Reaction score
Does it sting less?

I think I'm over it.

What bothers me most is, I came into the season optomistic - as I always do. But I really bought into this team after what I considered to be a very impressive week 1 win. To go to New York - a team that has owned us lately, to win in their house on opening night when everyone in the world doubted us... well, that's just not a win we've been getting lately.

So when we did that, I felt that this year could be special.

Nope. Same old Cowboys.

I'm not mad or anything anymore. I guess you kind of get used to being let down by this team.

This isn't going to be a special year. Even if we peel off and win the next 5 games... you'll know deep down you really can't trust this team.

We're too short on coaching. We're too short on preparation. We're too short on talent in the trenches.

The only thing that will piss me off about this game is if Felix Jones remains a Cowboy.

This is a perfect time to send a message. Cut a first rounder and a name. He brings nothing to the table anyway.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's worse for me.

When I get a chance this week I am going to watch the all 22 and try and figure out with the corners we have that we decided to rush three guys all day. I suspect it's because our defensive coordinator is a spare part but I could be wrong.

I also assume I will be even more frustrated when Garrett goes to the podium today and claims the effort was good.

That is going to piss me off more than anything.

There is nothing more sorry to me than not trying and just saying we will get them next time. It's sad.

I'm seriously concerned we are 1-4 at the bye and staring at another lost season with no answers.

To me though the give a shit factor was pretty low yesterday from these players yesterday and I think that is sorry.

Reaction score
I'm seriously concerned we are 1-4 at the bye and staring at another lost season with no answers.

I'm the opposite. I really think we're going to take it to the Bucs next week. Win by more than a TD.

Bears game will be tough though.

This team will do well against the Bucs and fool people into thinking they're legit again.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score

Great Maybe theres an opportunity to draft a DB or WR in the top 10 next year

Sign Cook to a big deal, and re up with Free

:suicide

Reaction score
We're just never going to be a serious contender so long as Jerry is alive.

It's like he sold his soul to the devil to win that trophy in 1995.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's worse for me.

When I get a chance this week I am going to watch the all 22 and try and figure out with the corners we have that we decided to rush three guys all day. I suspect it's because our defensive coordinator is a spare part but I could be wrong.

That's the headscratcher right there. We had success rushing five against Eli---are you telling me that the Seahawks WRs and QB are better than the Giants' WRs and QB? The Cardinals had success agaisnt this very Seahawks team by rushing five, and yet we choose to rush only three for the greater part.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I really think we're going to take it to the Bucs next week. Win by more than a TD.

Bears game will be tough though.

This team will do well against the Bucs and fool people into thinking they're legit again.

I think you may be right. Thats the problem because they keep us believing week after week.

I am of the belief that I would rather completley fail so I dont have to waste any more time and anxiety on this team and perhaps have better drafts adressing our glarring issues

Reaction score
It was a total loss.

I thought Seattle looked good in Week 1 and assumed they'd be tough. I thought the Cowboys might lose, but I also thought they'd at least show up.

I'm pretty disappointed by how bad the team played..

I tell myself that the OL will get better the more they play together, and that will help the run game and take some pressure off of Romo (who is constantly asked to do too much IMO). Not sure that I really buy it (about the OL getting better), but that's what I'm hoping.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think in any way you can blame Jerry for yesterday.

At least I know Jerry cares, as misguided as he is at least I know he puts the energy into it.

The players sure didn't.

I also think it sucks that we had like four players on this team that are universally looked at as legit tough guys and ne of them is Sean lee who got his manhood ripped from him on an illegal hit.

Oh well. Same as always.

Reaction score
I think you may be right. Thats the problem because they keep us believing week after week.

I am of the belief that I would rather completley fail so I dont have to waste any more time and anxiety on this team and perhaps have better drafts adressing our glarring issues

I want to win every week.

But, call me a fairweather fan, the perennial shit fests we're subjected too is taking its toll on my fandom.

There was a time when I never missed a game, and never missed a snap - regardless how bad we were. I saw every snap of those back to back to back 5-11 years.

But the past few years I've found myself turning games off early when we're out of it. @GB, NYG@Dal in 2010. And I did it last night when Lynch got that last touchdown.

I really think only Romo keeps me watching, because I honestly believe as long as there's enough time on the clock, he gives us a chance.

Once he retires, and we're back searching for a QB... or if we're ever just an at best .500 team again, I'm going to be just a casual fan like I am with the Tennessee Vols.

I'll know who we're playing. I'll check the scores from time to time. But I won't schedule my entire Sunday around the game.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I tell myself that the OL will get better the more they play together, and that will help the run game and take some pressure off of Romo (who is constantly asked to do too much IMO). Not sure that I really buy it (about the OL getting better), but that's what I'm hoping.

I'm not sure that one can legitimately blame the Oline. They did as well against the Giants. Romo had time to throw, it's just the WRs sand TEs were not getting open, and when they did... they dropped the ball. Plenty of points were left on the field by the Cowboys. I knew the Seahawks had one hell of a secondary, consider ourselves fortunate, that they didn't have a pass rush, and even still they were very agressive, and once again Garrett failed to exploit that. He called ONE SCREEN play to Murray and had great success, and that was it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, doesnt change anything for me. It was awful yesterday, and I still feel awful about it today.

I'm just stunned, I dont expect to win every game and I knew this would be a tough game, but I am stunned at how inept this team played. Dropped passes galore. Missed blocks left and right. Horrendous game plan defensively. Just putrid special teams play.

