Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's funny to watch. Let's see: Dez himself, his coaches, most casual fans, Dak, and opposing players all say he needs work running precise routes. Possibly they're all wrong!

I don't remember anyone saying Dez CAN'T run routes. Pretty easy to disprove a claim no one's made.

What are you playing, semantics? One of the criticism of Dez is that he can't run more than a few routes. In any event, I found the video interesting.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Team passing records ain't shit? Whatever. That's just a stupid comment to make. It means you've got a quality QB....a franchise QB.
If you're breaking records from a team that has a history of lots of passing, it means a lot more than breaking a Dallas Cowboys passing record. No one's disputed that Romo was our franchise QB, and his pay was commensurate with that. But breaking team passing records in Dallas isn't anything to brag about. In the future, it will be though.
We got what we expected out of a QB.
Except for that most important ingredient - hating to lose with every fiber of his being. Romo never really seemed to mind losing.
I notice you go with the sarcasm post when you get stupid and have nothing.
That's actually a in-kind response to the Romopologists who like to place blame anywhere and everywhere except on their hero. Whole world gets 100 percent of the blame, Lord Tony gets none.
It's why I said for Zeke to take a dump off to the house.
That's actually never happened. The ONE time Zeke took a pass to the house was against Pissburgh, on a planned screen play.
Whose passer rating? Dak's? Please man......just stop.
He's #8 all-time. Not my fault.
One of the criticism of Dez is that he can't run more than a few routes.
The actual facts pointed out aren't criticisms, they're just facts. He has one or two tricks that worked well, one or two things he used to do really well. The video mis-states the case - nobody's ever said he can't run routes. Most people say he doesn't run very many routes, well. Dez himself admits his shortcomings and that's good. A few years too late for him i suspect, but good on him anyway for finally waking up.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're breaking records from a team that has a history of lots of passing, it means a lot more than breaking a Dallas Cowboys passing record. No one's disputed that Romo was our franchise QB, and his pay was commensurate with that. But breaking team passing records in Dallas isn't anything to brag about. In the future, it will be though.

So I'm sure you didn't think much of Marino or Elway (pre-Terrell Davis). It took a new coach with a new philosophy to get Elway multiple rings. Funny how that happens.

That's actually a in-kind response to the Romopologists who like to place blame anywhere and everywhere except on their hero. Whole world gets 100 percent of the blame, Lord Tony gets none.

Romo gets plenty of blame and I never said the guy was flawless. But I certainly think he was a good enough QB who had the tools to lead his team if he just had a decent defense. He was consistently ranked among his peers (statistically) during his era and even ranked #1 among his peers in statistical categories you want from a QB like TD's, passing yards, QB rating, QB rating in the 4th quarter, 4th quarter comebacks, etc.

That's actually never happened. The ONE time Zeke took a pass to the house was against Pissburgh, on a planned screen play.

The question was you can't have a 95 passer rating if you're a dink and dunk passer and you most certainly can. The problem is that your team will lose more often than not (see Weeden, Brandon).

He's #8 all-time. Not my fault.

I'm trying to help you here....don't post stupid shit. When you have to exaggerate and use hyperbole to prove a point, you don't do your argument any justice.

The actual facts pointed out aren't criticisms, they're just facts. He has one or two tricks that worked well, one or two things he used to do really well. The video mis-states the case - nobody's ever said he can't run routes. Most people say he doesn't run very many routes, well. Dez himself admits his shortcomings and that's good. A few years too late for him i suspect, but good on him anyway for finally waking up.

The flip side of that coin is that he was a monster prior to his injury plagued 2015 season and has been invisible for 16 and 17 with a new QB. It could very well be that the guy has lost it or lost a step. But the fact that we have a new QB who has been hesitant to pull the trigger and throw receivers open or go downfield can also be a factor and should not be completely discounted.

Reaction score
Larry Allen wouldn't be human in today's game.

I think what a lot of people are noticing is the amount of quality players in the NFL as opposed to what it used to be, not necessarily bigger, faster, stronger, just a lot more of them. This will coincide with money. The more you're getting paid, the more competition for the job.

And yet the game, and the athleticism is the worst this generation that I've seen in my entire life, and I've been watching since the late 1970s.

More money does not equal better athletes. It has, many times, been shown to be the opposite.

