Reaction score
Seems like this thread would've been already started here, but I'm too lazy to look.

Anywhoooo.... I'm actively rooting for Elliott to break Dickersons rookie rushing record, and he's on pace to do so.

Eric Dickerson
Att - 390
Yds - 1808
Ypg - 113

Elliott after six games
Att- 137
Yds - 703
Ypg - 117.2

Needs to average 110.5 ypg over the remaining 10 games to break the record...

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, if 2014 is an indicator, Garrett will run Zeke into the ground just like Murray because he wont know what else to do so the record should fall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, if 2014 is an indicator, Garrett will run Zeke into the ground just like Murray because he wont know what else to do so the record should fall.

Maybe if he was a better coach he'd bench him for being too good

Reaction score

I think it's Linehans influence. Garrett has put on full display how pass happy he is.

I will say we have an impressive stable of backs, and that Morris should be getting more carries, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was coming from above *cough*Jerry*cough* to run run run Elliott in an effort to get that record.

As a fan who grew up loving running backs, I'm all for it. One of the few things I'm rooting for this year.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I think it's Linehans influence. Garrett has put on full display how pass happy he is.

I will say we have an impressive stable of backs, and that Morris should be getting more carries, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was coming from above *cough*Jerry*cough* to run run run Elliott in an effort to get that record.

As a fan who grew up loving running backs, I'm all for it. One of the few things I'm rooting for this year.

The record would be great.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We've got Morris. Use him where you can and save some of the wear and tear on Zeke. But still go after the record.

I posted last week that giving Zeke junk time carries in decided games was not the best use of him (IMO) so I agree somewhat.

But the fact is he is just damn good. I'm sure coaches have a hard time rationalizing taking him out when he says he feels great.

We hardly ever took Emmitt out of a game from 91-95 it seemed, and that worked out pretty well.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know I laughed at this at first cause E D was one of the best to ever tote the rock, but if Zeke keeps this up he could give em a run for his money. Thing is I dont remember E D being as good a receiver or blocker as Zeke seems to be. Both had great O Lines but E D had mostly trash at QB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know I laughed at this at first cause E D was one of the best to ever tote the rock, but if Zeke keeps this up he could give em a run for his money. Thing is I dont remember E D being as good a receiver or blocker as Zeke seems to be. Both had great O Lines but E D had mostly trash at QB.

I was actually shocked to read that on top of the 1800 yards Dickerson had his rookie year, he also had another 50+ receptions and 400+ receiving yards.

Dude was a monster.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I get why you people are negative, but you can't even enjoy when we win. Fuck. Just kill yourselves if your life is that fucking miserable.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He was.He went for 248 against the Cowboys in what turned out to be Tom Landry's last playoff game.
That game is available to view on the NFL's YouTube channel. Rams fans voted it one of their 3 favorite games. Talk about slim pickings.

Personally I think their play-off wins at Texas Stadium in '79 (Staubach's last game) and '83 were more impressive if they wanted to indulge their Cowboy hate.

Reaction score
That game is available to view on the NFL's YouTube channel. Rams fans voted it one of their 3 favorite games. Talk about slim pickings.

Personally I think their play-off wins at Texas Stadium in '79 (Staubach's last game) and '83 were more impressive if they wanted to indulge their Cowboy hate.

Geeze, Staubach's last game. That one was like a funeral that never should have happened.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was actually shocked to read that on top of the 1800 yards Dickerson had his rookie year, he also had another 50+ receptions and 400+ receiving yards.

Dude was a monster.

Still think he might be the best back I've ever seen. If nothing else, he's the most underappreciated all-time great I know of.

There was a good NFL network or 30 for 30 show on him where Baldinger was talking about how with the Colts, they'd all be beat to hell on Mondays, getting all kinds of treatment and living in the hot and cold tubs to try to recover. And Dickerson would stroll through the training room like he didn't have a single ache or pain even after 35 carries. Dude was just a freak. Even with the workload he had, I think he never even had an injury until like his seventh year in the league when he pulled a hamstring (but still played the next week). It's too bad most people remember his contract squabbles and the trade to Indy more than his ability.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still think he might be the best back I've ever seen. If nothing else, he's the most underappreciated all-time great I know of.

There was a good NFL network or 30 for 30 show on him where Baldinger was talking about how with the Colts, they'd all be beat to hell on Mondays, getting all kinds of treatment and living in the hot and cold tubs to try to recover. And Dickerson would stroll through the training room like he didn't have a single ache or pain even after 35 carries. Dude was just a freak. Even with the workload he had, I think he never even had an injury until like his seventh year in the league when he pulled a hamstring (but still played the next week). It's too bad most people remember his contract squabbles and the trade to Indy more than his ability.

Even though he ran tall it seems like guys seldom got good shots at him. Greatest ever, he is in the conversation. Nobody had an extra gear like him or shifted into that gear as quick as he did. As I mentioned he had trash like Feragamo and Dieter Brock at QB. Defenses could game plan for him and still not stop him.

Top Bottom