MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Doug Martin set to be a free agent.

The last I read is that Tampa is willing to let him walk too because they have so many needs on defense. He'd be a perfect fit and a perfect complement to McFadden but I think his price tag will be too high.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I read somewhere that he was willing to give Denver a discount to stay there. I understand with the Super Bowl win, but that still stings because he wasn't willing to do that to say here. In fact, with all the praise that some like to give Jerry and Stephen with the salary cap, it seems that outside of Doug Free, we rarely get people to take a paycut to stay.

I don't blame Ware for refusing to take a pay cut with the Cowboys. How the hell you go and franchise Anthony Spencer, and thereby pay him top dollar, and he's never played to that ability before nor after, and then ask Ware to take a pay cut?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just went through two QBs who couldn't win here, but then won elsewhere in the same season. The problem is this offense is SO tailored to Romo that when you bring in another guy they feel they have to water it way, way down. And dismal performance is the result.

Moore's not any answer. Most anyone would be better.

Are you sure that's the problem? I know they say that the offense is more "Romo friendly", But I always took that as a euphemism for: Hey Romo! We know Garrett's offense is crap, so you do whatever the fuck you need to do to make it work.

Have you noticed that the Packers', Patriots', Broncos', Colts', Saints' Panthers' offense do not use the terminology of their offenses being Rodgers friendly, Brady friendly, Manning friendly, Luck friendly, Brees friendly, and Newton friendly, respectively?

They had to make Garrett's offense Romo friendly, because it's the enemy of common sense and sound football.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah. It's not that they made it "too Romo friendly." It's that Tony makes chicken salad out of Garrett's chicken shit.

Reaction score
Last off season Lamar Miller was often mentioned in the Dallas media as a potential replacement for DeMarco Murray. The speculated trade never happened, of course. So yeah, maybe the Cowboys will sign him this year. And maybe he's part of the answer.

To me, though, the Cowboys are one running back away from having the most dominant rushing game in the NFL. For an otherwise marginal team like the Cowboys, having the most dominant rushing game in the NFL would be an enormous boost. Miller isn't that back.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Last off season Lamar Miller was often mentioned in the Dallas media as a potential replacement for DeMarco Murray. The speculated trade never happened, of course. So yeah, maybe the Cowboys will sign him this year. And maybe he's part of the answer.

To me, though, the Cowboys are one running back away from having the most dominant rushing game in the NFL. For an otherwise marginal team like the Cowboys, having the most dominant rushing game in the NFL would be an enormous boost. Miller isn't that back.

I don't mind Miller, but if I am spending cash in free agency, I am getting defenders, not a back.

Plug the holes in the defense with experienced free agents, then attack the offense in the draft with young and fast players.

It's not that hard to figure out, people.

We have only a few years of Romo left. By the time rookie defensive players are good enough to start consistently and play well, he's gone.

Look at last year. Big impact defenders, right? Jones and Gregory. By the end of the year both were still in various stages of development. Neither were "impact".

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Look at last year. Big impact defenders, right? Jones and Gregory. By the end of the year both were still in various stages of development. Neither were "impact".

Yeah,and if JJ is truly reactionary to what Denver did,he'll note less than half the Broncos defensive starters were drafted by them.
Same is true on their offense by the way.
Nothing wrong with drafting guys and developing them,but more than ever before in the NFL the future is now.
Especially true for Romo and the Cowboys.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't mind Miller, but if I am spending cash in free agency, I am getting defenders, not a back.

Plug the holes in the defense with experienced free agents, then attack the offense in the draft with young and fast players.

It's not that hard to figure out, people.

We have only a few years of Romo left. By the time rookie defensive players are good enough to start consistently and play well, he's gone.

I agree with that philosophy however the problem is that this year there are not a not of impact players on defense available in free agency. Norman is probably the biggest name available but he's going ringer seriously paid and I'm always leery about giving big free agent money to a CB. Especially with no consistent pass rush.

I would be ok with going and getting Mario Williams and Vernon from Miami and then drafting the best 1-tech that's available in the 2nd round. They also need to find a MLB though. Who's available at MLB that would fit this defense?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lamar Miller to the Cowboys getting a lot of buzz lately.

Obviously could be fans or Miller's agents creating it but it seems like there's a lot out there on this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lamar Miller to the Cowboys getting a lot of buzz lately.

Obviously could be fans or Miller's agents creating it but it seems like there's a lot out there on this.

sign him, a backup QB and two solid to good starters on defense and I'd be liking our free agency period

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree, sign Miller. Realistically what good back QB could the Cowboys sign? Fitzpatrick would be my choice but he'll likely get another shot at being a starter somewhere. McCoy? Gabbert?

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I agree, sign Miller. Realistically what good back QB could the Cowboys sign? Fitzpatrick would be my choice but he'll likely get another shot at being a starter somewhere. McCoy? Gabbert?

and Moore is cheap. Would we really get all that much more from McCoy considering how much more he would cost?

If it had come down to winning one game to make the playoffs then a better QB like McCoy instead of Moore might be worth whatever you paid. But just how likely is that? And in the end clearly one game made no difference.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
and Moore is cheap. Would we really get all that much more from McCoy considering how much more he would cost?

If it had come down to winning one game to make the playoffs then a better QB like McCoy instead of Moore might be worth whatever you paid. But just how likely is that? And in the end clearly one game made no difference.

I just have zero faith in Moore. I see Moore and to his ceiling is about what Garrett's was as a QB. He may win a game here or there if he was thrown to the wolves but ultimately he's a 3rd string QB. With his size and subpar arm strength it would only be a matter of a couple games for team to figure him out and take advantage of him.

Top Bottom