sbk92

Reaction score
Whatever man. TRUTH be told... I do not know of any team other than maybe the Patriots and Eagles where the HC has final say and even then that is up for debate. The TRUTH is... that as Garrett says it will be a collective decision, which is typical/standard within the entire league. Will Garrett have input and influence? Definitely and he should.

It should be a collective decision.

Decided by the GM.

So if you take it that way, it's the norm.

But where it becomes outside the norm is when your GM is the owner and has no qualifications to GM a team.

It is not normal for an NFL owner to decide draft picks. Until that changes, the Cowboys will always be fighting an uphill battle.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I know you're a moron.

A waste of space. Not worth the read.

A quality forum flushes you within a day.

t2958010-15-thumb-obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
News: The Cowboys have a scouting department and a coaching staff that has input on who is drafted.

Retards: CLASSIC JERRY UNDERCUTTING HIS COACH/STAFF WE HAVEN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE ABE LINCOLN OMG WE WON'T BE ANYTHING TIL HE DIES OR SELLS THE TEAM WHY WON'T HE JUST APPOINT A GM I AM RAGING SO HARD.

lol

sbk92

Reaction score
And I'd even question how good Ciskowski is.

He's the best voice in the room, but is he really that good? There's no way to tell, since you have no idea how influential he is with the picks made.

Reaction score
And to make matters worse, who is his right hand man in personnel?

His fat waste of space son, who also is a complete fake.

I'd say your organization has serious problems when your top two personnel men have no background at all in evaluating players.

Jerry has owned the team for two decades.

His son has worked in the organization the entire time.

To think that neither Jerry nor Stephen have not gained any experience or background in evaluating players during this period of time is a blind, moronic statement.

Ah. The fresh air of truth.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The owner shouldn't be a scout either. Let alone the head scout.

And that's what's different about this team. That's why we don't win. That's why we've been the Cincinnati Bengals for over a decade.

Agreed.

And it's wearing mighty thin.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jerry has owned the team for two decades.

His son has worked in the organization the entire time.

To think that neither Jerry nor Stephen have not gained any experience or background in evaluating players during this period of time is a blind, moronic statement.

Ah. The fresh air of truth.

Well I'm so glad 2 decades of disappointments hasn't been wasted. WHEW! what a load off.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You know Jerry means business this time of year. You can tell by the baseball cap he wears.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
BTW Jerry even said that he relies on the coaches and scouts' opinions before coming to a consensus decision. So it's not like Jerry is actually scouting and watching film on prospects or anything anyways. He wears so many hats that I doubt he can devote as much time needed to formulate a good opinion on players.

And you have to think that the scouts and coaches are the ones really trying to convince him to draft certain players.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I'd even question how good Ciskowski is.

He's the best voice in the room, but is he really that good? There's no way to tell, since you have no idea how influential he is with the picks made.

I think we should just assume he has absolutely no input, and that we'd be really good if Skeletor Jones would just get out of the way, stop meddling, appoint a GM (like Jeff Ireland) and let Ciskowski do his goddam job!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
News: The Cowboys have a scouting department and a coaching staff that has input on who is drafted.

Blind Kool-Aid Drinking Homers: We can not issue an opinion at this time because neither Jerry or Hostile has assigned us one yet.

Reaction score
BTW Jerry even said that he relies on the coaches and players before coming to a shared consensus. So it's not like Jerry is actually scouting and watching film on prospects or anything anyways.

Exactly.

People are acting like Jerry is locked in a room, reviewing film, and making decisions all on his own, regardless of what people say.

It's ridiculous, and tiresome.

sbk92

Reaction score
BTW Jerry even said that he relies on the coaches and players before coming to a shared consensus. So it's not like Jerry is actually scouting and watching film on prospects or anything anyways.

He shouldn't be included at all in the process. Zero input. Not only due to his no background in personnel but the fact that he's proven since he's pretended to be a GM of how awful he is at it.

He's mentioned many times that he routinely watches film. He doesn't know what he's looking at, but he watches it. You'll see him at the combine with a stopwatch around his neck. It's a sickness.

He envisions himself a real football guy. That's what this whole thing is about.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Blind Kool-Aid Drinking Homers: We can not issue an opinion at this time because neither Jerry or Hostile has assigned us one yet.

I like how you ripped me off. Next time cite your sources or I will sue the pants off of you for internet plagiarism.

Top Bottom