Reaction score
Report: Haynesworth may be inactive in Week One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 1, 2010 2:58 PM ET

La Canfora says the a member of Shanahan's staff told him Haynesworth could be deactivated in Week One against the Cowboys. No matter what you think about Haynesworth, this is good news for Dallas.

We watched Haynesworth closely last week during an up-and-down performance. He struggled on some running plays, but he also ended one Jets drive by himself with two good plays in a row.

Sitting Haynesworth in Week One won't help Shanahan's chances of winning. And that's why we don't believe it will happen.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is Shanahan hoping to accomplish? I don't care what anybody say, but I am glad we didn't go after him. Foolish shit like this.

If you as a coahc have so much confidence in your team, then you shouldn't have to resort to crap like this.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall will not be punked by tall female reporters
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 30, 2010 4:01 PM ET

DeAngelo Hall is not about to let a female reporter make him look short. That's why he asks Comcast Sportsnet Washington's Kelli Johnson take off her high heels when she interviews him.

Confronted on the topic by Johnson's colleague, Chick Hernandez, Hall copped to the truth.

"She was too tall. If I was 6 feet like [Carlos Rogers], I wouldn't have to do that, but I'm 5-11, so she definitely had to take them heels off for me," Hall said.

"He demands I do this every time," Johnson added.

Update:

Deangelo has one more request for Kelli Johnson:

Deangelo Hall: "Please amputate your clitoris, that way you don't have the same ammount of bulge as I do."

C

Cr122

Update:

Deangelo has one more request for Kelli Johnson:

Deangelo Hall: "Please amputate your clitoris, that way you don't have the same ammount of bulge as I do."

lol

C

Cr122

Updated: September 5, 2010, 8:53 AM ET
Report: More Albert Haynesworth drama

* Email
* Print
* Comments6

ESPN.com news services

The Albert Haynesworth drama with the Washington Redskins reportedly isn't over yet.

Haynesworth, the Redskins' $100 million defensive tackle who struggled to pass his conditioning test in training camp, is unlikely to start Washington's season opener against the Dallas Cowboys after a disappointing performance in the team's final preseason game, The Washington Post reported, citing unnamed sources.

NFC East blog

Mosley ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Haynesworth participated in 49 of the Redskins' 55 defensive snaps on Thursday against the Cardinals but disappointed the Washington coaching staff with his apparent lack of effort, the newspaper reported. Two sources termed Haynesworth's performance in the game as "awful."

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has lost his patience with Haynesworth, the sources told the Post and the 6-foot-6, 350-pound defensive tackle took part in only a few snaps in Saturday's practice.

He was moved back to nose tackle in the practice and removed from the nickle package, one of the sources told the newspaper. Haynesworth had been starting at right end this preseason.

On Friday, when he was asked to explain why Haynesworth played in the team's preseason finale -- 31 of his teammates didn't even suit up, Shanahan sang a familiar refrain.

"He's got to get in football shape," Shanahan said. "For the same reasons we've talked about. We got to get him some playing time so he can get back in football shape. I got to take a look at the film to tell you exactly how he played, but that's one of the reasons he's playing defensive end and nose tackle positions.

Even though he stayed away from the offseason conditioning program, skipped a mandatory minicamp, needed 10 days of training camp before passing a conditioning test and made accusatory remarks directed at Shanahan after a game two weeks ago, Haynesworth was still expected to play a key role in the Redskins' new 3-4 defense.

The Redskins declined comment when reached by The Post, but team spokesman Tony Wyllie said in an e-mail that Shanahan would answer questions on Monday.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Reaction score
According to "league sources" (and this according to John Clayton on Mike and Mike) the Redskins are gauging trade interest in Albert Haynesworth again. Front-runner is thought to be the Titans.

John Clayton says that the contract as it stands now is very tradeable since Haynesworth's big payout has already come.

sbk92

Reaction score
I know it's cool and all to laugh at the Redskins, but Albert Haynesworth is a dog. What a horrible character to have in the locker room.

I hope his career fizzles like a bad fart.

