Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This makes them instantly better. They should be running the ball with Murray (in the I formation) with a QB under center.
That's the scary part. Their QB performs better there too.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
That will never ever happen under Jerry Jones. I haven't posted much this season because I'm so pissed off about the state of the Cowboys. It makes me sad. A single egomaniac has destroyed the franchise I love. If he hadn't lucked out with Romo maybe he would have seen the the issue, but I doubt it. Fuck Jerry Jones. The old bastard will still be making the draft picks and coaching hires with a feeding tube. Al Davis part II.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Chip Kelly makes Demarco Murray a multi-millionaire and sets him up for life and Murray turns on him after a bad season. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Kelly, this type of stuff from an under-performing player is BS and tells me a lot about Murray's character. But I guess Murray thought he could get away with it in Dallas so he could do it in Philly.

I give Chip Kelly props though....Laurie told him he had to give up some authority and Kelly balked at it. We have a gutless HC that can't make game day personnel decisions without checking with the owner. Chip's offense may not work in the NFL but that doesn't take away his coaching accomplishments. The guy worked his way up through the coaching ranks and was an innovator. Our guy was a QB coach and basically got his job through relative nepotism. Chip is still light years better than any coach we have roaming our sidelines.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That will never ever happen under Jerry Jones. I haven't posted much this season because I'm so pissed off about the state of the Cowboys. It makes me sad. A single egomaniac has destroyed the franchise I love. If he hadn't lucked out with Romo maybe he would have seen the the issue, but I doubt it. Fuck Jerry Jones. The old bastard will still be making the draft picks and coaching hires with a feeding tube. Al Davis part II.

Sorry, he's no Al Davis. Al Davis would have fired Garrett after the second consecutive 8-8 season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry, he's no Al Davis. Al Davis would have fired Garrett after the second consecutive 8-8 season.

Exactly

Al changed his HC like he changed his depends. Once one was full of shit and no longer working he'd get rid of him and try a new one on

Reaction score
I like Kelly as a coach, but I think he fucked up trying to take over personnel. That never works. Ever.

Also, he never had the benefit of having a competent QB. Sanchez, Foles, and Bradshaw are all terrible.

His offense will work. Bills were very successful with a rapid action offense for years. They had a QB though... you need a QB.

Best fit is in college, like others said. I wish him luck. Wouldn't mind University of Tennessee firing Butch and hiring him.

Not suprisingly, Lurie can swallow his pride and make a change before Jerry. Our franchise is fucked.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So Chip Kelly makes Demarco Murray a multi-millionaire and sets him up for life and Murray turns on him after a bad season. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Kelly, this type of stuff from an under-performing player is BS and tells me a lot about Murray's character. But I guess Murray thought he could get away with it in Dallas so he could do it in Philly.

I give Chip Kelly props though....Laurie told him he had to give up some authority and Kelly balked at it. We have a gutless HC that can't make game day personnel decisions without checking with the owner. Chip's offense may not work in the NFL but that doesn't take away his coaching accomplishments. The guy worked his way up through the coaching ranks and was an innovator. Our guy was a QB coach and basically got his job through relative nepotism. Chip is still light years better than any coach we have roaming our sidelines.

Kelly is a fucking idiot. His system was garbage. He wore out his own defense with his stubbornness.

And anyone with half a brain could see Murray didn't fit the style of offense he was insisting on using. Murray is an I formation powerback. Not a stop and start guy who runs sideline to sideline. If he wasn't going to be flexible and alter his system somewhat, signing Murray was pure ignorance.

Never mind the fact that he orchestrated the ouster of people above him so he could assume full control, then proceeded to have about as bad an offseason personnel decision wise as anyone has ever had.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kelly is a fucking idiot. His system was garbage. He wore out his own defense with his stubbornness.

And anyone with half a brain could see Murray didn't fit the style of offense he was insisting on using. Murray is an I formation powerback. Not a stop and start guy who runs sideline to sideline. If he wasn't going to be flexible and alter his system somewhat, signing Murray was pure ignorance.

Never mind the fact that he orchestrated the ouster of people above him so he could assume full control, then proceeded to have about as bad an offseason personnel decision wise as anyone has ever had.

So let me get this straight. When you were a Garrett homer fan boy the memo was Garrett was dumping over-priced underachievers. When someone else makes roster moves they're bad personnel decisions. I don't buy it. Maclin was a goner anyway and he wanted to be reunited with Andy Reid. He wanted players to fit into his system and he went out and tried to get them but the one position he couldn't get was QB.

In any event, I give props to a guy who is arguably an innovator and won with multiple QB's in his system; Vick, Foles, Sanchez and Bradford and went 10 and 6 in his first 2 years while truly rebuilding a team. I'm glad Philly got rid of Kelly and Bradford will suck in a traditional offense. They are far far worse team today than they were yesterday.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can you imagine the clusterfuck it would be if JJ hired Kelly?

