jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
N
You're looking at 12-4 and have bought in. Just like in 2007 when you saw that 13-3. You're sold.

This team at its core is a fucking 8-8 or 9-7 at best mediocre shitville. 12-4 comes from fucking lucky breaks like lack of massive injuries on the defensive side of the ball, 116 fewer snaps played by that lousy fucking D due to 400 carries by your RB and a league leading and near all time record, 3rd down fucking conversion percentage. You ran into a Seattle team that was in disarray, a Saints team that turned out to be a shadow of what it once was, and got fucking lucky at Philadelphia.

There are always 20 or so such teams in the NFL starting every year, which are basically mediocre 8-8 squads but with the right breaks, fluke shit and a lot of luck, can be fucking 12-4. Dallas has been one of those mediocre 20, annually, for the last 12 years or so. It's the nature of this league.

Stop deluding yourself. This team sucks and has, for going on 20 fucking years. 12-4 ain't happening and it's not because of lost players off that mediocre fluke fucking team that had all the breaks go its way, one year.

You "see what's being built" and I see continued crap.
Okay, you have sold me. We suck again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay, you have sold me. We suck again.
Still.

Doomsday you sound like a miserable fuck, why do you even watch?
I live quite happily in realism, thanks. Visions of Lombardis dancing in your head is what's miserable.

Hey, I used to be a buy-in too and in fact spent years defending Jerruh. But then ten years passed after the last championship and I realized, this was exactly the point where Tom was fired. Ten years after the last Super Bowl. The game had passed him by, they said. Jerruh had a vision and it worked, they said.

No. Jerruh had a big wallet and did the no-brainer thing by hiring Jimmy and pretty much keeping his mouth shut and let him work, for awhile. Two Lombadis later, he'd had enough of that and deluded himself it was all his doing. Then in the most towering insult possible to both the franchise and its fans, brought in Barry fucking Switzer to coach the team. But even at that I was still a defender and apologist. Yeah, this was still pretty much Jimmy's Cowboys who won that third Lombardi in spite of, not due to, Switzer, but hey Jerruh wrote checks his ass couldn't cash and somehow cashed them in spades. I still had to give him credit.

Then we watched year after year of fucking mediocrity and management foibles and flubs, and then had to suffer the indignity of this new garbage stadium. It's a fucking garish and lurid parody of itself and the franchise. Jerruh has turned this entire thing into a joke, about himself. And the fucking joke is on us as this fucker lines his pockets with money we as idiot fans continue to give him for? Continued mediocrity.

Global fucking warming isn't caused by CO2 in the atmosphere, it is caused by the tremendous heat from the friction of Tom and Tex, spinning in their graves at 7,500 RPM.

Truth be told, I WANT this team to fail, want it to stay mediocre and live in the fetid putrid sewer of 8-8 as long as that fucking puss infected smegma bubble Jerruh is alive, and then for at least three years after the son of a bitch is fucking dead. But more than want it, I fucking KNOW that's what will happen. Because this IS Jerry Jones.

What it took to wake me up was year after year of this same shit. 13-3 and then a 12-4 don't change the reality of what this franchise is.

I cheer for and root for the players, because of all of us they are the primary victims after all. I want them to win but that comes with a big caveat. But at least they get compensated for it. What the fuck do WE get?

You never heard the audio of the guy calling in to the sports radio show, asking Jerry why the mediocrity continues, and then Jerry's answer? Paraphrased it goes, "Hey mother fucker, did you like three Super Bowls? Then shut the fuck up."

You're down with that? Super Bowl 50 represents twenty fucking SB games since Dallas was last in one. Twenty fucking years. And we're supposed to shut the fuck up? If we're not down with Jerruh and his generational mediocrity, we're somehow bad fans, or are miserable?

We're PISSED OFF is what we are, those of us who remember what this team is supposed to be and what it once so long ago, represented. We wish a foul horrible death on Jerry and hope to fuck it comes via something like auto-erotic asphyxiation, David Carradine style.

The LAST thing any of us should ever want to see is that slack jawed, mealy mouthed, wombat faced TWIT holding up another Lombardi trophy.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Dooms, those words brought tears to my eyes. I remembered how it felt to be a fan of the real Dallas Cowboys for a minute and not this dog and pony show that is paraded on the field every year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're looking at 12-4 and have bought in. Just like in 2007 when you saw that 13-3. You're sold.

