Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hear about those 4 blacks who brutally raped, tortured, and murdered a white couple in Tennessee a few years ago? No?

How much coverage did that white baby who was shot and killed by a black male in a robbery get compared to Trayvon Martin?

Let's all just pretend none of this happens and then try to cause a shit storm when something happens to a black person who ASKED FOR IT.

“There’s an element to who wants to see this through the lens of race,” Jeffrey Butts, a criminologist at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in Manhattan, told the New York Times. He added that the appearance of black knockout game players triggers “racial alarms.”

How does he see this? I'd love to know.

Last edited:

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Probably as a prank spiraling out of control?
Pretty amazing. Groups of blacks attack whites and someone needs to ponder it. A black killed by an ambiguously ethnic dude in a fight and no questions asked. Pure racism.

Reaction score
Hear about those 4 blacks who brutally raped, tortured, and murdered a white couple in Tennessee a few years ago? No?

How much coverage did that white baby who was shot and killed by a black male in a robbery get compared to Trayvon Martin?

Let's all just pretend none of this happens and then try to cause a shit storm when something happens to a black person who ASKED FOR IT.

Why don't you just start your own media outlet and cover what you want to cover. FFS.

The media covers what sells. Controversy. There is no controversy about the baby who was shot and killed. It's depressing and it fucking sucks. But I would guess the guy was arrested and will stand trial.

How is this hard to figure out?

It's a tangent to this issue. The knockout game is being covered. You asked where hate crime charges were. Here it is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why don't you just start your own media outlet and cover what you want to cover. FFS.

The media covers what sells. Controversy. There is no controversy about the baby who was shot and killed. It's depressing and it fucking sucks. But I would guess the guy was arrested and will stand trial.

It's a tangent to this issue. The knockout game is being covered. You asked where hate crime charges were. Here it is.

It has nothing to do with "what sells"...its called "political agenda"

How is that hard to figure out?

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with "what sells"...its called "political agenda"

How is that hard to figure out?
How do you explain why media outlets with all different kinds of political agendas all cover the same story?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How do you explain why media outlets with all different kinds of political agendas all cover the same story?

But they don't all cover the same stories. Some blatantly ignore some stories because it doesn't help their slant on things.

That's why in 2008 a certain fucktard in the White House was lobbed softball after softball during the primary and campaign. That's why numerous scandals of his tenure are ignored in the mainstream media. Its called "agenda"

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A baby getting deliberately shot in a robbery is much more controversial than a teen thug getting shot after he repeatedly slammed a guy's head on the concrete. I'm sorry to have to break that to you.

Reaction score
But they don't all cover the same stories. Some blatantly ignore some stories because it doesn't help their slant on things.

That's why in 2008 a certain fucktard in the White House was lobbed softball after softball during the primary and campaign. That's why numerous scandals of his tenure are ignored in the mainstream media. Its called "agenda"
You're playing semantics. Political agendas are borne from disagreement (aka controversy).

And yeah most of them cover the same stories...

Reaction score
A baby getting deliberately shot in a robbery is much more controversial than a teen thug getting shot after he repeatedly slammed a guy's head on the concrete. I'm sorry to have to break that to you.
What person would disagree that a baby shouldn't be shot in a robbery? Do you know what controversy means?

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Coverage is probably the wrong word. Coverage is not the same thing as perspective. NBC was caught doctoring tapes (Zimmerman/Martin) to make it appear an incident that obviously wasn't racial was racial. Sure they 'covered' an incident, but they did much more than that didn't they? Why? Because it's controversial? I wouldn't call wrongly forcing a perspective merely controversial.

In this instance where it's obviously racially charged they're trying to 'determine if this phenomenon' is real. That's laughable. In some area's it's 'Knockout the Jew'.

They're not simply in the business of conveying pertinent info to the public anymore, and they're way beyond merely reporting controversy that sells; they're all about influencing perspectives.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly, this isn't about controversy. It's about trying to force a different perspective down everyone's throats by creating controversy that's simply not there.

Does Zimmerman have a lawsuit pending against NBC for what they did?

Reaction score
Coverage is probably the wrong word. Coverage is not the same thing as perspective. NBC was caught doctoring tapes (Zimmerman/Martin) to make it appear an incident that obviously wasn't racial was racial. Sure they 'covered' an incident, but they did much more than that didn't they? Why? Because it's controversial? I wouldn't call wrongly forcing a perspective merely controversial.
You're trying to pick out one specific incident to disprove my general statement. Generally, controversy has a longer news cycle, and thus gets more coverage, because there are differing opinions that are strongly held. Cable Media outlets can bring on "expert" after "expert" who disagree strongly and yell at each other, and people eat it up.

In the Zimmerman case, you have people who believe strongly that Martin shouldn't have been killed, and you have people that think he got what was coming. No one's going to argue that the baby in the robbery deserved to be shot. So you may have some coverage of the incident, but there's not enough controversy there to continue to cover it week after week.

In this instance where it's obviously racially charged they're trying to 'determine if this phenomenon' is real. That's laughable. In some area's it's 'Knockout the Jew'.