I wondered at the end of training camp why they'd keep Dan Connor (especially at the expense of Orie Lemon) when he looked so mediocre to poor in the preseason games. Then yesterday he was personally responsible for giving up two tds (one ST, one on a pass)

And whats the purpose of spending 50 million on 1 CB, then trading up in the draft to get another stud if you are gonna essentially play a prevent defense most of the game? What was all that 3 man rush garbage? Especially when they showed how inept Seattle was the previous week vs the blitzes Arizona used. We hardly blitzed at all.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score

But, call me a fairweather fan, the perennial shit fests we're subjected too is taking its toll on my fandom.

There was a time when I never missed a game, and never missed a snap - regardless how bad we were. I saw every snap of those back to back to back 5-11 years.

But the past few years I've found myself turning games off early when we're out of it. @GB, NYG@Dal in 2010. And I did it last night when Lynch got that last touchdown.

I really think only Romo keeps me watching, because I honestly believe as long as there's enough time on the clock, he gives us a chance.

Once he retires, and we're back searching for a QB... or if we're ever just an at best .500 team again, I'm going to be just a casual fan like I am with the Tennessee Vols.

I'll know who we're playing. I'll check the scores from time to time. But I won't schedule my entire Sunday around the game.

Completely agree except for the Tennessee Vols shit

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wondered at the end of training camp why they'd keep Dan Connor (especially at the expense of Orie Lemon) when he looked so mediocre to poor in the preseason games. Then yesterday he was personally responsible for giving up two tds (one ST, one on a pass).

Keith Brookings 2.0... just a younger version.

And whats the purpose of spending 50 million on 1 CB, then trading up in the draft to get another stud if you are gonna essentially play a prevent defense most of the game? What was all that 3 man rush garbage? Especially when they showed how inept Seattle was the previous week vs the blitzes Arizona used. We hardly blitzed at all.

Hardly? I did see any blitzes at all. And even if we didn't blitz, why didn't we rush five like we did against the Giants? Ryan got pussied by A 5'9 ROOKIE QB.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You know what, I'm getting to that point too. Last year all those almost impossible come from ahead losses sucked the life out of me. I even started expecting my college teams to lose last year and I've never been like that.

What's weird and what sucks about yesterday is that unlike last year, you can't say a really talented team just caught fire and rolled us (Eagles, Giants) or that we brainfarted the game away in critical moments (Lions, Cards). I sat there and watched that entire game yesterday and today I can't quite explain how we couldn't score a single point in the second half or how Russell Wilson led multiple scoring drives on us without any really big plays. I forgot to record the game yesterday or else I would actually re-watch it because the game was almost like a slow-motion blur.

You're right that Romo's magic act is the only thing that really gives us a chance to win every week, though. Until Seattle ground us into a pulp on that long scoring drive I still expected a Buffalo-like comeback, especially after he once again dodged rushers in the first half. What's gonna really suck is if (no, when) Romo starts getting beat up or just ages to the point he loses some of that sixth sense and agility to make chicken salad out of chicken shat. Then we're in big trouble.

Meh.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Felix Jones set the pace for the team yesterday.

I put myself in a coma by the second quarter.

Reaction score
I was sitting there thinking... okay, just hold them to a field goal. Then we have 9 minutes to get two touchdowns and two 2 pt conversions.

No problem.

lol

I felt a loss was coming very early in the game, but yet I still believed Romo would start hitting Miles and Dez deep and we'd see something ridiculous.

Then Lynch ended that notion.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Felix Jones set the pace for the team yesterday.

I put myself in a coma by the second quarter.

I said this very same thing. He set the tone, but then that's still an indictment against Garrett in now having this team unprepared. Any other team could and would overcome Felix.

What is the point of having Felix on the team? If Murray gets hurt, does anybody have any confidence in Felix to carry the load in Murray's absence?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know what, I'm getting to that point too. Last year all those almost impossible come from ahead losses sucked the life out of me. I even started expecting my college teams to lose last year and I've never been like that.

What's weird and what sucks about yesterday is that unlike last year, you can't say a really talented team just caught fire and rolled us (Eagles, Giants) or that we brainfarted the game away in critical moments (Lions, Cards). I sat there and watched that entire game yesterday and today I can't quite explain how we couldn't score a single point in the second half or how Russell Wilson led multiple scoring drives on us without any really big plays. I forgot to record the game yesterday or else I would actually re-watch it because the game was almost like a slow-motion blur.

You're right that Romo's magic act is the only thing that really gives us a chance to win every week, though. Until Seattle ground us into a pulp on that long scoring drive I still expected a Buffalo-like comeback, especially after he once again dodged rushers in the first half. What's gonna really suck is if (no, when) Romo starts getting beat up or just ages to the point he loses some of that sixth sense and agility to make chicken salad out of chicken shat. Then we're in big trouble.

Meh.

I really think I am a defective person. Everything I know about football tells me this is an average team with a qb who keeps it from being what it really is.

Yet I will be on board that we can flip a switch and make run at any point.

It's like nothing can shake my addiction.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really think I am a defective person. Everything I know about football tells me this is an average team with a qb who keeps it from being what it really is.

Yet I will be on board that we can flip a switch and make run at any point.

It's like nothing can shake my addiction.
Well I'm not to the point of turning games off early, I haven't done that since that 08 Rams game when Brad Johnson couldn't throw the ball five yards past the line of scrimmage. And I agree that I still expect this team to snap out of it no matter how many times I see mediocrity because they do have the talent. There is no doubt about that. Teams get on a roll out of nowhere all the time and we could still do that. But I've insulated myself to not get quite as pissed as I used to after losses because, well, you almost have to when it happens so often.

Top Bottom