Reaction score
The "sell out" stuff is never accurate. I'm sure a "sell out" at that stadium is thousands under the actual capacity. And then there's the factor that fans won't show up even if they've already purchased tickets. It will be empty and embarrassing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't care as long as the tickets sell.

Although maybe a half full stadium may prompt Jerry to something about it to put the asses back in the seats.

Probably something along the lines of finally getting his wish and signing Johnny football. With his off field issues it seems he really would have made the perfect Cowboy all along. At least that's how Jerry would look at it. He would fit in perfectly with the rest of the team LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't care as long as the tickets sell.

Although maybe a half full stadium may prompt Jerry to something about it to put the asses back in the seats.

While its true he makes money based on the seats being "sold" it still doesnt make up for the embarrassment of tons of no shows. Its also a future predictor of season ticket holder renewals.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And then there's the factor that fans won't show up even if they've already purchased tickets. It will be empty and embarrassing.

"selling out" has nothing to do with how many people actually show up...there will be a shit ton of no shows

Just curious why you guys think this. The tickets are bought and paid for, as are the seat licenses. Why would a guy stay home if he already bought the tickets?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope fans keep the seats empty. At the very least, it'll hit Jerry on concession sales and Cowboys attire sold at the stadium.

Reaction score
Just curious why you guys think this. The tickets are bought and paid for, as are the seat licenses. Why would a guy stay home if he already bought the tickets?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope fans keep the seats empty. At the very least, it'll hit Jerry on concession sales and Cowboys attire sold at the stadium.
Lots of the people who buy season tickets don't care about going to games. They look at it as an investment on ticket resale.

Go to the third party ticket sites and look at all the seats available. If they don't all sell, the original ticket holder probably won't have made plans to go to the game, and they'll just bail. They save on the concessions, parking, headaches... plus they've probably already made enough money over the rest of the season to look at it as playing with house money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You can watch games every yr at the end of seasons, there are always tons of no shows for the teams out of contention. It'll just be magnified even more though in Dallas.

And the Jets game is a night time national broadcast I believe. At best the stadium will be filled with Jets fans. My bet is there will be 50k people there tops.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, we'll probably see tons of opposing fans like we did in 2013 and even the first few games of 2014. Remember how many Texans fans were at the game last year before we got on a roll?

The real empty games will probably be the noon games. Those are usually relative snoozers anyway, but it'll be worse with Cassel.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only other home game is vs Washington to end season. Will be absolutely nobody at that one.

Reaction score
You can watch games every yr at the end of seasons, there are always tons of no shows for the teams out of contention. It'll just be magnified even more though in Dallas.

Yup. Particularly in that giant stadium. 50k fans at Texas Stadium might have looked decent but that's half this new stadium's capacity

aka the stadium will be half empty

And the fans who show up will be just there to heckle, which is why it's clear that nobody at CZ actually goes to the games. Once you drop a few hundred to thousands on tickets, your outlook on the 10-year "process" and stacking good days into moral victories will change quite a bit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Never mind, we should just keep Garrett. I just read at CZ that Belichick is the only NFL HC better than he is.

We should be happy with what we have. STAY THE COURSE!!!!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
p1_nutt_ap.jpg

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I would go with a defensive minded head coach. Ray Horton? Vic Fangio?

Others: Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzinski

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would go with a defensive minded head coach. Ray Horton? Vic Fangio?

Others: Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzinski
Former Cowboy Dennis Thurman's been a DC for awhile now. He's DC at Buffalo right now, was with Baltimore for several years and was the Jets DC for a coupla years.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hue Jackson would be great in his 2nd term as a HC...

I'm in on giving Dennis Thurman a shot as well

Chudzinski is a master at the double tight end offense

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dennis Thurman is interesting.

Not interested at all in Jackson or Chud though.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of the people who buy season tickets don't care about going to games. They look at it as an investment on ticket resale.

Go to the third party ticket sites and look at all the seats available. If they don't all sell, the original ticket holder probably won't have made plans to go to the game, and they'll just bail. They save on the concessions, parking, headaches... plus they've probably already made enough money over the rest of the season to look at it as playing with house money.

Makes sense and I'd love to see Jerry eat shit for him shitting on the fans with this abortion. One can only hope.

Top Bottom