They're not simply in the business of conveying pertinent info to the public anymore, and they're way beyond merely reporting controversy that sells; they're all about influencing perspectives.
I'm not talking about the reasons why they cover certain stories. I'm just saying there is generally more coverage when there's controversy, because it sells.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
You're trying to pick out one specific incident to disprove my general statement. Generally, controversy has a longer news cycle, and thus gets more coverage, because there are differing opinions that are strongly held. Cable Media outlets can bring on "expert" after "expert" who disagree strongly and yell at each other, and people eat it up.

In the Zimmerman case, you have people who believe strongly that Martin shouldn't have been killed, and you have people that think he got what was coming. No one's going to argue that the baby in the robbery deserved to be shot. So you may have some coverage of the incident, but there's not enough controversy there to continue to cover it week after week.

I'm not talking about the reasons why they cover certain stories. I'm just saying there is generally more coverage when there's controversy, because it sells.

I have to use specifics though, because the general is made up of the specifies. The Zimmerman case is a perfect example, where we saw it flow through so-called civil rights leaders and pro-black parties offering a bounty, up to our black president highlighting the racial, with his ignorant comment regarding it and Holder trampling state rights and 'investigating' a case that is not federal.

I think you're simplifying the Zimmerman case though. It didn't merely draw a line between who though a human being should have or should not have died. It was saturated with race from beginning to end. From the way it was presented early on to the edited news tapes. Sure some could straddle the line and talk reasonably, but the racial angle can't be ignored.

There are numerous recent black on white crimes with obvious racial connotations that have been white-washed - the kid burned by a bunch of blacks who while doing so yelled it out as racism. The white kid on the bus, the old vet knocked to death by black thugs, this bullshit knock out game and on and on.

It seems if a white person makes the same sort of claims of racism concerning black on white crime, he or she is delusional or forcing something through a lens subjectively.

It certainly seems the only time an assault is 'controversial' is when it's white on black and most definitely not the case vice-versa. I'm not sure who really buys it and who is having it forced on them by an untrustworthy media.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What they do is unethical. They're nothing but controversy creating whores who don't depict reality.

Reaction score
I have to use specifics though, because the general is made up of the specifies. The Zimmerman case is a perfect example, where we saw it flow through so-called civil rights leaders and pro-black parties offering a bounty, up to our black president highlighting the racial, with his ignorant comment regarding it and Holder trampling state rights and 'investigating' a case that is not federal.
But the specific doesn't disprove the general comment. There were a lot of specific facts of the Zimmerman case which led to it being a controversial case, and then the media's treatment of the story itself created controversy.

I think you're simplifying the Zimmerman case though. It didn't merely draw a line between who though a human being should have or should not have died. It was saturated with race from beginning to end. From the way it was presented early on to the edited news tapes. Sure some could straddle the line and talk reasonably, but the racial angle can't be ignored.
Of course I'm simplifying it. I already said I'm not interested in rehashing that case, and my position doesn't require that I go through all the nuance of the case to prove my point.

You're not really even disagreeing with me, you're just going deeper into my general point that controversy sells. There's a reason the media overall has political agendas and tends to spin the story through their particular view. It's because those things get their audiences to tune in.

There are numerous recent black on white crimes with obvious racial connotations that have been white-washed - the kid burned by a bunch of blacks who while doing so yelled it out as racism. The white kid on the bus, the old vet knocked to death by black thugs, this bullshit knock out game and on and on.

It seems if a white person makes the same sort of claims of racism concerning black on white crime, he or she is delusional or forcing something through a lens subjectively.
OK, what's your point?

It certainly seems the only time an assault is 'controversial' is when it's white on black and most definitely not the case vice-versa. I'm not sure who really buys it and who is having it forced on them by an untrustworthy media.
You guys all seem to be looking at these other cases through your Zimmerman lenses. There probably isn't going to be another case on that level for some time. It was a once in a one or two decade event. It's ridiculous to expect every case of inter-racial crime to be covered like that.

As another example, the OJ case was a once in a generation news-story that dominated the news cycle for months. It was black on white crime. Lots of controversy, and lots of coverage.

The fact that these big controversial cases garner more coverage than the crimes that occur everyday, whether presented with racial undertones or not, isn't remarkable.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
My point is that it's not controversy being sold. At all. It's skewed reporting and underhanded actions to make a thing appear to be something that it's not.

What was controversial about the Zimmerman case? Two idiots in No-where Florida fight and one ends up dead. Who gives a crap? Who needs to know it? It wasn't controversial; black dudes are shooting black dudes like it's going out of style in much bigger cities in the country with illegal hand guns and somehow that case was controversial? It wasn't. We're not rehashing that nonsense, we're talking the ill-treatment given it by the press and the feigned ignorance of more salient incidents of racism.

Since then, it's been black on white violence incidents and it's crossing multiple states, which does make it a Federal case, via news and investigation and somehow it's a phenomenon that needs to be pondered? And anyone recognizing it for what it is is somehow odd or a theorist of some sort?

Does a banner have to be carried with 'kill whitey/ on it for anyone acknowledge the ugly racial aspect of these crimes ? It's very remarkable. And more people should remark on what it is.

Reaction score
Dude if you don't know why the Zimmerman case was controversial, then I can't help you.

And there ARE people acknowledging the racial aspect of the crimes that are the topic of this thread.

Top Bottom