superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
based on the 2 games he has been a starter in the nfl. coming off an achilles injury. one of the single hardest injuries to come back from considering the position.

doesnt make sense to me if it happened now or the end of the season

I'm Barry Church's biggest fan you're not getting an unbiased analysis from me.

I think we are stealing him for the next four years. Our front office nailed it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
coming off an achilles injury. one of the single hardest injuries to come back from considering the position.

OMG SOMEONE NEEDS TO SWAT JERRY RIGHT SIDE OF HIS HEAD

But .. but .. it's a team-friendly contact. So that makes it okay!
1060v1ejpg.gif

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This just proves Jerry is senile. He saw Church and thought he had to tithe.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Go read this same thread at the Zone.

It's either you love the deal or you are a whiner.

Here, there were all of us stating it may not have been the best idea and whiney ass superpunk clinging on Jerry's nuts. Just kidding.

Thankfully, this place exists. The Zone is f'ing ridiculous. Conform or get out!

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This deal is meaningless. Who cares. It's not even thread worthy.

We need PASS RUSHERS...and pass rush STOPPERS

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm Barry Church's biggest fan you're not getting an unbiased analysis from me.

I think we are stealing him for the next four years. Our front office nailed it.

Exactly. i seriously think people are just starting to complain just to fit in. I see nothing bad about this signing. Without knowing the details of the contract. the way Dallas structures their deals guys are making minimum salaries at the beginging of the deal unless its a huge deal. The way church has progressed every yr its not out of the question to think he wont be even better next yr. This isnt the 1990's guys who put in work are recovering from achilles injuries faster. And from where Church started to where he is now its obvious the guy puts in his work.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I like the deal.

It's cheap as fuck.

And I don't think it means Dallas won't go after a FS if there's one there.

They can cut Sensabaugh and pay very little as he only has 2M in bonus money after this year. Or they can cut Barry if they want. Or they can keep them both of them if they score a stud in the draft.

It's a cheap ass deal, I'm not upset with it.

Reaction score
The timing of it feels weird and out of place. Of all the things the Cowboys need to be worried about, signing Church to a long term deal was on their mind. I like the player, he was really coming around before the injury.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I like the deal.

It's cheap as fuck.

And I don't think it means Dallas won't go after a FS if there's one there.

They can cut Sensabaugh and pay very little as he only has 2M in bonus money after this year. Or they can cut Barry if they want. Or they can keep them both of them if they score a stud in the draft.

It's a cheap ass deal, I'm not upset with it.

I could see Church starting over sensabaugh in 2013 and Dallas drafting a FS

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
jesus.

you guys complain about everything. We are terrible at finding safeties and it appears we found one.....so they extend him and lower numbers for the next year or so...

in the next year we have to pay or replace spencer, pay lee, pay or replace jones and figure out how to pay romo.

I imagine there will be some tight windows in which to fit all this in the salary cap.

a little over 2 million a year and you guys are bitching. Isnt this what pittsburgh, new england and philly did for years and everyone wanted us to be like, find a good young player and sign them on the cheap long term?

now its something to bitch about? between him, sensebaugh, johnson and hopefully a draft pick maybe we will actually have good depth at safety for a few years in the future.

Jerry_Jones_For_Life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On a serious note, it is a good signing. We didn't overpay for Church.

As much as I hate to give Jerry any credit, he deserves a little here.

Now, the only thing in question is how will Church play after coming off a serious injury like this?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I like Church and always have. Nice find for an undrafted free agent. My only gripes are that one, there was no rush to do this. And two, it's not like he was great anyway. He was just okay. In theory anyway, a 5th or 6th round pick could easily beat him out. Hell, if Matt McWhiterson could ever make it to Wednesday without blowing a hammy, he might well be better than Church. And then we've paid a guy when we didn't need to at all.

So no, it's not like it's some cap-wrecking deal, it just seems unnecessary.

Plus I'll add that this was likely on the advice of Ryan, who is so overly optimistic about players I don't know how much you can trust him. He's the main reason Scandrick got his deal, because Rob was in love with him based on one training camp with him.

Top Bottom