Last edited:

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How can he take all that money and then shut it down? I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror. If I was Snyder I would be fuming and his ass would be gone, trade or not.

sbk92

Reaction score
How can he take all that money and then shut it down? I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror. If I was Snyder I would be fuming and his ass would be gone, trade or not.

When not a single one of his teammates will get his back you know the guy is f'd six ways to Sunday.

Reaction score
When not a single one of his teammates will get his back you know the guy is f'd six ways to Sunday.

McNabb had his back on the radio yesterday.

Sort of.

And it didn't take his Washington drama for me to figure out the guy was a dickbag. That became clear the moment he stomped on Gurodes face.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
McNabb had his back on the radio yesterday.

Sort of.

And it didn't take his Washington drama for me to figure out the guy was a dickbag. That became clear the moment he stomped on Gurodes face.

Yeah... that was one of the most endearing aspects of Haynesworth that Redskins' fans loved. Now it's come to bite them back in the ass.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

That's all you need to know about Haynesworth.

Reaction score
Anyone notice the ES board has been out of service all day ? They must be getting ready for their annual regular season meltdown shutdown lol..

Reaction score
Cowboys Shouldn’t Sleep On Armstrong
Posted by nickeatman at 9/8/2010 2:01 PM CDT

While the name Anthony Armstrong might not be on everyone’s radar around the NFL, the Cowboys should know plenty about the Redskins third receiver, who will play a factor in Sunday’s game.

Of course, the Cowboys know too much about Santana Moss, who has been a notorious Cowboys-killer and Joey Galloway has been here and done that, among other stops as well.

But Armstrong has some indirect ties to the Cowboys as well. In the last season of the Arena League, Armstrong was one of the receivers for the now-defunct Dallas Desperados. Known for his blazing speed, Armstrong had a difficult time showing it consistently in the 50-yard field.

After the AFL went under two years ago, Armstrong went to the Dolphins for a rather short stint, but speed is speed. And when you can run like this kid can (he’s been clocked in the 4.2 range, but he’s probably a consistent low-4.3 guy), you find a home.

Not sure why the Cowboys never were interested, espeically since former Desperados head coach Will McClay is a current pro scout for the Cowboys. But don't blame it on McClay, he's pushed to sign some of the former Desperados for years, to no avail.

But Armstrong has certainly found a home now in Washington as a legitimate third receiver. He’s listed at 5-11, 185 pounds (and both numbers are probably inflated a bit), but Armstrong could be a dangerous deep-threat weapon, to go alongside Moss and Galloway. Sure both of those guys are getting up there and age, including Galloway who is 38, but if they can do anything, they can certainly run.

And while McNabb is aging himself, he’s always been able to throw it deep. Now he’s got three legitimate speed demons who can stretch the field.

Reaction score
Hall more concerned with Austin than Bryant
When the Washington Redskins kick off the season against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night, the defense will be faced with an already potent offensive attack. But the Cowboys believe they have added yet another weapon in rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant.

The Oklahoma State product has been sidelined during the preseason with a high ankle sprain, but is expected to make his debut in the season opener on Sunday.

Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he welcomes the opportunity to facing the rookie.

"I like him as a receiver," Hall said. "I like what he brings to the table as an explosive threat, and I look forward to going against him."

Hall said he hasn't really broken down any of Bryant's college film, but defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said he has since the Redskins have no preseason film to go off of.

"Yeah, I've looked it it," Haslett said. "Kinda scares you."

Hall said that regardless of how talented Bryant is, he isn't the defensive back's top concern.

"He’ll get the same type of respect any other rookie will get. He’ll come out and if he makes a couple of plays, we’ll adjust," Hall said. "But Miles Austin is their main Pro Bowl receiver, and the guy that we expect to get the bulk of the balls. Him and Jason Witten. Those are guys Tony has played with and feels confident in over the last couple of years. [Austin] is a worker, man. He’s a guy that’s never going to quit. You’re not going to outwork him. He’s going to work every single play, every single second, and that’s what makes him good."

Top Bottom