He'd come in and trade Dez and Witten, he'd keep Romo because we know he has no problem sticking with a QB that is injury prone.

He'd blow up the roster like he did in PHI last year......

Hey wait a second, maybe blowing up the roster is just what we need! LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. When you were a Garrett homer fan boy the memo was Garrett was dumping over-priced underachievers. When someone else makes roster moves they're bad personnel decisions. I don't buy it. Maclin was a goner anyway and he wanted to be reunited with Andy Reid. He wanted players to fit into his system and he went out and tried to get them but the one position he couldn't get was QB.

In any event, I give props to a guy who is arguably an innovator and won with multiple QB's in his system; Vick, Foles, Sanchez and Bradford and went 10 and 6 in his first 2 years while truly rebuilding a team. I'm glad Philly got rid of Kelly and Bradford will suck in a traditional offense. They are far far worse team today than they were yesterday.

Almost nobody agrees with you that covers the league, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

A lot of the guys he got rid of were pretty productive players there and actually DID seem to fit what he was doing, and he got rid of them anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Almost nobody agrees with you that covers the league, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

A lot of the guys he got rid of were pretty productive players there and actually DID seem to fit what he was doing, and he got rid of them anyway.

Some of those "productive" folks you mentioned aren't even in the league anymore or were benched. Even Nick Foles was benched for some 3rd string scrub (I'm too lazy to look up his name). Maclin got 11 million from KC (thank Andy Reid) and Philly had offered him 10. Deshaun Jackson was a cancer. Philly is in turmoil and the new coach will have to figure out what to do with Bradford. In any event, Kelly had 26 wins in 3 seasons with 4 different QB's starting. He's a good coach.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BTW dbair, who were those productive players? Other than Maclin, only McCoy had 1 good year after he left Philly and is around 600 yards this season. I could be wrong though........

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW dbair, who were those productive players? Other than Maclin, only McCoy had 1 good year after he left Philly and is around 600 yards this season. I could be wrong though........

He got rid of several of his OL did he not?

Also got rid of a couple of his DB's

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He got rid of several of his OL did he not?

Also got rid of a couple of his DB's

He got rid of Todd Herremans who was picked up by the Colts. He was benched after two weeks/games and subsequently released. Evan Mathis was released after a contract dispute when he didn't show up for OTA's. Mathis was picked up by Denver where he was subsequently benched in favor of a 4th round rookie lineman. The only guy that he got rid of that has had any measure of success was Maclin but he was going to play for Andy Reid regardless and the Eagles even offered him 10 million dollars per season.

I live in Philadelphia country and I have to listen to these idiots all the time. I thought Foles was going to be their franchise but Chip thought he was a 10 and 6 QB at best and couldn't take them any further. Foles' play in St. Louis has done nothing to prove Kelly wrong.

But don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit about Chip Kelly and that franchise but I can give my honest opinion that I think the guy was an innovative HC. He won 26 games his first 3 years and did that with 4 different QB's. That, at least to me, is a valid measure of a good HC when he wins with multiple QB's. That's also one of the reasons I actaully believed in Garrett in the beginning but soured later on. Chip Kelly is the polar opposite of Jason Garrett.

Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA -- After Chip Kelly was fired by the Eagles, several reports spread that one of the key reasons he was dismissed as head coach was that he had lost the support of the locker room.

Speaking Wednesday to NJ Advance Media, one member of the team made it clear that Kelly had not lost the locker room -- just the support of a few key members.

The player spoke on condition of anonymity.

"A select few guys wanted to be babied," said the player, "and Chip wouldn't do it."

So did Kelly lose the locker room?

"Of course not," said the player. "It was a handful of guys. If that. But it led to some tension."

With news of Kelly's firing taking over the NovaCare Complex on Wednesday, players were asked what they want in a new head coach.

"You need a coach, especially at this level, who is willing to work with the top guys on the team. Because (the players) usually follow most of the top guys," outside linebacker Brandon Graham said Wednesday. "You need to work together -- especially between coaches and players. It's not like college. ... Now some players are being paid more than you. You need to get them to believe in what you were talking."

CHIP: Failed because he didn't have a QB

Kelly has had, at least publicly, the support of his players throughout the season, despite a 6-9 record with one game to play.

Owner Jeffrey Lurie said he spoke with key members of the team before firing Kelly, but he would not reveal the players nor the content of the conversations.

Lurie downplayed the highly publicized pow-wow with running back DeMarco Murray on a flight home, saying he talks to players "all the time on the plane."

Murray had "zero" to do with the firing, Lurie insisted.

Kelly leaves the Eagles with a 26-21 record in three seasons, with one playoff appearance.

Top Bottom