This team at its core is a fucking 8-8 or 9-7 at best mediocre shitville. 12-4 comes from fucking lucky breaks like lack of massive injuries on the defensive side of the ball, 116 fewer snaps played by that lousy fucking D due to 400 carries by your RB and a league leading and near all time record, 3rd down fucking conversion percentage. You ran into a Seattle team that was in disarray, a Saints team that turned out to be a shadow of what it once was, and got fucking lucky at Philadelphia.

There are always 20 or so such teams in the NFL starting every year, which are basically mediocre 8-8 squads but with the right breaks, fluke shit and a lot of luck, can be fucking 12-4. Dallas has been one of those mediocre 20, annually, for the last 12 years or so. It's the nature of this league.

Stop deluding yourself. This team sucks and has, for going on 20 fucking years. 12-4 ain't happening and it's not because of lost players off that mediocre fluke fucking team that had all the breaks go its way, one year.

Once again... go game by game and pin-point the flukes. If the 12-4 record is a fluke then all the games played --- not just the ones won, would reveal said flukes. Otherwise you are just spouting nonsensical shit.

This team at its core is a fucking 8-8 or 9-7 at best mediocre shitville. 12-4 comes from fucking lucky breaks like lack of massive injuries on the defensive side of the ball

What team consistently has MASSIVE injuries on either side of the ball? That would be more unlucky if anything. Massive injuries is not a consistent for an individual team year-in and out. And wouldn't massive injuries on either side of the ball for any all teams be devastating? And thus ANY team able to avoid massive injuries could I guess be lucky. All the playoff teams from last year were also "lucky" to not have sustained massive injuries as well.

But on the flip side, Sean Lee's injury was MASSIVE... so that there undercuts your bullshit of us being lucky.

Claiborne's injury was also MASSIVE, but... we were lucky for that. Because had he played... we might not have done as well. So in that instance I will concede... we got lucky.

A prime part of being a successful team includes being health. Duh.

You trying to use this "lucky to not have massive injuries" to make your claim of being an 8-8 or 9-7 to the core, only undermine your argument and thereby inadvertently admit that the team is 8-8 and 9-7 as a result of unlucky breaks of sustaining massive injuries., which means when the team is healthy... they're good and better than 8-8 or 9-7.

During those 8-8 years, Murray never was healthy nor played a full season. He plays his first full season and the Cowboys benefit.

116 fewer snaps played by that lousy fucking D due to 400 carries by your RB and a league leading and near all time record, 3rd down fucking conversion percentage. You ran into a Seattle team that was in disarray, a Saints team that turned out to be a shadow of what it once was, and got fucking lucky at Philadelphia.

LOL. What a fucking tool. That sounds more like an offensive philosophy and actual game planning than luck: Keep your offense and the opposing defense on the field as long as possible with time-consuming sustained drives, in otherwords... WIN THE BATTLE OF TIME OF POSSESSION (Football 101). And if your defense is significantly the weakest part of your team, then you definitely employ this tactic.

Why would you want the defense to be on the field for extended periods of time?

The Colts under Manning had a weak defense but he was able to help it out tremendously. Saints under Brees. Very few teams are truly balanced where they are equally as good on both sides of the ball.

You ran into a Seattle team that was in disarray...

Like I said what a fucking tool. Please explain this disarray. The Seahawks were 3-1 when they faced the Cowboys and AT HOME. Prior to that they had beaten both the Packers and Broncos. Their lone loss was to the Chargers on the road. The Cowboys had their FGA blocked and returned for a TD and were down 10 points at the close end of the 1st quarter, if anything the Cowboys were in disarray. They had two turnovers: fg block, and Harris muffing the punt --- both led to TDs for Seattle. How often does a team have those sort of costly turnovers against the Seahawks ON THE ROAD, and is able to rally and still overcome and beat them? Those turnovers were bad luck for the Cowboys.

WHERE WAS THE FLUKE(S) IN THAT GAME?

Did you even fucking watch the game?

a Saints team that turned out to be a shadow of what it once was.

