Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm sure DCC and Cowboys-Forum make money as well. There's nothing wrong with that. As site owner, you're providing a service that others obviously enjoy. If they feel compelled to donate, so be it.

They're not making money strictly off of donations. It's their advertisements.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
They're not making money strictly off of donations. It's their advertisements.

I highly doubt the advertising brings in a quarter of what the donations do. I wonder why people don't check into how much it costs to pay for a site before they rush over to their paypal accounts.

I was surprised to find out how cheap it is. I paid between $200 and $300 for the software. The hosting costs less than $10 a month and that is WAY mire than we need. We use right around 2% of what we pay for.

Let's say for shits and giggles CZ or CF costs $100 per month to host and $300 to renew(both amounts are on the high side) every year. The members more than pay for both of those sites to exist. Someone would have to show me what ads pay, cause even for as much traffic as both those places have, I don't see how the ads would rake in money. Maybe they do. Maybe the ads pay for the site and the members create a lot of profit.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I highly doubt the advertising brings in a quarter of what the donations do. I wonder why people don't check into how much it costs to pay for a site before they rush over to their paypal accounts.

I was surprised to find out how cheap it is. I paid between $200 and $300 for the software. The hosting costs less than $10 a month and that is WAY mire than we need. We use right around 2% of what we pay for.

Let's say for shits and giggles CZ or CF costs $100 per month to host and $300 to renew(both amounts are on the high side) every year. The members more than pay for both of those sites to exist. Someone would have to show me what ads pay, cause even for as much traffic as both those places have, I don't see how the ads would rake in money. Maybe they do. Maybe the ads pay for the site and the members create a lot of profit.

I think they did some numbers and CZ is worth like a boatload. I think like 10,000 dollars or something. That's pretty good for an Internet site.

Reaction score
With cowboyjoe and CrazyCowboy as regular contributors, you really can't place a value on CZ. Priceless.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I knew you were ghey

lol you're like 2, different people. Over at the zone, you're all contrite and about following the rules and shit, and over here, you're a wild man.

PS only PHAGS keep the moderator tag underneath their username.

Top Bottom