gp_cowpolk

Spectator
Reaction score
No, he's had ONE good year worthy of being the #1 receiver and the massive money he's being paid, and that was 2014, his contract year. Hasn't done shit since then. Did you read the thread? Surely you can dispute with some facts to counter the facts and figures already posted?

He'll be the #2 highest paid receiver in the NFL next year. C'mon now.... And his numbers are "good" for the #2 man on your receiving corps, not the top guy.

We cut this fuck and save 25 million dollars over the next two years.

Who is going to replace him? When used right he scores touchdowns out the ass

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When used right he scores touchdowns out the ass
Comparative stats were posted earlier. He's not a TD machine like you think. Not even close. Read up!
Who is going to replace him?
You fucking DRAFT a guy. And with the savings from cutting Dez you also sign a good FA.
When used right
One-trick pony. Jump ball shit. Really worked in that Green Bay playoff game on that 4th and 2 didn't it.

Used right? How about the 12 drops? And how about the stat also posted earlier, showing most of Dak's picks were on balls thrown to Dez?

C'mon.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the truth hurts so be it should I be fucking skeert?

"Truth" is philosophy, it doesn't mean fact. Stats are facts. Dollar figures are facts. Feelings aren't facts.

So, see if you can find one factual reason for keeping Dez if he won't take a pay cut.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who is going to replace him? When used right he scores touchdowns out the ass
You don’t actually believe that shit do you?

He had 16 TD’s in his contract year 2014 (his career high)

He has had 17 TD’s total since then (the last three years combined)

That’s was worth $70 mil right?

Are you willing to have the team pay $25 mil over the next 2 years for 11 TD’s? For his shitty attitude, temper tantrums on the sidelines, and his gimme the damn ball bull shit just to have him fumble it when he finally does catch it like what happened this season?

Are you willing to continue shelling out the second highest salary (for a WR) in 2018 to the wide receiver who led the league in drops last season?

When was the last time Dez made a game changing play? I’ll make it easy for you, it was the dropped pass (non catch) in the playoffs vs Green Bay

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dez hasn’t been elite for 3 years now. Anyone that can’t see that is straight up retarded.

Does anyone know what’s going on with Jarvis Landry in Miami? I had him in my fantasy team so the only thing I know is that he put up good consistent number with a meh QB. Why are the Dolphins trying to dump him? Any chance of a trade (as long as he’s not a knucklehead).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok you folks convinced me cut Dez let him walk

I'm for seeing what a team player he is in that will he let us restructure his deal to free up more cap space. We draft a elite WR which is cheap pay on a rookie deal and let Dez show off his wares for one year for a new contract with us or another team.

As it stands right now, nobody's going to take him and his fat contract in a trade, and if we cut him nobody's gonna sign him for elite money.

Now, if he won't take that pay cut on a restructure, then fucking cut his ass and keep the whole 25 million.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if he hadn't so grossly underperformed.

Is the NFL not a "meritocracy" as Romo said? Dez doesn't merit the moolah. It's business.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Romo made Dez. Like he made Laurent Robinson,Patrick Crayton,and Miles Austin. Rome got all four paid.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m not even willing to keep Dez on a one year prove it restructure type contract

He’s had 3 years to “prove it” and he hasn’t

If he was to stay it should only be as a #2 and on a restructured contract for a #2 WR. His days as a #1 are over

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo made Dez. Like he made Laurent Robinson,Patrick Crayton,and Miles Austin. Rome got all four paid.

Or did they "make" him?

Never discount our idiot front office's ability to overpay, Romo himself included. JERRY made all of them.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We had a true franchise qb like Romo for a decade and could never win more than a wild card game with him. Our future with out him is not bright. There may be a few reguler seasons like 2016 every now and then. But never a post season run.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Or did they "make" him?

Never discount our idiot front office's ability to overpay, Romo himself included. JERRY made all of them.

All of those wr's were never worth a shit before or after Tony Romo. It's clear who made who.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We had a true franchise qb like Romo for a decade and could never win more than a wild card game with him. Our future with out him is not bright. There may be a few reguler seasons like 2016 every now and then. But never a post season run.

And there never was one with him. What you're describing is exactly what we've had.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All of those wr's were never worth a shit before or after Tony Romo. It's clear who made who.

Austin did pretty well in Cleveland, his chronic hammy suddenly healed. Dez was in college before Romo, and Robinson never was worth a shit even with choker Tony.

Jerry "made" them, by way overpaying them.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Austin did pretty well in Cleveland, his chronic hammy suddenly healed. Dez was in college before Romo, and Robinson never was worth a shit even with choker Tony.

Jerry "made" them, by way overpaying them.

Austin did well in Clevleland? News to me. Yes, Dez was good at OK State but never in the NFL without Romo. Robinson had one or two very good years with Tony. He was undrafted free agent. Romo made Crayton productive for a few years,

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You really hate Romo don't you Doomsday? With all the dysfunction with this organization the last 23 years I don't know how anybody could blame Romo.

Top Bottom