cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
God, this thread reminds me of how frustrating it was a few years ago that one night when those "Gruden in Dallas at dinner with Jerry" rumors turned out to be false.

Kind of. Jerry flew to Orlando to meet with Gruden.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But none of it matters anyway. Frank Pollack will pay for the sins of Garrett and Jerry will pump out the Kool Aid all spring and summer.

Yeah, I'm curious to see who all gets scapegoated this off-season. I see some blame being thrown at Matt Cassel already. Pollack is definitely in trouble. I can also see Jerome Henderson and possibly Will McClay getting thrown under the bus this year as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, hey Ginger Garrett - next time (if ever) you have a 12 win or better season in the NFL, don't piss on it by immediately telling the players to forget it, like you did at the end of the GB playoff loss last year. I remember you were quoted as saying, in the post game locker room, "Guys, forget 2014. Next year will be a totally different year." Or some such.

Next time make it, "Guys we've had a year we can springboard off of and do even better next year." Or some such.

Because you sure as hell planted a huge negative seed that bore huge negative fruit, this year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Does anyone else get pissed off watching other teams play because it just reminds you how shitty the people that run this team are at their job?

I'm watching Denver with their back-up QB (who they drafted 3-1/2 years ago) come in and play well and is on the door step of beating the Pats

it makes me so damn mad how frigging incompetent jerri and his lackeys are and thats just exacerbated by the fact its never gonna change.

it looks like all of jerris offspring is merely gonna take over where he left off but now theres gonna be half a dozen little jerris making shitty decisions without any valid experience to back them up.

I feel like this is what its gonna look like after jerri kicks the bucket:

Big Wolf Spider Squashed then Babies Crawl Out - ORIGINAL - YouTube

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
So let's just assume for shits and giggles that the rest of the season goes to shit, Garret gets fired, and now Jerruh needs to replace him!

So who's out there? Who do we want that may be available at the end of the season?

What do you guys think about a defensive coach like the Panthers DC Sean McDermott. He is apparently in the discussion as getting his first HC job next season?

Or what about an offensive minded HC like Mike Shula who is currently the HC for the Panthers? He was a past HC in college for Alabama

Who would you all want to replace Garret?

Since we're dreaming we might as well dream big... Nick Saban.

But lets be real. Garrett isn't getting fired and even if he does Jerry will only bring in another puppet. We have no shot at a real coach. Only a desperate one willing to put up with Jerry's shit. So it doesn't matter if Garrett gets fired or not. Makes no difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Does anyone else get pissed off watching other teams play because it just reminds you how shitty the people that run this team are at their job?

I'm watching Denver with their back-up QB (who they drafted 3-1/2 years ago) come in and play well and is on the door step of beating the Pats

it makes me so damn mad how frigging incompetent jerri and his lackeys are and thats just exacerbated by the fact its never gonna change.

it looks like all of jerris offspring is merely gonna take over where he left off but now theres gonna be half a dozen little jerris making shitty decisions without any valid experience to back them up.

I feel like this is what its gonna look like after jerri kicks the bucket:
And then too, seeing all the scores scroll by during the Sunday night game - teams who beat us, getting beat. Makes you understand how truly mediocre we are and have been.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But lets be real. Garrett isn't getting fired and even if he does Jerry will only bring in another puppet. We have no shot at a real coach. Only a desperate one willing to put up with Jerry's shit. So it doesn't matter if Garrett gets fired or not. Makes no difference.
Yup

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't mind that as much as I do watching other coaches finding ways to win with their back ups when we haven't been able to steal a single win with ours

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that was a Fisher speculation tweet. I really doubt anyone in the front office is talking about this. But if someone did, hopefully it was just the dreaded vote of confidence.

If he has "inside info" good chance its wrong.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since we're dreaming we might as well dream big... Nick Saban.

If Garrett gets fired, you have to believe that Stephen is the factor behind it and gave Jerry the push. In that case, Stephen then would have more influence as to what sort of HC would come here, and it likely would not be in the mold of a Jerry puppet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jon Gruden tho? Norv Turner part 2.

Jon Gruden won a super bowl though, and the team he left the prior yr got to the super bowl the following year.

That said, I don't think Gruden is coming back to coach. He's had a ton of opportunities since he was dumped in Tampa and has turned them all down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But speaking of, Norv is probably who we'd get.

Jerry couldn't possibly sell the fan base on Norv after this debacle.

There's a really, really good chance that God awful stadium is going to be half full at best for those last two home games, maybe even less than that. It's gonna send a message that even if senile Jerruh cant comprehend, Stevie and McClay can and hopefully talk wacko daddy into making the change we badly need.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well that's just not going to happen. Jerry will sell out every home game regardless of the product he puts on the field!

We currently have the record of consecutive sell outs in the NFL. The sell out streak sits at 190 right now so that's 11 years of selling out every single game including the post season and all away games at other teams stadiums even when the home team can't sell out their own stadium

So you can count on that stadium being full no matter how bad our team gets

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well that's just not going to happen. Jerry will sell out every home game regardless of the product he puts on the field!

We currently have the record of consecutive sell outs in the NFL. The sell out streak sits at 190 right now so that's 11 years of selling out every single game including the post season and all away games at other teams stadiums even when the home team can't sell out their own stadium

So you can count on that stadium being full no matter how bad our team gets

"selling out" has nothing to do with how many people actually show up...there will be a shit ton of no shows

Top Bottom