The current generation of players, for the most part, are noticeably inferior to previous generations. They aren't faster, stronger, bigger, tougher, or more intelligent. We passed the point of diminishing returns in athletics in the 1980s to 1990s. You will never see another Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, or Jerry Rice. Nobody in today's sports even comes close to that level, and no, LeBron Dumbshit is not even close to a Jordan as some fanbois like to claim.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But I certainly think he was a good enough QB who had the tools to lead his team if he just had a decent defense.
He did have, in some years. Not top ten, but decent, in the rank #13-15 ranges. 2014 arguably his best supporting cast overall.
The question was you can't have a 95 passer rating if you're a dink and dunk passer and you most certainly can.
The King of Dink and Dunk, Joe Montana, doesn't have. He only has rings.
The flip side of that coin is that he was a monster prior to his injury plagued 2015 season
A "monster" at a couple of things he did well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So I'm sure you didn't think much of Marino or Elway (pre-Terrell Davis).
They were feared by defenses, and were tough SoBs. But yeah the records they set, it wasn't like their predecessors were pass-happy monsters, those records were low-hanging fruit. Just like Dallas's were.
I'm trying to help you here....don't post stupid shit. When you have to exaggerate and use hyperbole to prove a point, you don't do your argument any justice.
It's not any type of exaggeration. His career QB rating is over 95. It would rank #8 all-time if he qualified. It's just facts.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The King of Dink and Dunk, Joe Montana, doesn't have. He only has rings.

Oh my......please stop. You're killing me man. I'm almost tempted to delete this part of your post to protect you before more people read it. In any event, even if this was true, Montana played in a system that preferred those short passes to running the ball. Dak plays in an opposite system. If Dak played in a West Coast system, I could entertain the thought and excuse some of your lunacy.

A "monster" at a couple of things he did well.

Well enough to have some of the best numbers in the NFL over that span. And it's funny how no one could stop him then even though, according to you, they only had to degefend "a couple of things" he did well. And this is by no means a defense of Dez. I think he's mentally challenged for sure but it doesn't help when the QB doesn't fit the system or Dez's game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're killing me man.
That's the idea!
Montana played in a system that preferred those short passes to running the ball.
Dink and Dunk, by definition.
And it's funny how no one could stop him
On games where he didn't just, disappear? Which happened a lot.
it doesn't help when the QB doesn't fit the system or Dez's game.
Right, a quarterback needs to catch the ball for Dez, not just put it in his hands.

There's NO defending Dez dude, even though you're not trying to.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Translation on all this:

Dez and Beasley both gone. One or two new WR's coming via draft.

And the team will be better off for it in 2018 and beyond.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If this was said (and it's Fisher reporting it, so I have doubts) how is anything wrong with it? It's accurate and something people who get paid to analyze the game have been saying publicly for 2-3 years now.

Fisher says the guy "should be fired immediately". Fucking idiot.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1) slant
2) back shoulder fade (usually in end zone)
3) ?

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not exactly a Dez defender, but everyone struggled last year, why would we expect Dez to be different? It looked like the Cowboys weren't ready to start most games, then either caught up or faded. I think the coaching staff wet the bed. I'm hoping we don't see a repeat of the 2010 season. Why do I have a feeling if Dez and Beasley went to the Patriots we'd see them looking a lot better.

What was with all the empty backfield sets? Did they have maybe one good result from them all year? Dak had maybe a second to throw the ball.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not exactly a Dez defender, but everyone struggled last year, why would we expect Dez to be different?
Dez really hasn't done shit since he got the big money contract, but at least he wasn't a dropper. Until last year when he led the league in drops. Underperformance is a long-term thing with him, it's not just last year.

What was with all the empty backfield sets?
That's been a habit of this offense for years. It's a Garrett thing. He thinks it "spreads defenses out."

Reaction score
Dez really hasn't done shit since he got the big money contract, but at least he wasn't a dropper. Until last year when he led the league in drops. Underperformance is a long-term thing with him, it's not just last year.

That's been a habit of this offense for years. It's a Garrett thing. He thinks it "spreads defenses out."

I keep hoping beyond hope that one of these days when the Cowboys go empty back field on the goal line that they use it as a fake, and shift to a run. Just once... please.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I keep hoping beyond hope that one of these days when the Cowboys go empty back field on the goal line that they use it as a fake, and shift to a run. Just once... please.
They actually did that last season, with Dak on a keeper. Touchdown.

Top Bottom