Reaction score
You really hate Romo don't you Doomsday? With all the dysfunction with this organization the last 23 years I don't know how anybody could blame Romo.

If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life.

TONY ROMO, USA Today, Jul. 27, 2007

This was his answer for shitting the bed. I knew right then that Romo would never win anything of note. He has the ability, but not the mentality.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You really hate Romo don't you Doomsday? With all the dysfunction with this organization the last 23 years I don't know how anybody could blame Romo.
Because Romo was an intrinsic part of that dysfunction. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. He was the only player in the post Aikman/Smith/Irvin era that had the ear of Jerry. And he chose to waste the best years of his career by endorsing Garrett. He fucked himself, and in doing so fucked us all.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wish dez was worth his contract, but he isnt.

in a "what have you done for me lately" league, ,, he's falling further and further behind the curve of talent like antonio brown, josh gordon, deandre hopkins, mike evans, aj green, edelman, landry, garcon, baldwin, golden tate, theilen, diggs, ....

you gotta put up numbers,.. a lot of these other guys could do it with less talented qb's than prescott, or while overcoming injuries, or getting played over aggressively by defenders and no PI calls ...((you know the type of shit cowboy fans make excuses for but happens across the league))

the sad thing is ,, is that dez would have pretty solid numbers if he would just catch what's thrown to him. antonio brown is force-fed the ball and makes plays. in part because haley can coach circles around linehan, but also because brown is better than bryant

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo made Dez. Like he made Laurent Robinson,Patrick Crayton,and Miles Austin. Rome got all four paid.

This I don't agree with. Dez was a real talent. Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton were average guys that Romo certainly helped make, but Dez made Romo look good a lot too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because Romo was an intrinsic part of that dysfunction. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. He was the only player in the post Aikman/Smith/Irvin era that had the ear of Jerry. And he chose to waste the best years of his career by endorsing Garrett. He fucked himself, and in doing so fucked us all.

This is the freaking 100% truth, and a position I have taken for years. Romo is absolutely culpable because IMO at the end of the day, he was just happy being one of the guys, playing a game for a living and getting paid bookoos of money to do so. Garrett never makes anyone work exceedingly hard and Garrett let Romo do whatever he wanted in regards to the offensive play calling.

Romo was never about "winning is all that matters" (like an Aikman) because if he was, he certainly would have went to Jones after those 2011/2012 seasons and said "I'm not renegotiating or extending any contract until you get us a real coach". he didn't, he stood silent because he liked things just the way they were.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Nobody hates him. He was a good player, an undrafted guy who made himself into a solid NFL player.

But he wasn't a winner. He played bad in a number of big games. Bad plays always had a way of being blamed on someone else. People rightfully criticized Garrett for playcalling, but gave Romo a complete pass even though he audibled out of run plays at a tremendous rate (enough that even our OWN teams' defensive players complained about it)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

You have to call it "hate" because it's actually something you can't possibly understand - objectivity. Replies in the thread pretty much lay out the case on choker Tony. No need for me to reiterate.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks to the usual susupects for setting some of the newbies straight on certain topics around here. I saw the posts but just didnt have the energy. Maybe we should pin the thread to save time as new members show up and need educating.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure didn't sound like Dez is 100% here for 2018

And that might be a good thing.

Reaction score
Sure didn't sound like Dez is 100% here for 2018

And that might be a good thing.

That overpaid fuck head needs to be 100% out of here and take Garrett with him. Those two need to go for the club to move forward. Put Bryants money into a new Martin contract.

Reaction score
Nobody hates him. He was a good player, an undrafted guy who made himself into a solid NFL player.

But he wasn't a winner. He played bad in a number of big games. Bad plays always had a way of being blamed on someone else. People rightfully criticized Garrett for playcalling, but gave Romo a complete pass even though he audibled out of run plays at a tremendous rate (enough that even our OWN teams' defensive players complained about it)

Romo was good and sometimes very good. He was never elite and never had a winners disposition. Never won when it counted and I never thought that bothered him too much either.

Reaction score
You have to call it "hate" because it's actually something you can't possibly understand - objectivity. Replies in the thread pretty much lay out the case on choker Tony. No need for me to reiterate.

The Cowboys need/needed to dump Romo-Bryant-Garrett to move forward toward a SB. No need to push the truth regarding the GM. That goes without saying.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Never won when it counted and I never thought that bothered him too much either.
He never appeared to have that burning hatred of losing Aikman and Staubach had, and also every other truly great, elite QB had. He was just a yuk-yuk boy who made good and never progressed past that. Still hasn't.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never thought that bothered him too much either.

I think this is absolutely accurate, hell he even said as much after we got smoked by Philly to end the 2008 season, a game where he and the defense played equally horrible and he said "well if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me I'm good"

Losses didn't bother him one iota.

Reaction score
He never appeared to have that burning hatred of losing Aikman and Staubach had, and also every other truly great, elite QB had. He was just a yuk-yuk boy who made good and never progressed past that. Still hasn't.

Too me, Danny White was a vastly better QB and he got run out of Dallas...after competing in 3 straight Conference Championship Games. I could never understand the love affair with the choking Romo. Baffling.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Too me, Danny White was a vastly better QB and he got run out of Dallas...after competing in 3 straight Conference Championship Games. I could never understand the love affair with the choking Romo. Baffling.

I destroyed that "run out of Dallas" myth in another thread.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Too me, Danny White was a vastly better QB and he got run out of Dallas
No disrespect Haley, all I'll say is we could debate the order of the best #3-5 QB in Cowboys history (White, Romo, or Meredith) and never come to an agreement. They all have the stink of not winning the big one on them, fair or not.

Reaction score
I think this is absolutely accurate, hell he even said as much after we got smoked by Philly to end the 2008 season, a game where he and the defense played equally horrible and he said "well if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me I'm good"

Losses didn't bother him one iota.

I think it mattered to him more as he got older but when he was young he just didn't get it. He used to drive me crazy. I couldn't believe he went to Cabo. Couldn't stand Jessica. He became a celebrity QB. You never know how many chances you're going to get to win a SB and he blew it. Plus he had the habit to throw interceptions at the worst time in big games. It got so bad I was expecting it. But some think Tony's a God. Some Think he's better than Roger and Troy. I appreciate his talent and that he's a good guy but c'mon.

Top Bottom