Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So let's just assume for shits and giggles that the rest of the season goes to shit, Garret gets fired, and now Jerruh needs to replace him!

So who's out there? Who do we want that may be available at the end of the season?

What do you guys think about a defensive coach like the Panthers DC Sean McDermott. He is apparently in the discussion as getting his first HC job next season?

Or what about an offensive minded HC like Mike Shula who is currently the HC for the Panthers? He was a past HC in college for Alabama

Who would you all want to replace Garret?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hell no to either of those guys.

I'm sure he would say no, but I think the first person they should call should be David Shaw at Stanford.

Obviously if Sean Payton becomes available, you have to consider him. Still not sure he is the hard nosed type coach I think should be implemented, he also has never shown much penchant for sticking to the run game, which was a major complaint of the red headed idiot before these last two seasons.

I wouldnt be surprised of Mike Shanahan got some consideration.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
wouldn't matter, in no time at all, everyone would want that coach run out of town

The stink of jerri ruins any chance of success for any coach

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it would happen. I just want to hear who you all would want as our new HC and the reason behind the decision

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
sorry, Im so beaten down by jerri and this fucking organization, I cant get optimistic about anything anymore

I suppose it would be interesting to watch jerri turn Sean Payton into a shitty coach

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Motherfucker ought to be shot for starting a thread with that title.

Reaction score
Just someone qualified to be a coach. Someone who knows what he's doing.

I honestly think a Sean Payton or Jon Gruden could come right in and get us to a SB, year one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think with Mike Fisher saying "no major changes are likely" the chances are good we are gonna get our wish and Red Headed Idiot finally gets whacked.

Reaction score
I think with Mike Fisher saying "no major changes are likely" the chances are good we are gonna get our wish and Red Headed Idiot finally gets whacked.

I think that was a Fisher speculation tweet. I really doubt anyone in the front office is talking about this. But if someone did, hopefully it was just the dreaded vote of confidence.

Reaction score
I do think/hope that if the NFCE teams keep losing, and the division winner ends up 7-9 or 8-8, then I don't think the BS injury excuse will absolve the clapper. That 0-7 run is unforgiveable, IMO. Heads should roll.

Reaction score
It will start to catch fire now that the team is out of contention. Two tough road games coming up. They'll lose both, and then come back home to an empty stadium and lose to the Jets. Everyone will be calling for his head at that point. Especially if New Orleans falls out of contention and rumors of Payton leaving start to heat up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Motherfucker ought to be shot for starting a thread with that title.
I know, clickbait sumbitch had me jumping for joy! Glad one of the Mod crew here edited the thread title. LOL

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sources time...

My guy says Steven really likes Jon Gruden and coordinated the meeting with Jon and Jerry two off-seasons ago.

I would have to think it comes down to Gruden and Sean Payton. Money would be up there for both but their amount of "authority" would probably be the deciding factor.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sources time...

My guy says Steven really likes Jon Gruden and coordinated the meeting with Jon and Jerry two off-seasons ago.

I would have to think it comes down to Gruden and Sean Payton. Money would be up there for both but their amount of "authority" would probably be the deciding factor.

man, Im not a fan of Gruden at all, then again I don't have a clue but I think he'd fail here big time, probably anywhere else as well

did your "source" say anything about how they're feeling this year after the way things have gone and with Garrett just having received a new contract?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have no idea how a HC contract is normally structured. But I can't imagine there is any sort of clause in it where he would still get paid if he gets fired for cause. It's not a player contract with injury pay factored in.

So Garret's big contract should actually be hurting him now that he has proven and will likely continue to prove that he can't win a single game without Romo

Getting rid of Garret for an OC/DC that we would promote to HC would save Jerruh some money because he wouldn't command as high a price tag as an established HC

so if his contract does factor into the decision it would likely be to Garret's detriment

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly don't see us winning a single game from here on out unless some team gives it to us. And even at that I see us screwing up the freebie anyway

I just don't see anyway Garret keeps his job at the end of the season (assuming we lose out the rest of the season)

We have only faced two teams that have winning records right now. So we can't even beat teams that are worse than .500

I can't see Jerry keeping Garret unless he starts winning games. Which we all know he can't do. This season cancels out his fluke of a season last year so he is barely above .500 as of this week. He currently sits at .530 as a HC. By the end of the season he will be below .500!!!!

How can anyone justify keeping a HC with an overall loosing record when his entire coaching career has proven that he is not a winning coach?!?!?

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys should be able to get whatever coach they wanted if it wasn't for the Jerry factor. That being said, with all of the high profile college jobs open this year, this is a bad year to need a coach.

Since Garrett is in year one of his five-year extension, and Jerry hates admitting he fucked up, Garrett will get another year even if we lose out.

The only thing that could change that is a very public quitting by the players OR if Payton let it be known that he wants the job (his family/house is in Dallas).

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
God, this thread reminds me of how frustrating it was a few years ago that one night when those "Gruden in Dallas at dinner with Jerry" rumors turned out to be false. He's not perfect but I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's got the balls to stand up to Jerry but I think the charisma and personality to get him to back off when needed.

Other than that, Sean Payton is about the only guy I can think of.

But none of it matters anyway. Frank Pollack will pay for the sins of Garrett and Jerry will pump out the Kool Aid all spring and summer.

Top Bottom