And that's our fault? Once again you have no fucking clue as to what speak of. We got the Saints early in the season and at their best. They were 2-1 --- could have easily been 3-0, when they faced us.

After their loss to us, they beat the Bucs; lost to the Lions (playoff team) by a single point; MUDSTOMPED the Packers and Panthers (both playoff teams). So when exactly did the Saints become this "shadow of themselves"? And once again... in that game against the Cowboys... where was the fluke(s)?

and got fucking lucky at Philadelphia.

Lucky how? The Cowboys were up 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter. The Eagles rallied, took the lead 24-21 late in the 3rd quarter. The Cowboys then rallied with two TDs in a span of 3 minutes, and the defense held the rest of the way.

Where was the fluke(s) at in that game?

EVERY TEAM GETS BREAKS at one time or another. There are teams that get them more than others. The Cowboys have almost ALWAYS been on the receiving end of BAD BREAKS, which likely contributed more to the 8-8 season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What Jerry did over the past 20 years or so was horrible. I feel better about things now that Stephen is seemingly in the captain's chair.

Don't know how good Stephen will be, but it seems obvious that he's an improvement.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You never heard the audio of the guy calling in to the sports radio show, asking Jerry why the mediocrity continues, and then Jerry's answer? Paraphrased it goes, "Hey mother fucker, did you like three Super Bowls? Then shut the fuck up."

TL;DR......joking

you're preaching to the choir (except for getting rid of Landry, his time was done), there may not be a man I hate more than jerri jones on the face of the earth, maybe Kim Jong-il but its close

And I did hear that guy call in to The Ticket and got infuriated at that jackass's smug response. I can't change the channel on the radio or TV fast enough if jerri is mumbling on it, he sends me into a rage (not quite as intense as yours though).

Having said that, somethings changed lately in the front office and I like it, we'll see how long it lasts before jerri has to come in and show everyone who's boss and fuck it all up again

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Damn, Laz chewed Dooms up and spit him out. I am waiting for a reply.
He didn't chew anything but Jerry's shriveled dick. He sees the games and the team overall though the eyes of a Homer, he might as well be a Browns fan.

Plus, erecting and burning down so many of his own straw men, we might get fined by the frikkin EPA.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What team consistently has MASSIVE injuries on either side of the ball?
No one said any such thing. Straw #1 busted.
You trying to use this "lucky to not have massive injuries" to make your claim of being an 8-8 or 9-7 to the core
Straw #2 busted - I merely explained the difference between the D of this year, and last.
During those 8-8 years
Up until last season, the team was a average of 8-8 since 1997. So it's 16, 8-8 mediocre years. Big picture, s0n.
Why would you want the defense to be on the field for extended periods of time?
Straw #3 busted - no one ever said that.
The Cowboys have almost ALWAYS been on the receiving end of BAD BREAKS
Pot, meet kettle. You're calling ME a tool? It's too funny to even laugh at.
Please explain this disarray.
You must have missed the part where their chemistry was destroyed by Harvin, and finally the trade resulted. They didn't truly right the ship until getting rid of the cancer.
The Cowboys then rallied with two TDs in a span of 3 minutes
The Eagles shit the bed, you mean.

Plus I didn't mention how many times backups and/or 3rd string quarterbacks shredded us. Colt fucking McCoy? The Rams 3rd string QB? This of course goes right back to my point - this typically does happen to mediocre teams.

You still haven't answered my central question - are you a buy-in? You think 12-4 means something other than a one year wonder out of the last 20? What are your expectations for this team next year? I've made clear what mine are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What Jerry did over the past 20 years or so was horrible. I feel better about things now that Stephen is seemingly in the captain's chair.

Don't know how good Stephen will be, but it seems obvious that he's an improvement.
Having said that, somethings changed lately in the front office and I like it, we'll see how long it lasts before jerri has to come in and show everyone who's boss and fuck it all up again
See, we can't ever be sure Stephen is behind the perceived "change," until Jerruh is long dead and we're sure who's really in charge.
And I did hear that guy call in to The Ticket and got infuriated at that jackass's smug response. I can't change the channel on the radio or TV fast enough if jerri is mumbling on it, he sends me into a rage (not quite as intense as yours though).
Reason I asked was, it was posted here, a recording of it. I shall try to find it for you. Every Cowboys fan should hear it daily.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I shall try to find it for you. Every Cowboys fan should hear it daily.
And, here it is.

