Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451589193.531049.jpg
A picture says 1000 words

Well so does the headline. lol

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is the attached article

Three seasons and just one playoff appearance was enough for the Philadelphia Eagles to fire head coach Chip Kelly. His name has already landed in the middle of rumors for a number of teams in both the NFL and college ranks. Well, after a lackluster season that was nothing like what they were expecting, it’s possible that the Dallas Cowboys could look for Kelly to replace Jason Garrett, but it’s going to cost them.

On Tuesday, the Eagles made the official announcement of Kelly’s firing, per USA Today. Kelly went 6-9 in his final season and was 26-21 overall during his tenure in Philly, and Eagles CEO and chairman Jeff Lurie simply said it was time.
“We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward.”
In his first two seasons, Kelly went 10-6 in both of them and landed in the playoffs in 2013. The Eagles lost in the Wild Card round, and missed the playoffs in 2014. This year has been a total mess and nothing like anyone thought would be coming.
The same can be said for the Dallas Cowboys who will end up last in the NFC East with a record of 4-11 and one game left to play. It’s led many to think that head coach Jason Garrett could soon be on his way out, but would the Cowboys really replace him with Kelly?
image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/jason-garrett-dallas-cowboys-rumors.jpg
Dallas Cowboys rumors Jason Garrett Chip Kelly
Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images
Getting rid of Garrett is a true possibility, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has already called out the coaching staff this season for their losses. Jones could very well end up firing Garrett after this week’s season finale, but NBC Sports says that it won’t be cheap.
Last year, Garrett signed a five-year contract with the Cowboys that was worth a whopping $30 million. He still has four years left on that deal and if the Cowboys were to fire him now, then it would cost Jerry Jones a buyout of $24 million.
Yes, the Cowboys would get money for whatever Garrett may earn coaching elsewhere or maybe even as a TV analyst. On the other hand, if Garrett wanted to do nothing for the next four years if he is fired, then he could do that and earn $6 million annually.
Firing Jason Garrett isn’t necessarily the smartest or most logical option, but this is Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys that are being talked about. If they want to win and feel Garrett can’t do it, then say goodbye to that money.

Read more at Nothing found for 2667567 Dallas Cowboys Rumors Chip Kelly Could Replace Jason Garrett But It Will Be Expensive #luh3Vd5Lfzd7Ussu 99

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I sure hope not

But if it got rid of Jason I'd be happy

The team would be a clusterfuck if Kelly tried to change the offense and JJ won't let that happen with Tony still around

Reaction score
Chip Kelly met with the 49'ers about their opening.'

Would be an interesting fit, with with Kaeppernick - assuming he comes back to them.

Also pretty sure we play the 9'ers next year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jon Gruden says he's interested in the Eagles job. :brick

Edit, well I guess in the last couple of hours he's denied it. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's just covering himself now. He was QB coach there once under Reid and said good things about working there.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Edit, well I guess in the last couple of hours he's denied it. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's just covering himself now. He was QB coach there once under Reid and said good things about working there.

I just read the same article. That concerns me. If he fixes the QB situation they will be immediate contenders in the east. And with Washington finally starting to get a head of steam going the NFC East might be back to being a dominant division next year. The only team that will falter next year "should" be the NYG because of the growing pains with a new coach. Hopefully

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chip Kelly met with the 49'ers about their opening.'

Would be an interesting fit, with with Kaeppernick - assuming he comes back to them.

Also pretty sure we play the 9'ers next year.

We do. And I hope Kelly goes there with the idea he can "fix" Kaperpick.

Kaperpick is a great runner, but a dreadful passer. Nobody is going to fix that, especially a coach who doesnt understand the NFL game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah I saw that, but I absolutely dont believe he'd want to coach in the same division as his brother.

One of the articles that reported this also stated they believed it was part of a ploy to get ESPN to ante up more $$$

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just read the same article. That concerns me. If he fixes the QB situation they will be immediate contenders in the east. And with Washington finally starting to get a head of steam going the NFC East might be back to being a dominant division next year. The only team that will falter next year "should" be the NYG because of the growing pains with a new coach. Hopefully

Just fyi, they have a lot more issues than just the QB position. Their defense is awful and so is their OL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Howard Eskin
✔ ‎@howardeskin
Philadelphia local news, sports, jobs, cars, homes - Philly.com story reported Jon Gruden had interest in becoming #Eagles HC. Got response from Gruden 2night. "I'm not interested"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so yesterday Shefter made it sound like Coughlin was basically a done deal to Philly...today the news is Coughlin told the Eagles he doesnt want the job and withdrew his name

Reaction score
so yesterday Shefter made it sound like Coughlin was basically a done deal to Philly...today the news is Coughlin told the Eagles he doesnt want the job and withdrew his name

Because McAdoo is staying in NY and retaining most of Coughlins staff. Thats why he withdrew his name.

Reaction score

Schefter was also very wrong about Chip and sitting out next year.

He better reprogram his blackberry

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Eagles just hired Doug Pederson away from the Chiefs according to league sources

Wow
They didn't even wait till after the Chiefs were done in the playoffs

Not like it matters. He can start next Monday. lol

Top Bottom