junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Those of you blaming Jerry 100% - You seriously think this team wouldn't play any better with a Payton or other top coach?

Sure. Payton made Loomis look competent. But it is like peplaw said, the culture is a huge part of the problem. Even a good coach will battle the circus atmosphere and lack of accountability Jerry creates

Reaction score
Parcells didn't make a difference as a coach. Did the roster improve in some areas? Most definitely.

But as a coach we were still a bumbling, idiot, underachieving team.

Garrett sucks, but there isn't a coach in the league that can win here.

Because of Jerry.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells didn't make a difference as a coach. Did the roster improve in some areas? Most definitely.

But as a coach we were still a bumbling, idiot, underachieving team.

Garrett sucks, but there isn't a coach in the league that can win here.

Because of Jerry

That's correct.

He did win 3 Superbowls though.

with Jimmy's players

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Except Payton (who I think would command more control) no coach is going to make a damn bit of difference. Until we can get the drool cups out of the stands, nothing will change substantially enough to win consistently.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
When the General Manager aka the chief talent evaluator of your team is also in charge of marketing the players you are going to be in trouble. He constantly makes excuses for bad performances to 1) justify himself as the GM and 2) keep jersey sales up.

We. Are. Screwed.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Except Payton (who I think would command more control) no coach is going to make a damn bit of difference. Until we can get the drool cups out of the stands, nothing will change substantially enough to win consistently.

I thought the stadium was about 1/3 empty. That's some great progress.

Reaction score
1) Jerry isn't going anywhere so it's just a waste of energy to complain about him.

2) Jimmy and Parcells were successful here with him as GM, so it can be done if the head coach is competent enough to know what kind of system and players he wants.

Guys like Norv and Ginger just don't have what it takes to coach a team. Why wouldn't every team hire coaches from Ivy League schools if graduating from Princeton gives you some sort of edge? Also, why wouldn't the Ivy League itself have the best teams in college football if this helped in some way?

Yesterday's game was a battle between two really incompetent coaches to see who could make the least amount of mistakes. If ginger stays, we'll be right back here in 12 months having the same convo.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1) Jerry isn't going anywhere so it's just a waste of energy to complain about him.

2) Jimmy and Parcells were successful here with him as GM, so it can be done if the head coach is competent enough to know what kind of system and players he wants.

Guys like Norv and Ginger just don't have what it takes to coach a team. Why wouldn't every team hire coaches from Ivy League schools if graduating from Princeton gives you some sort of edge? Also, why wouldn't the Ivy League itself have the best teams in college football if this helped in some way?

Yesterday's game was a battle between two really incompetent coaches to see who could make the least amount of mistakes. If ginger stays, we'll be right back here in 12 months having the same convo.

I don't consider Parcells being successful here. He assembled some talent and brought us out of the NFL's basement, but we didn't win anything.

Reaction score
I thought the stadium was about 1/3 empty. That's some great progress.

Could it be that the Browns fans just don't travel as well as most other NFL teams?

I mean, it seems like a quarter to a third of the people who attend Cowboys home games are actually fans of the opposition. Maybe the Browns fans were missing.

(Plus, I gotta believe that even the empty seats were paid for.)

Reaction score
Parcells was just as successful as jimmy here, and they both left for the same reason.

No, I'm not guessing.

Reaction score
Could it be that the Browns fans just don't travel as well as most other NFL teams?

I mean, it seems like a quarter to a third of the people who attend Cowboys home games are actually fans of the opposition. Maybe the Browns fans were missing.

Are we assuming that Browns fans even exist then? Cuz that's a pretty bold statement.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

It does seem like we do get a lot of fans from other teams and I'm sure all the empty seats were paid for. It still has to be embarassing to Jerry.

That was definitely the most boring game I've watched in a long, long time as far as the crowd getting into it. It was like a tennis match.

Reaction score

It's a waste of energy to complain about Garrett too. Jerry is just going to bring in another coach who can't change the culture here because they don't have the authority to make personnel decisions.

You can't credit Jimmy with being successful with "Jerry as GM." It's clear Jerry wasn't this Jerry back then.

I think Jerry gave up *a little* control when Parcells was here, but he still forced TO on Bill. If he can't give full control to Bill Parcells, who else is he going to give it to?

It's actually a waste of energy to be talking about all of this on the internet too... but that's what we do.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's a waste of energy to complain about Garrett too. Jerry is just going to bring in another coach who can't change the culture here because they don't have the authority to make personnel decisions.

You can't credit Jimmy with being successful with "Jerry as GM." It's clear Jerry wasn't this Jerry back then.

I think Jerry gave up *a little* control when Parcells was here, but he still forced TO on Bill. If he can't give full control to Bill Parcells, who else is he going to give it to?

It's actually a waste of energy to be talking about all of this on the internet too... but that's what we do.

That TO signing was one of the most ridiculous things Jerry has ever done.

Let's see:

1) Parcells did not want him

2) TO's track record

3) The star incident in San Francisco and then the others when he was in Philly

Top Bottom