Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was sad to find out they cancelled Weeds like a year ago.

I watched the last two seasons on Netflix recently.

Great show. Mary Louise Parker is smoking hot.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I liked it until they got involved in the mexican cartel and whatnot. It went from realistic and funny to difficult to watch unless Kevin Nealon is on the screen.

Reaction score
Doogie howser. Boner's much different than on the sopranos although boner was always sneaking in windows on doggie howser too.

It would have been more appropriate for Boner to sneak in his back door.

HEYOOOOOOOOOO

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I liked it until they got involved in the mexican cartel and whatnot. It went from realistic and funny to difficult to watch unless Kevin Nealon is on the screen.

Loved Nealon on the show, perfect character. I've tried to watch his standup, just too awkward. At least the recent one I tried to watch like 2 years ago.

And good for Andy for screwing Nancy on the lawn then running away. Pay back for getting screwed for 6 or 7 seasons by her.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
81588033.png

did he ever nail that nurse? probably not. wanda was decent, too.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
81588033.png

did he ever nail that nurse? probably not. wanda was decent, too.

What was that show where there was a nurse with a raspy voice? She was a smart ass. I wanted to give it to her when I was 12.

Also, Vicky from small wonders, want to kiss her and hold her books.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I miss head of the class.

Great 80s tv show, think it was on abc after doggie or growing pains...one of those.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What was that show where there was a nurse with a raspy voice? She was a smart ass. I wanted to give it to her when I was 12.

Also, Vicky from small wonders, want to kiss her and hold her books.

Me too. I may have been in college at the time, but the heart wants what it wants.

6a00d83451b8c369e2012877605e84970c-800wi.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I miss head of the class.

Great 80s tv show, think it was on abc after doggie or growing pains...one of those.

Ah, Mrs. Mike Tyson in her prime. That fake Fonzie guy was the worst.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Of course there are. But that twang is forced and fake.

I went to boot camp with a kid. No idea he was gay. Acted/talked like everyone else.

We were stationed together again 5+ years later at another command, and he was talking like that, wore foundation (make up), used constant limp wristed hand motions, etc.

It's basically all an act.

Want to be gay? Could care less. But why let your sexuality define you to the point where you alter your entire being?

wtf?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If someone self-identifies as a woman, or an effeminate man, their speech and action are going to reflect that - because like all humans, they are going to emulate the authority figures that they most closely identify with and admire. So to suggest that it is some sort of act (while it may be in some cases, that is rare) that they should put on the back burner because you think it's over the top seems a bit ignorant. Our sexuality is probably the single largest determining factor in how we interact with the rest of the world, because evolution-wise we are projecting an image to attract a mate.

And who knows what will happen from here. There are alot of interesting theories on why the gay gene exists and the purpose it served for our ancestors. While that may be obsolete now, we still have the gene for it just as we still have a gene for having a tail.

It's not "an act" anymore than teenage boys who emulate the walk and posture of straight authority figures that they admire is an act. It becomes apparent that females prefer a certain 'type' of male and so if you want to attract a female you have to emulate that type. It's how the entire basis of sexual attraction works, and it's based on things like observations of society and pop culture. It's not an "act" it's how life works.

Similarly, if you are a gay man and want to attract a certain type of gay man, you are going to behave in a manner that you have observed is successful in that endeavor.

What. The. Fuck. Did you cut and paste this from some thesis you did in college?

You see, this is why I like SP....he knows something about everything.

You know, it's a little known fact that while it may be obsolete now, we still have a gene for having a tail.....

Cliff_Clavin_in_Cheers.jpg

Top Bottom