Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On special edition last night Jerry said they felt really good about the secondary and really tried to upgrade there to compete within the division..

Then in an almost humble manner he said we think we signed talent that can compete in this division on the interior where last year we couldn't. Went on to say that they know they signed the size they needed to compete and threw in even against the redskins....lol........

But again he actually sounded humbled and un jerry like in saying that he knows we have the size and is ready to see if we have the talent....talked about loving the competition At wr and at the interior of the line.....

Made mention to a big young player on the line he is excited to see....leary I presume and also said they are excited to see how Parnell handles the preseason...

Anyway,I don't post the special edition vids so just passing it along.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also I am listening to Bryan broaddus on the fan right now and he is insisting again that he thinks Felix jones could be cut and for sure won't be back next year...

Says had we drafted Cyrus gray jones would be getting cut.

Also just said no way the cowboys themselves will suspend Bryant.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So how big of a bust is Felix Jones?

Shame that they aren't going to do anything to reign in Bryant's behavior.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If it's true about Felix and I hesitate to believe everything broaddus says.....I mean he said Garret wouldn't get hired and that romo wouldn't be back after the 10 season......so...

Anyway, if Felix really is just playing out the year here he had better be the kick returner.

Reaction score
Why the hell wouldn't they seek to actively trade him then? He must have some value.

Dallas needs to quit letting all these players just walk for free if they're not in the plans anymore.

Reaction score
I can't imagine why we'd cut Felix. That would be a strange move for sure.

Also, how much of a size upgrade are our guards over last year. I thought Derrick Dockery and Montrae Holland were fatasses.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
If it's true about Felix and I hesitate to believe everything broaddus says.....I mean he said Garret wouldn't get hired and that romo wouldn't be back after the 10 season......so...

Anyway, if Felix really is just playing out the year here he had better be the kick returner.

Odd that he is saying this stuff now that he works for the team.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Odd that he is saying this stuff now that he works for the team.

Yep and he keeps mentioning Dunbar as the guy who could take Felix spot.

Seems completely crazy to me personally.

Archer and McMahon are on the score tonight for a cowboys camp preview.....should be interesting to see if they echo that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also I am listening to Bryan broaddus on the fan right now and he is insisting again that he thinks Felix jones could be cut and for sure won't be back next year...

Broaddus is being retarded here. Why would they cut Jones? He doesnt cost alot and when he is on the field, he's a good player. he's also an outstanding receiver/3rd down back who can return kickoffs.

Dude throws some stupid shit out there sometimes.

Reaction score
Broaddus is also on saying on Twitter he thinks we go light (in numbers) on the Oline, and carry more Dlineman. He thinks one of the vet Dlineman stays, and says he and Todd Archer think it'll be Coleman over Spears.

Also was complimentary of Dwayne Harris. Lighter, quicker in and out of routes, etc.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Archer last night said some interesting things about DEz...I will put the video up in a minute.

Basically said he is not a good enough player to endure the trouble and that he is not the 88 many think he is....

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uh yeah, why would we cut Felix? It's not like he even makes a ton of money. If BB wanted to not sound completely insane, he could've at least said trade.

And so if we'd drafted Cyrus Gray he coulda taken Felix's place... Ok. But newsflash, we didn't draft him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Archer last night said some interesting things about DEz...I will put the video up in a minute.

Basically said he is not a good enough player to endure the trouble and that he is not the 88 many think he is....

Archer is a bonehead too

Reaction score
‏@BryanBroaddus
@DCUforums I said when you are looking at your roster + you have young players that you dont want to lose, do you keep a guy for just 1 yr?

Reaction score
‏@DCUforums
@BryanBroaddus Murray isn't durable enough to count on. You want Scott, Dunbar or Tanner as RB1 should Murray get knicked again? Risky.

@BryanBroaddus
@DCUforums How healthy has Jones been throughout his career? You started a rookie at tackle last year, what is risk?

‏@DCUforums
@BryanBroaddus Risk? Something u try to minimize. UDFA RB's who show promise are a dime a dozen. See Lonyae Miller. Rashard Lee. etc etc etc

Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus
@DCUforums I think you need to understand that your feelings for Felix Jones are probably stronger than what the front office feels.

@BryanBroaddus
@DCUforums Risk is also a first round running back that was replaced by a third round running back as well...

‏‏@DCUforums
@BryanBroaddus Not particularly partial to FJ. But I do think he's talented & versatile & cheap. Replacing him with UDFA would be foolish.

@DCUforums
@BryanBroaddus Replacing FJ w/ 3rd rd RB who fell because of durability concerns is different than replacing him with UDFA who noone wanted

Top Bottom