Reaction score
I went into Game Heaven the other week, which is a Gamestop spinoff kind of but they focus on a lot of older games/systems.

So I make one comment about the 2600 after seeing one on sale, and the guy won't shut the fuck up about how great it is and how fun all the "retro games" were "in their beautiful simplicity."

Real artsy hipster fuck that wouldn't shut up.

So I stabbed him in the throat with an envelop opener that I carry around with me for such occassions.

I think he died.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Man, lots of great games being mentioned in here.

I played a few Atari games when I was like 5 because my older cousins had it. They even handed me down that handheld football game that someone posted in here.

But my gaming truly started with the NES. The old man got me one in late 86 and I'll never forget him walking in with it and shocking the hell out of me.

Some of my favorites were Metroid, Castlevania, Megaman, Contra, Mike Tyson PO, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, RBI Baseball, Baseball Stars, Double Dribble, Ice Hockey, Blades of Steel, Tecmo Bowl......the list just goes on and on with that system.

Then the Genesis and Snes came out and those systems provided a ton of great games too. Playing co-op with a pal into the summer late night on Streets of Rage was great. And I couldn't tell you how many hours of sleep I lost playing Mario Kart and Madden.

Gaming is my favorite hobby aside from my sports related interests and I'm guessing I'll be playing games until I'm an old bastid on the verge of death.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Streets of rage, madden 93, grand theft auto, triple play/MVP baseball was the best baseball game out back in the day

Indeed.

The Show is a great baseball game and head and shoulders above everything else out there, but most of the ideas for gameplay came from MVP Baseball.

MVP baseball 2004&2005 are the last sports games that EA did well.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oh we're bringing sega into this bitch?

Joe Montana's football 94

best football game to this day.

No way.

Madden 94, Madden 2000, and Madden 2001 were all better than that game.

Hell, Gameday 98 and NFL 2K5 were too.

The best sega football game was College Football's National Championship in 94.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Blades of steel, double dribble, tecmo bowl, first and ten.

Wow.....1st and 10. Now that's old school.

I remember playing the shit out of that game at Safeway of all places. They had 3 arcade games there: 1st and 10, Double Dragon, and Outrun.

I'd sit there and play while my mom went grocery shopping.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
While every kid in the neighborhood was rockin Super Mario Bros and Mike Tyson's Punch Out, my genius parents got us an original Sega.

So screw you guys.. Sonic the Hedgehog, Rocky, and Altered Beast are the best games ever!

A friend of mine had the Sega Master System and I envied him because it was the only system that had Rocky and as a kid, I thought Stallone was the greatest. :lol

However, after finally playing it, I realized I was much better off with the NES.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Best arcade games

Nba jam
Blitz
That xmen game where like six of you could play. I call colossus.
The Simpsons

List of best arcade games and you don't have Street Fighter or MK on your list?

No WWF Wrestlefest?

FAIL.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Commodores micro league wrestling was awesome.

It looked like real guys and u would pick a move and the computer would determine who's move would work.

I loved that game, they sold disks of extra wrestlers. I bought one with king Harley race and some others who I forget.

The coolest part was the intros and music. They carried the king down the aisle to the ring.

Bought it at paper cutter who at the time were the only ones left selling commodore games, toys r us stopped because all of us had Cracker Jack, icepick and disector to copy games.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPXjDtBIS0

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
[video=youtube;RdVAUCpVv4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVAUCpVv4o[/video]

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Super Sprint!

That was cool as was the mud truck spinoff called "Offroad".

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's crazy how much harder games were in the 8-bit and 16-bit eras compared to now.

Go back and play Metroid now and you'll still have a tough go of it.

Anyone ever play the SNES version of Contra? The difficulty was brutal.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember these badboys?

Tiger-1.jpg

il_fullxfull301730102.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our household had the Intellivision, lots of cool games for this. Pitfall was probably the best.

intellivision.jpg

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The bomb........I remember playing this for hours on end as a kid.

View attachment 920
I think one of those is still at my parents' house.

There was actually a similar one made by Radioshack that was pretty good, too.

And it's not Galaxia... It was Galaxians. As in they were the bad guys. Kind of the weak, pathetic older brother of Galaga.

Oh, and I was gonna ask about that Intellivision. When I was a kid it was a big deal when one of my friends got that one for Christmas. I remember playing some baseball game on it. Didn't know it had Pitfall, I thought that was just Atari.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and I was gonna ask about that Intellivision. When I was a kid it was a big deal when one of my friends got that one for Christmas. I remember playing some baseball game on it. Didn't know it had Pitfall, I thought that was just Atari.

Baseball and football were both a lot of fun on it. Pitfall was originally an Atari thing, but they got it on Intellivision and the graphics on it were a lot better than the Atari version. Golf was really fun on it too.

Top Bottom