

But, now that I know to expect more of the "any given week we'll quit" mentality, I can prepare myself better for them to get their assess handed to them on any given week.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still pissed.

But, now that I know to expect more of the "any given week we'll quit" mentality, I can prepare myself better for them to get their assess handed to them on any given week.

Yep that's the dissapointing thing.

Losing we can all expect. Throwing in the towel is not ok.

Hey there kicking our ass, oh let's just quit and et em next week. Sucks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really think I am a defective person. Everything I know about football tells me this is an average team with a qb who keeps it from being what it really is.

I know what you mean, but the team did go 5-3 with Jon Kitna at QB the 2nd half of the 2010 season. So its not exactly true that we only play decent because of Romo.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that I've slept on it, I'm more convinced than ever that Bob is a cancer on this forum. :towel

As for the Cowboys, they're like the estranged father who promises to call on your birthday but never does. You want to believe in him, but he inevitably lets you down.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but the team did go 5-3 with Jon Kitna at QB the 2nd half of the 2010 season. So its not exactly true that we only play decent because of Romo.

That is simply not true.

He lost to jax, gb, new Orleans, Philly and put us in a 14-0 hole in Arizona before getting knocked out.

The qb is not the problem.

He is the life preserver.

I feel bad for him. No matter how many people screw up there jobs on this team and how poor the coaches are people will still blame the qb.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That is simply not true.

He lost to jax, gb, new Orleans, Philly and put us in a 14-0 hole in Arizona before getting knocked out.

The qb is not the problem.

He is the life preserver.

I feel bad for him. No matter how many people screw up there jobs on this team and how poor the coaches are people will still blame the qb.

The team was 5-3 after Garrett took over and Kitna won all but 1 of those games, I guess I should have clarified. And Kitna did play pretty well in those games.

Nobody is blaming Romo for yesterday, but at the same time I didnt felt he played all that great either. Wasnt all his fault, way too many drops and the pass protections was shoddy on too many plays, but he made alot of poor throws too. He could have easily had 3 or 4 balls picked off.

But he's the least of the teams worries.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of Romo, and yes he is the least of our worries, did the TV guys ever say anything about all those times the ball came out of his hand funny? Several of his passes came out off line and with a terrible spiral, which isn't like him at all. And I don't think he was getting hit all those times. I wonder if he got some kind of hand injury at some point, like if he banged his hand on a helmet or something.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The team was 5-3 after Garrett took over and Kitna won all but 1 of those games, I guess I should have clarified. And Kitna did play pretty well in those games.

Nobody is blaming Romo for yesterday, but at the same time I didnt felt he played all that great either. Wasnt all his fault, way too many drops and the pass protections was shoddy on too many plays, but he made alot of poor throws too. He could have easily had 3 or 4 balls picked off.

But he's the least of the teams worries.

no he did not. he lost to jax, gb, new orleans, philly and put us behind in arizona.

Reaction score
Bennett's success in NY tells you everything that you need to know about this Garrett family carnival at Valley Ranch.

Bennett has done more with the Giants in two weeks than he did his entire time in Dallas. Eli is no better than Romo. They just have quality coaches who can make adjustments during a game, and cater to a player's strengths. It's becoming clear that, rather than just a bust, Bennett was part of a shitty environment mixed in with shitty coaching. I definitely know enough about John Garrett to find it acceptable to not give a fuck about what he's saying. Can't fault Bennett for figuring out the same thing.

Yet, Dallas will eventually win again this season, and the same peeps who are angry today will go right back to thinking about playoffs and Ginger-Tom Landry similarities.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bennett's success in NY tells you everything that you need to know about this Garrett family carnival at Valley Ranch.

Bennett has done more with the Giants in two weeks than he did his entire time in Dallas. Eli is no better than Romo. They just have quality coaches who can make adjustments during a game, and cater to a player's strengths. It's becoming clear that, rather than just a bust, Bennett was more of a victim of a shitty environment mixed in with shitty coaching.

Yet, Dallas will eventually win again this season, and the same peeps who are angry today will go right back to thinking about playoffs and Ginger-Tom Landry similarities.

he dropped two balls thrown right to him in the endzone.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bennett is still Mr. 50/50. He dropped a TD in a big spot yesterday before his big catch late. He's just a starter now so he gets more chances.

Reaction score
he dropped two balls thrown right to him in the endzone.

He also caught a few, including a crucial TD. He was completely useless here. It's not like he ate some magical beans during the offseason and learned how to be productive all of a sudden.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He also caught a few, including a crucial TD. He was completely useless here. It's not like he ate some magical beans during the offseason and learned how to be productive all of a sudden.

he made a nice catch on the deep ball.

he was boo'd the whole game until that point.

they can have him, we wont miss him.

Reaction score
Plus, the point is not that Bennett was some awesome all-pro player that they threw away. It's that we don't utilize the players on the roster very well, and we certainly do not make in-game adjustments at all. If Romo is not playing like an all-world baller, the team is pretty much fucked.

Most teams usually have to overcome shitty QB play in order to have some success. Romo is the only thing keeping this team afloat. That should not be the case when you have an owner willing to trade anything or spend any amount for talent. There's a real problem with the coaching here.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everytime we tried to utilize Martellus he'd get hit in the face with a ball that went right through his hands against Philly.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I slept on my left shoulder. Ouch, it hurts.

Theres no excuse for losing to one of the worst teams in football. . . .unless you're a bad football team.

I think the Dallas Cowboys are a meh-to-bad football team. There is obviously talent there, but it's overshadowed by inept coaching. Good coaches don't get 10 days to prepare for Pete Carol(sp?) and Spike Lee, and then get worked over by 20 points.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
no he did not. he lost to jax, gb, new orleans, philly and put us behind in arizona.

when was Wade Phillips fired? We were 1-7, were we not?

I said we were 5-3 with Garrett and Kitna won all but one of those. There is nothing in-accurate about that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't make adjustments. He thinks he's smarter than the other coach, and that adjusting is admitting he was outsmarted.

Top Bottom