Iamtdg

Reaction score
Great thread!

Played most of the old atari games on here like Pitfall... Good times. Plus 63echo had a good shout out for Zork. Whoa, hadn't thought about that in forever. Though it's not that much of a video game. Hey 63, you play the original Wolfenstein on the Apple II? That was pretty badass.

Loved Streets of Rage playing two at once on the bad guys.

Favorite all time game was Robotron. It was so hard no one played it that much (cuz you lost your quarters so fast) but this one arcade had a deal on Saturday mornings where you paid five bucks or whatever and got to play all you wanted for two hours. So it didn't matter how fast you died. My buddy and I got pretty good at it. Best game ever.

Loved Pitfall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Game nerds, answer me this:

one time I was playing Mario brothers on level 7. I accidentally jumped on a turtle that coming down the stairs, but when I did, Mario just kept stomping his ass for like 10 minutes, every time he stomped him I got an extra life. Instead of a # of lives, I had like a crown symbol next to my extra lives.

Why did that happen? Ever see it before?

If you'd quit ignoring me I'd tell you.

But since you wont, :effyou

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still have my Atari 2600 and all the paddles and games in the original box, commodore 64c, 1541 disk drive and oki data printer in their original boxes. Same with the Nintendo.

I got the Commodore 64 the Xmas of 86 and my parents never allowed me to have the Nintendo. Everyone else was playing RBI, punch out, Mario and I was still plugging away with karate champ, maniac mansion, zac McCracken and hardball....although operation Wolfe was awesome.

When I was 12 I got a paper route and in the fall of 89 I bought myself a Nintendo...at this point everyone was playing the genesis and madden and I was playing tecmo bowl.

Oh well I still have it. I took it out tonight and the screen must flashes after playing for a few minutes so I am going to take it apart and clean it tommorow. My 7 year old son was loving Zelda 2 the adventures of link until it shut off over and over.

Need to find a copy of contra, punch out, RBI and double dragon for him to play.

I still love baseball stars.

Reaction score
Nintendo is the fucking man. Although I just played some super metroid and was 5 hours into it at the final boss ready to show my nephew the best ending ever and it erased my file.

That's alright I'm gonna play through it again I heard if you beat it in 2 hours she gets naked.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bomb........I remember playing this for hours on end as a kid.

blog-29Mar09-Mattel_Electronics_Football-1.jpg

mattel-football.jpg

Reaction score
If we're bringing old stand up Arcade games into the mix, then Gauntlett was the shit. Four people playing at once it was great.

They made a Nintendo version but it wasn't near as good.

Reaction score
Theebs if you're doing what I'm doing and forcing your favorite games onto kids because theyre way Better you can emulate them on a computer. I think they even sell adapters so you can use a game controller

Reaction score
If we're bringing old stand up Arcade games into the mix, then Gauntlett was the shit. Four people playing at once it was great.

They made a Nintendo version but it wasn't near as good.

Sick music though. And when you died it sounded like a gay guy getting sex.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Best arcade games

Nba jam
Blitz
That xmen game where like six of you could play. I call colossus.
The Simpsons

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Best arcade game is Galaxia and it's not even close. GTFO if you disagree.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I still have my Atari 2600 and all the paddles and games in the original box, commodore 64c, 1541 disk drive and oki data printer in their original boxes. Same with the Nintendo.

I got the Commodore 64 the Xmas of 86 and my parents never allowed me to have the Nintendo. Everyone else was playing RBI, punch out, Mario and I was still plugging away with karate champ, maniac mansion, zac McCracken and hardball....although operation Wolfe was awesome.

When I was 12 I got a paper route and in the fall of 89 I bought myself a Nintendo...at this point everyone was playing the genesis and madden and I was playing tecmo bowl.

Oh well I still have it. I took it out tonight and the screen must flashes after playing for a few minutes so I am going to take it apart and clean it tommorow. My 7 year old son was loving Zelda 2 the adventures of link until it shut off over and over.

Need to find a copy of contra, punch out, RBI and double dragon for him to play.

I still love baseball stars.

I got half way through this and was going to mock you for not manning up and getting a job to buy your own Nintendo. But, you did, so props.

I did that too when I was about 12 or so. My mom gave me the shittiest jobs ever and paid me like 50 or 75 cents at a time. You want to teach your kids work ethic and the value of a dollar? Have them work all summer doing shit jobs for whatever toy or game they want.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I typed out a big post but lost it.

In a nutshell I still also have my starting lineup talking baseball with all the teams. I loved that game. My friend had the football but they stopped making it before they released the teams so it was just the 89 pro bowl.

Top Bottom