Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No kidding.

Instead, we kept blowing those stupid cartridges in hopes that they would work. :lol

THat, and it's hard to explain, but I'd try this trick:

Slide game almost all the way in, until where if you pressed the game down, it would kinda hit the edge of the front on the nintendo.

When it hit that edge, I'd force it down, almost to get the game as tight as I could to the front where the game slides in.

That used to work great for me.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
THat, and it's hard to explain, but I'd try this trick:

Slide game almost all the way in, until where if you pressed the game down, it would kinda hit the edge of the front on the nintendo.

When it hit that edge, I'd force it down, almost to get the game as tight as I could to the front where the game slides in.

That used to work great for me.

:lol

I know exactly what trick that was because I did it too.

There was another where we would blow into the cartridge while holding it under your shirt....like using the shirt as a filter.

The other was to wiggle the cartridge back and forth while in the NES by that little indention in the top corner.

Funny thing is that these methods worked better than actually using the NES cleaning kit which was practically worthless.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Best character in MK1 and since is Scorpion.

And, if you argue this point I will fuck you up.

GET OVER HERE!

Scorpion was my favorite in MK2, but in MK1, I was beastly with Johnny Cage.

Reaction score
What was the 2-player arcade football game where you pulled back a separate joystick that controlled where and how hard you threw the ball? It was big in the late 80's and we got one on the Saratoga when I was on there in 1990 and took it to the gulf with us... much money dropped in that bad boy.

First and 10 in the mid-80's was the shit.

And if you couldn't run for at least 4,500 yards a season with Emmitt in Joe Montana's '94 football then you were still on Momma's teat.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we were to ever hang out and play Scorpion would make you pay for this insolence.

There is zero chance of you ever beating me at a fighting game. :B&B:

But if we ever do cross paths, I'll gladly play you for a 12 pack.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Asteroids, Pac-Man, Defender, Gauntlet, Punch Out, Ghouls and Ghosts.

i think it was atari but my dad used to let me play some game where you were a tank. it was a 3d world and there were alot of pyramid shaped buildings everywhere and you shot other tanks.

also mechwarrior 2

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i think it was atari but my dad used to let me play some game where you were a tank. it was a 3d world and there were alot of pyramid shaped buildings everywhere and you shot other tanks.

also mechwarrior 2

Combat? that is what it sounds like for the atari 2600

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
sshot215.png

battlezone

Top Bottom