Jerry will die a miserable failure just like Al Davis. His early successes in football, however great or innovative, will be completely overlooked and he will be remembered only for years of failure and his refusal to admit obvious defeat and relinquish control.
He articulates just that, in this radio call-in clip:

What Jones really thinks about us.

Everyone should hear this.
Embed mp3 player:

And for you guys holding out hope that Stephen might be in charge or have really any influence at all:

"The day I step down, is the day I don't own this football team." - Jerruh

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you're preaching to the choir (except for getting rid of Landry, his time was done
This really isn't in dispute and I wasn't disputing it, sorry if I made it seem so. 29 years is a long time, it's that area where one really should call it a career, get out while you still might have some good years with your health.

But there's also no doubt at all he was saddled with lousy talent being drafted, the worst owner ever before Jerruh, and alot of way past their prime players with million dollar annual contracts.

And it's on the record that Tex was trying to work Tom gently out the door, even wanted to bring in Jimmy Johnson as defensive coordinator/assistant head coach with heir apparent status way before Jerruh ever sniffed a real possibility of buying this team.

So yeah, my bad for maybe making it seem I didn't agree it was Tom's time to go, clearly it was and I think most people agree, even Tom himself. His day was clearly over.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Once again you have no fucking clue as to what speak of. We got the Saints early in the season and at their best. They were 2-1
Umm, no. They were 1-2 with losses to Atlanta and fucking CLEVELAND, and having beaten only Minnesota... WHO doesn't have a fucking clue? They went on to lose to Atlanta AGAIN, and to Cincy, the collapsing 49ers, Baltimore and Carolina. They finished fucking 7-9 which IS a shadow of their former selves.

You stand corrected. Homer blindness is such a insidious disease, really.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This really isn't in dispute and I wasn't disputing it, sorry if I made it seem so. 29 years is a long time, it's that area where one really should call it a career, get out while you still might have some good years with your health.

But there's also no doubt at all he was saddled with lousy talent being drafted, the worst owner ever before Jerruh, and alot of way past their prime players with million dollar annual contracts.

And it's on the record that Tex was trying to work Tom gently out the door, even wanted to bring in Jimmy Johnson as defensive coordinator/assistant head coach with heir apparent status way before Jerruh ever sniffed a real possibility of buying this team.

So yeah, my bad for maybe making it seem I didn't agree it was Tom's time to go, clearly it was and I think most people agree, even Tom himself. His day was clearly over.

IIRC, Bum Bright hated Landry and wanted to fire him and made the sell of the team to jerri contingent upon his firing but that could be a BS rumor I fell for.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What's sad is that Schramm and Landry get no credit at all for the three 90s Super Bowl teams although some major pieces of the puzzle were already there when Jones bought the team. Jones inherited Michael Irvin, Kelvin Martin, Kevin Gogan, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Ken Norton Jr, Jim Jeffcoat and Danny Noonan were all already on the roster. Landry and Schramm had already started contract negotiations with Troy Aikman, who was set to be picked #1 by that regime anyway. Herschel Walker was also there, perfect trade bait for the morons in Minnesota. All of this was dropped into Jones' lap then Jimmy Johnson drafted the rest of the players and initiated all the trades.

Jones didn't do shit really, other than write checks. And in fact there was a lot of the management aspects of the business end of the team Jimmy had to teach him, not the least of which was the production deal for the in house Cowboys TV shows, (saved millions) and cleaning up comp tickets and company cars - one of which a lady still had even after four years of not being employed by the Cowboys.

I have no respect at all for Jerruh and don't give him credit for jack shit.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What's sad is that Schramm and Landry get no credit at all for the three 90s Super Bowl teams although some major pieces of the puzzle were already there when Jones bought the team. Jones inherited Michael Irvin, Kelvin Martin, Kevin Gogan, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Ken Norton Jr, Jim Jeffcoat and Danny Noonan were all already on the roster.

You cited Noonan but not Bill Bates? Blasphemy.

Top Bottom