Reaction score
After starting this thread I watched a bunch of ED highlights on YouTube and I have to say he was simply incredible.

I agree with TE when he said he was the most under appreciated all timer in history.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You know I laughed at this at first cause E D was one of the best to ever tote the rock, but if Zeke keeps this up he could give em a run for his money. Thing is I dont remember E D being as good a receiver or blocker as Zeke seems to be. Both had great O Lines but E D had mostly trash at QB.
Then he goes to Indy and the coach says "Eric, I'd like you to meet Jack Trudeau, Chris Chandler, Gary Hogeboom and Jeff George. Eric?...........Eric?................"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Should've been able to is the key.

No one except Emmitt amounted to anything behind that line.

It wasn't like they made a ton of effort to give those guys chances either though.

Ricky Blake showed some promise then got hurt. Curvin Richards had running ability but had a case of the fumbles and got cut. Lassic got his chance while Emmitt held out in 93, then went back to the pine. They had Blair Thomas for a bit (ironic). Then Sherman Williams

Chris Warren did pretty well when he came here though.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I posted last week that giving Zeke junk time carries in decided games was not the best use of him (IMO) so I agree somewhat.

But the fact is he is just damn good. I'm sure coaches have a hard time rationalizing taking him out when he says he feels great.

We hardly ever took Emmitt out of a game from 91-95 it seemed, and that worked out pretty well.

Yes it did work out well for Emmitt. I hope he does get the record.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I get why you people are negative, but you can't even enjoy when we win.
Problem is you confuse 'reality' with 'negativity.' They're not the same thing and they're not interchangeable.

You're also guilty of selective reading, seeming to respond only to posts you think are 'negative.' What, you want everyone to be just a dumbass homer/cheerleader? There's boards for that. Are you the 'negativity cop?' I don't remember appointing one.

Pussy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Problem is you confuse 'reality' with 'negativity.' They're not the same thing and they're not interchangeable.

You're also guilty of selective reading, seeming to respond only to posts you think are 'negative.' What, you want everyone to be just a dumbass homer/cheerleader? There's boards for that. Are you the 'negativity cop?' I don't remember appointing one.

Pussy.

57755617.jpg

Reaction score
I was actually shocked to read that on top of the 1800 yards Dickerson had his rookie year, he also had another 50+ receptions and 400+ receiving yards.

Dude was a monster.

DeMarco Murray says hello from the year 2014AD.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You forgot the immortal Sherman Williams from the epic 95 draft. Is he still in the slam?

Lincoln Coleman had a few good games as Emmitt's backup too. Hambrick had a 200 yard game against Washington too didn't he?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Zeke can stay healthy and take care of his body like Emmitt did we could be watching the beginning of one of the all time greats.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So he's the Romo of RBs

If Garrett had coached those Rams teams, he'd have Dickerson carrying it 12 times a game and Dieter Brock or whatever crap QB they had throwing it 40 times a game because, you know, they were playing eight in the box and we have to take what the defense is giving us.

Top Bottom