Reaction score
whatever does it for you. I watched Real Housewives of OC with my roommate once. I can't take the contrived fights.

Those reality shows are all scripted. I don't watch any other reality shows. This one is a competition show like Survivor, etc. They aren't scripted. And the fights aren't contrived... you get kicked off for fighting. The skinny dude in the white got booted.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can accept that the actual competitions aren't contrived. But I guarantee you producers are walking up to whoever the douche is and are like "you haven't fought with shawna for a bit maybe it's time to get into something lets get some excitement here". Same shit they do on the Ultimate Fighter.

Reaction score
They only did one competition at that point. He was paired with the one black guy who was telling him not to let the other guy bait him. That guy and his new partner (once they booted Adam - dude in white shirt) ended up making it to the finals.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
This show is basically the same thing as Survivor, Big Brother, half a dozen other reality elimination shows.

Except its better because they bring the same people back for a lot of these, so over time you become familiar with back stories, rivalries, etc.

I mean, yeah, I get the whole it's on MTV so lets bash it. I probably would too. An exgf got me hooked on them around 2004 or so and I've been watching them ever since.

I can't.... I can't quit them.

Show is amazing.

Go back to Game of Fags SP

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I can accept that the actual competitions aren't contrived. But I guarantee you producers are walking up to whoever the douche is and are like "you haven't fought with shawna for a bit maybe it's time to get into something lets get some excitement here". Same shit they do on the Ultimate Fighter.

That's exactly the case. The producers also do things like making the contestants stay up late/get up early (less sleep), and then feed them alcohol so they are more likely to fight. I can't remember where I read that. The towing shows are clearly the fakest. Like shit pops off like that every time a car is towed.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's exactly the case. The producers also do things like making the contestants stay up late/get up early (less sleep), and then feed them alcohol so they are more likely to fight. I can't remember where I read that. The towing shows are clearly the fakest. Like shit pops off like that every time a car is towed.

Reality TV is all scripted. I even saw an episode of The First 48 where they scripted a case. You could tell. Those towing shows are by far the worst of them all.

Reaction score
@midswat WHats the rumours about This season, any nuggets?

No idea. Just know it's Rivals II. Some of the regs are going to be there. Diem, Johnny, CT, Wes, Paula's crazy ass is coming back. Zach. Frank.

The past could seasons have actually sucked, so my enthusiasm is tempered slightly.

Reaction score
Sounds like Zac yelling "I won, who's next!" at the end.

It'd be good if he acted like an imposing force this time around. Never really did that on the last challege.

Also, by the looks of this promo, either a lot of people get sent home for fist fighting, or they've laxed the rules on that.

Reaction score
I think if Zac got a mean streak, he might be able to out-muscle CT. I would pay to see them really go at it. Not much, but I would pay something.

Also, by the looks of this promo, either a lot of people get sent home for fist fighting, or they've laxed the rules on that.

I was shocked after they let Nia stay at the end of the last Real World season. That was probably the worst fight I've seen on one of these MTV shows.

Reaction score
I think if Zac got a mean streak, he might be able to out-muscle CT. I would pay to see them really go at it. Not much, but I would pay something.

I don't think so. Zach has chicken legs. CJ's tiny ass almost eliminated him last season and Zach is like 5 inches taller and 40lbs heaver than him.

Reaction score
I think CJ almost beat Zac because he had lower leverage in that event. Zac went into it thinking he would just bowl him over, and got caught overconfident. CJ's no weakling.

But mentally, I don't think Zac could compete with CT.

Reaction score
But mentally, I don't think Zac could compete with CT.

Agree. Thats why I root for CT. He's not afraid of anyone or anything.

There are a number of strong competitors on these shows, but they spend the entire time scheming/politicking to make it to the finals. They're all scared shitless about going into an elimination round. And truthfully, thats how you're supposed to play I guess. Johnny Bannanas is a strong competitor, but he's a little bitch when it comes time to go into an elimination. He'll throw his own mother under the bus to save his skin.

CT just goes to these things and competes. And most people are scared to vote him in because there's not much they could do against him where they'd have an advantage.

Derrick was another guy who wasn't afraid and never really formed alliances or got involved in politics. And he was like 5'7" 130lbs. But the kid had heart. I always rooted for him to.

Brad, Johnny, Wes, etc.... strong competitors but chick shit. I like it when they get eliminated.

Top Bottom