Reaction score
No disrespect Haley, all I'll say is we could debate the order of the best #3-5 QB in Cowboys history (White, Romo, or Meredith) and never come to an agreement. They all have the stink of not winning the big one on them, fair or not.

They were all good QBs just not great. The Cowboys have been fortunate as far as QBs are concerned. Some can't go any deeper than one or two.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They were all good QBs just not great. The Cowboys have been fortunate as far as QBs are concerned. Some can't go any deeper than one or two.

Meredith was one tough sumbitch and also had a nasty mean streak. And a cannon arm. Hard-headed too, and with Tom being every bit the hardhead, they just couldn't continue to coexist.

Reaction score
Meredith was one tough sumbitch and also had a nasty mean streak. And a cannon arm. Hard-headed too, and with Tom being every bit the hardhead, they just couldn't continue to coexist.

He was the only one of the five I never saw play but I loved him from MNF. He was such a character.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

IIRC the last game of Merediths career was that stinker in the playoffs vs Cleveland, they lost like 40-14. Wasnt the game he played with a collapsed lung?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He was the only one of the five I never saw play but I loved him from MNF. He was such a character.

Get the book "Monday Night Mayhem" it's the true inside story of MNF in its infancy, hellatious stories about Meredith in there you won't read or hear about anywhere else.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He never appeared to have that burning hatred of losing Aikman and Staubach had, and also every other truly great, elite QB had. He was just a yuk-yuk boy who made good and never progressed past that. Still hasn't.

Staubach still has that mentality. You can actually see the hatred and dislike in his face whenever someone mentions him in the same sentence with losing.

gp_cowpolk

Spectator
Reaction score

Dandy Don was Great if he were 23 years old right now and I was in charge he would be our starter period

Reaction score
No disrespect Haley, all I'll say is we could debate the order of the best #3-5 QB in Cowboys history (White, Romo, or Meredith) and never come to an agreement. They all have the stink of not winning the big one on them, fair or not.

That's for sure. Morton could fit in there somewhere too he did take the Cowboys to a SB.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it mattered to him more as he got older but when he was young he just didn't get it. He used to drive me crazy. I couldn't believe he went to Cabo. Couldn't stand Jessica. He became a celebrity QB. You never know how many chances you're going to get to win a SB and he blew it. Plus he had the habit to throw interceptions at the worst time in big games. It got so bad I was expecting it. But some think Tony's a God. Some Think he's better than Roger and Troy. I appreciate his talent and that he's a good guy but c'mon.

Yep, 100% agree.

I don't think he even belongs in the same conversation as Troy & Roger

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Reaction score
He should. The Cowboys have proven that they can win or lose without him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would only be interested in Dez coming back if he was moved to #2

Which ain’t gonna happen so “see ya, ya whiny little bitch, have fun in Cleveland or wherever you end up”

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
247Sports
Interesting

So James Washington from OSU has met with and wants to be a Cowboy. He says he would be a compliment to Dez and could “hep him out”. lol

Top Bottom