jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
why is he a coward because he doesn't believe in guns or guns in the hands of children? i can be adult and disagree with him w/o having to get that personal.

Basically, he's scared of an 11-year-old with a 22, yeah she's a coward

Not to mention the whole supporting the gestappo

1, one terrible thing happened, and now he thinks people should have to hide a large aspect of their life because he's scared

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
my fault.

Its an automatic weapon, I didn't realize that wasn't an assault rifle.

well 1st, to "own" a fully automatic weapon, you have to go through the government in a very painful process. automatic is you keep your finger on the trigger, it keeps firing. *these* guns are heavily scrutinized and the people who own them have to go through hell and back to have the permit that will allow it. so very few people actually own the "true" assault rifle.

semi automatic is simply pull the trigger, it fires a bullet. pull it again, it fires again. pull the trigger and keep your finger on it, 1 bullet fires, not a stream of them.

most guns these days are semi automatic. rifles from the deadly (it would seem) .22 to the 300 and larger simply hold 10-30 bullets at a time and "reload" for you so you can fire again. pistols also do this and are "semi-automatic". pistols can hold anywhere from 8 to 20 bullets depending on single or double stack and the ammo used in it.

bolt action guns can still have a clip, you just have to eject the bullet and reload using the bolt. single fire guns means you put the bullet in 1 at a time.

what the kid has was NOT an automatic weapon, i can assure you. it was nothing more than an AR look alike that fires a .22 bullet which is not powerfull at all.

if you're not real sure of the difference between automatic weapons and semi automatic, then i'm sorry, you're really not educated enough to talk about gun control.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It looks like a tactical .223.

yep. it does. but they make a lot of .22's that look like this, even break down like them so you can use them for target practice w/cheaper ammo. those also come in .308 i believe. i hear people say you don't hunt with guns like that so why own one, then i watch yukon men on tv and quite a few use them up there for hunting. i'd have to say theirs would be .308 cause i can't see taking down an elk with a .223.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Guns aren't just for hunting. They are also for protection from enemies civil and govt.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Guns aren't just for hunting. They are also for protection from enemies civil and govt.

damn skippy. what i find "funny" is people think that if it looks like what the military uses, it's an assault rifle. tactical is a good way to put it but that word is also overused "in the industry". but it does fit this gun. while it's base function is no more dangerous than a browning .308 rifle, you can dress it up a bit more with "tactical" equipment such as laser sights, lights in general and so forth. the M4's biggest advantage is more or less you can collapse the stock to a degree and use it in tighter spaces.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Peace be with you also father.

Theebs...I will try not to take it over the top if you don't. To be honest, the butchering of our vocabulary and changing definitions of words to suit an agenda is an issue. It is quite clear from my posts I am no wordsmith, but to have an honest discussion about gun violence we need to be sure we are talking about the same thing. There is a tremendous difference between a kid and his first hunting rifle and posting a picture because he is proud of his accomplishment (the training and responsibility that comes with fire arms ownership) and a lunatic killing children over his mommy issues. I remember getting my first rifle and going to the range. It was a big day. You can see it on the kid's face. Not everyone lives in overcrowded apartment complex in a major city. This is a diverse country, something that liberals talk about almost incessantly until that diversity does not fit their mold of what they believe should be.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
damn skippy. what i find "funny" is people think that if it looks like what the military uses, it's an assault rifle. tactical is a good way to put it but that word is also overused "in the industry". but it does fit this gun. while it's base function is no more dangerous than a browning .308 rifle, you can dress it up a bit more with "tactical" equipment such as laser sights, lights in general and so forth. the M4's biggest advantage is more or less you can collapse the stock to a degree and use it in tighter spaces.

The word assault when it concerns guns is the most ill-used words on the planet. A .223 is way less powerful and has way less velocity than a 30-06, but one is made to look more dangerous and all of a sudden it's deemed an assault rifle. It's the same way the libs use certain terms as scare tactics in other arenas like fiscal cliff.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
if you're not real sure of the difference between automatic weapons and semi automatic, then i'm sorry, you're really not educated enough to talk about gun control.

oh well. I see.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
oh well. I see.

not trying to be rude as i have no idea of your knowledge of guns. but you keep calling a tactical .22 semi automatic weapon an assault rifle and that is just flat out 100% wrong. you also seem to use the word "automatic" a lot as in "fully automatic" and again, to legally get a fully auto weapon isn't easy.

Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Step 4-Take possession of your weapon.

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posses a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).

now that was a quick look up online and you will be HEAVILY scrutinized both locally and by feds when you even ask to own one, esp these days. there are more steps to this and some changes state to state i believe, but this is a quick overview that it's simply not that easy to own a fully automatic "assault" weapon as people like to believe.

now we can either talk like adults to clear out differences and concerns, or you can answer in cryptic sentences and i'll just move on.

Last edited:

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
If we were in a bar I would literally roast you until you left or fought. Under no circumstances would i allow someone like you at a stool next to me. Because fuck you sensitivities, fvck your attempts to restrict my rights and fuck your support of this heavy handed government nonsense of threatening to take people's children away because they let them have a .22.

You are a person who deserves nothin more than to be spit on.

This might be the best post I've ever seen you make.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Except for the part where its horseshit false bravado.

Gun owners tend to be some of the biggest cowards on earth....hostile-style stories where they'd whoop ya if they ever met ya notwithstanding...

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Gun owners tend to be some of the biggest cowards on earth....hostile-style stories where they'd whoop ya if they ever met ya notwithstanding...

i swear to god the legend of your idiocy grows with each of your passing posts.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

says the coward behind the keyboard...

Top Bottom