Iamtdg

Reaction score
apparently, you can't be a "real fan" if you expect the team to do poorly. I mean, why follow them or make an emotional investment if you expect them to suck? now he just needs to explain why Cubs fans hang in there year after year. are they "fake" fans too?

It's an idiotic stance, and all that he has to go on. It's all any homer has to go on, because large doses of reality send them into, run to momma's tit, suckle until it's all better, panic mode.

Reaction score
So you are actively rooting against the team with things going bad and I suppose you would be ok with the team if it built 2014 without injuries last year and you would be looking forward to this year.

You really need "bandwagon" defined?
No one is actively rooting against the team. There's apathy and a sense of foreboding because we were 4 and fucking 12 last season. We are essentially the Cleveland Browns for the past 20 years. If some Cleveland fan were in here predicting 13-3 and a Super Bowl run, you'd be calling that person a moron. But since it's the Cowboys, we're all supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're a "real fan." Give me a break.

You should go back and read the 2014 threads here, since you mentioned that season. There was a lot of rooting going on here. We can still be fans of the team without expecting a Super Bowl win every year. And if the team does well, shockingly, the tone of the board will reflect that.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No one is actively rooting against the team. There's apathy and a sense of foreboding because we were 4 and fucking 12 last season. We are essentially the Cleveland Browns for the past 20 years. If some Cleveland fan were in here predicting 13-3 and a Super Bowl run, you'd be calling that person a moron. But since it's the Cowboys, we're all supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're a "real fan." Give me a break.

You should go back and read the 2014 threads here, since you mentioned that season. There was a lot of rooting going on here. We can still be fans of the team without expecting a Super Bowl win every year. And if the team does well, shockingly, the tone of the board will reflect that.

So when Midswat's sig says -"Cowboys fan rooting against the team I've loved for 25 years until that clown Jason Garrett is fired."--- he's not rooting against the team?

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We do the same to you. Laugh at you feeding that machine that fields shit. The machine that hired and has retained one of the worst coaches in the NFL. The machine that hasn't been more than a game deep in the playoffs in 21 years. The machine that puts rock concerts and restaurants over winning football teams. The fact that you condescend to fans that speak ill of he team after those 21 years speaks to your idiocy.

Will save a laugh for you in my playoff seats this year. Just for you...

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I hope you get that chance. That's the difference between me and you. I do root for the team, but at the same time I have a brain that tells me the mess we have been over the last 20+ years. You have blinders on and predict playoffs and SB every year. Some day you will finally get it right, and can hoot and holler about how right you were, completely forgetting the 20 other times you were wrong.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't forget guys, it means more to them when the Cowboys win because they never gave up and were never critical of the team.

Remember in 2014, when you were rooting for the team to beat the Packers. You just weren't experiencing the full joy 5countem5 was feeling because of his undying devotion to Jerry Jones and the team.

Last edited:

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hope you get that chance. That's the difference between me and you. I do root for the team, but at the same time I have a brain that tells me the mess we have been over the last 20+ years. You have blinders on and predict playoffs and SB every year. Some day you will finally get it right, and can hoot and holler about how right you were, completely forgetting the 20 other times you were wrong.

So you sit home looking at the upcoming season and dread, where I sit at home and look forward to it.

I think since sports are just a pasttime and entertainment - I like my approach better.

Have fun voluntarily being miserable.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So you sit home looking at the upcoming season and dread, where I sit at home and look forward to it.

I think since sports are just a pasttime and entertainment - I like my approach better.
At least you admit you put zero critical thought into your fandom.

This board prefers some intelligence and maturity rather than approaching it like a third grader.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Have fun voluntarily being miserable.

cpYO9ez.jpg

Reaction score
So when Midswat's sig says -"Cowboys fan rooting against the team I've loved for 25 years until that clown Jason Garrett is fired."--- he's not rooting against the team?

And Midswat has a point that there is very little evidence that Jason Garrett is improving the team. So if a coach is not helping your favorite team win it would make sense not to want that person coaching your team. Seems like you like the coach.

So tell us what you like about his offense and game management.

Explain to us how the Garrett playbook (which is exclusively personnel groupings and pass patterns - as Scott Linehan pointed out last year) that has been in place since 2007 has become more complex, advanced, evolved, more efficient, allowing less sacks or pressures or injuries to the QB?

I'm sure you know the roots of the Garrett's plays from Coryell, through Zampese and Turner and how the 9 timing routes are conditionally dependent on the position of the strong safety vertically and the free safety lateral and how power man-blocking with play action allows the route and timing if the route to open the space downfield.

So, the question is: has the Dallas Cowboy play calling, the plays themselves, the variations and the deceptions improved since 2007 like when the Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, and especially the Patriots have the same playbook over time? Or have the plays become more repetitive, more predictable, simplified and less complex since 2007?

Jason Garrett deserves blame for Dallas Cowboys' horrendous offense - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Well,I hope you're right too.
But the very thought you laughing at someone or everyone on this board is absurd because A:You got playoff seats and you surmise none of us would B:You posit that you're a true fan because you're there and the rest of us(millions),not just the posters on this board are not true fans because we are not there C:You had to sell a Walter White amount of meth to fund it,which really would explain a lot things about your attitude and your ridiculous "I'm smarter than everyone" posts.Sorry,sonny,you're really just a repetitive pom pom waving dick whose arguments remind me of the 12 year old girls who used to worship Paris Hilton.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm sure that's what you want so you can go back to another board and play the martyr. And you do realize that at another board you would have been banned from the get go. Your motives here are very clear and it's pretty lame.

but he'll likely never be banned here which is what makes this place great, uncomfortable opinions don't get censored, they get addressed head on

Top Bottom