Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Report: Lawsuit seeks monetary damages by Henry Melton after alleged biting at Grapevine sports bar

Dallas Cowboys free-agent target Henry Melton is the subject of a million-dollar lawsuit that claims the NFL player caused both medical and psychological damage to a Grapevine sportsbar owner this past December.

Melton, a Grapevine native who, according to Dallas Morning News sources, met with the Cowboys on Monday, was kicked out of the sportsbar Chill just before 2 a.m. Dec. 23 and accused of assault, according to a past Morning News report.
Melton was arrested for public intoxication and charged with assault, the report states.

But now the Chill owner, Donald Payne, is suing for injuries that reach beyond just medical bills, according to a report by WFAA. Payne is seeking monetary relief "in a sum great than $1 million," according to WFAA.
"When (Melton) was asked to leave, his belligerence and unruliness turned into violence," attorney Darren Wolf, who represents the restaurant's owner, recently told WFFA.

Shortly after the arrest, Melton, speaking through agent Jordan Woy, denied assaulting anyone but said he was in an argument with a bartender.

Wolf added: "It took four men to do this because he's a big guy. And in the process, my client — Mr. Payne — received a really really horrific bite from Mr. Melton. He bit him in the side, near the kidney, through the skin."
Surveillance footage, obtained by WFAA, shows a group of men removing Melton.
Melton's agent, Jordan Woy, disputed the lawsuit's claims in a statement to WFAA:

"We have recently reviewed the lawsuit and do not believe the validity of the allegations made," the statement reads. "We look forward to providing the true facts in court and will defend this matter vigorously. We will seek to hold The Chill and others accountable for any and all damages Henry has suffered at the hands of multiple men who attacked him.”

Click the link to see surveillance video:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Surv...ar-after-punching-biting-owner-249994261.html

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not saying I wouldn't want them both, just saying Allen's chances of winning a Super Bowl are better if he signed with Seattle. Wouldn't you agree?

Sure, but is that the ONLY reason he wants to continue to play?

Didn't he say he wasn't interested in being a part-time, situational pass rusher?

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sure, but is that the ONLY reason he wants to continue to play?

Didn't he say he wasn't interested in being a part-time, situational pass rusher?

Well, yeah he's stated he wants to win a championship and get paid. Both of those things Dallas can't give him. I truly believe he'll retire if he doesn't get what he wants.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"I'm tryin to get paid however money is made," Allen explains. "A lot dudes like to pay ladies to get laid. But me, I ain't no pimp, I just love to borrow paper from a fat bitch, a ugly bitch, a model. For Real."

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys' visits ongoing with Melton, Allen

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – As Henry Melton's visit with the Dallas Cowboys comes to a close, Jared Allen's is beginning.

Melton met with Cowboys coaches and front office types on Monday and sources indicate his surgically-repaired left knee checked out fine in meeting with the team's medical staff. At the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month, Melton's agent, Jordan Woy, said Melton would be 100 percent ready to go by training camp after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the third game of the 2013 season.

Allen flew in on Monday night and was scheduled to meet with coach Jason Garrett and several assistants. His visit will go through Tuesday.

Like everything in free agency, the decisions will come down to the financial commitment. So far the Cowboys have been disciplined in their approach to the open market as they make the effort to fix their salary-cap situation in the near and distant future.

The hardest call was parting ways with DeMarcus Ware, which freed up $7.4 million in salary-cap space, but also opened up an even bigger need at defensive end. The Cowboys have signed defensive linemen Jeremy Mincey and Terrell McClain in free agency but they are viewed as complimentary pieces.

Melton and Allen would be starting pieces, but at what cost? Melton, 27, developed into a Pro Bowl performer under Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli with the Chicago Bears. Allen, who turns 32 in April, has had at least 11 sacks in a season for the last seven years.

The Cowboys have competition for both players. Melton has visited with the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks. Allen also had a visit with the Seahawks.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Allen wants to win a Super Bowl he won't sign with us.

We're wasting our time with Allen. He's not a good fit here.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Henry Melton's visit with the #Cowboys ended last night, and now he's on his way to visit the #Rams, source said.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Glad he left without a deal.

What did signing LaRoi Glover do for us? Not a damn thing. This team needs to learn from it's mistakes for once.

Top Bottom