dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because McAdoo is staying in NY and retaining most of Coughlins staff. Thats why he withdrew his name.

So a guy who's a lifer in the NFL doesnt know anybody else to fill a staff out with.

OK

Reaction score
So a guy who's a lifer in the NFL doesnt know anybody else to fill a staff out with.

OK

I don't know. But I could understand at his advanced age not wanting to go through the hassle of re-assembling a whole new coaching staff based on who's available plus a lot guys who he may have never worked with previously. Would take a decent amount of time and effort not only coaching the players, but coaching the new coaches on what his expectations/methods are.

If he goes somewhere else as a HC, then I'd question Shefters or whomevers credibility. As is, whats being reported is completely believable.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
tons of boring candidates this year. as much as I hate Garrett, I'm not sure if guys like McAdoo, Pederson and Gase represent a vast improvement.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
McAdoo who knows. Seems like almost a lazy kind of pick because he was already there, but who knows, he might make a good coach.

Gase, though, is very highly regarded and has been for a couple of years. Pederson doesn't seem exciting, but he has learned from and been recommended by one of the better coaches in football. Those guys almost can't be worse than Garrett. Besides, at this point even if they weren't any "better", this team is so stale it would benefit from some new blood, a new voice.

I'm still kind of glad Philly fired Kelly. I think having a completely immobile QB killed that read option play because defenses totally ignored Bradford. Kind of think they could have kept him, chalked this year up to just a bad year, and let him got a new QB. With Kaepernick I bet that offense is a bear to stop. We'll find out because we play them next year.

Top Bottom