Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
He should be on the reserve/suspended list, is all I'm saying.

Here I will agree. I guess there's no hurry on the part of the team. Now do we know for a fact the the roster on DC.com is the same as the one on file with the NFL. Could be the DC.com webmaster isn't doing his job. Or he feels like you and is hoping that if he doesn't list Brent he won't be allowed to play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We have to take big Nate's lead now.

"I'm a realist, man. Don't get caught up in, 'We love you.' Get caught up in, 'I've got a second chance. Do I love myself?' That's who you've got to love. "If you love and respect yourself, then the Cowboys are going to benefit. If you don't love and respect yourself, the first person that's going down is you. For the Cowboys, you're just another story. Unfortunately, it can be a sad story. Or it can be a great story."

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
All we can do now is root for him to save his own life and do good for Brown's daughter.

I had no idea this was a done deal. Now that it is, there's really no arguing it.

Deal. Beers all around. Except for Brent. He can't have anym

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here I will agree. I guess there's no hurry on the part of the team. Now do we know for a fact the the roster on DC.com is the same as the one on file with the NFL. Could be the DC.com webmaster isn't doing his job. Or he feels like you and is hoping that if he doesn't list Brent he won't be allowed to play.
They've been pretty snappy at keeping that published roster up to date. The webmaster works for Jerruh, so his opinion really doesn't matter much. Maybe there's some league rule, they don't have to list him yet.

Now that it is a done deal my argument is over. I have to hope for the best now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My line when we signed T.O. was. "Hope for the best expect the worst".
I actually thought T.O. was a good acquisition, and it took him a couple of years to revert to being a cancer.

Worthwhile, for what it was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This might be the longest thread ever in the Cowboys section on DCU, and its about Josh Brent

Think about that.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It has ZERO to do with idolizing anyone. It's the nature of the business. If you had Peyton skills you too could be a complete ass and keep your job as an NFL QB.

The nature of the business is to elevate someone above normal human standards. Not judging them on the same grounds of the people who share almost every other characteristic of humanity, except what they do for entertainment. That's idolatry. He's no better than you and I, except at what he does for a living. I'm sure you're better at what you do for an honest living than he would be at it.

Knowing full well that the average person, committing the same crime could face years in prison and a very rough life following, and watching this jerk lobbed a soft-ball, because some other, rich greedy jerk thinks he can contribute to his business is a flagrant insult. It's like a license to commit crimes 'common folk' would get trashed for. Frankly, I hope Brent fails big in the NFL.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The nature of the business is to elevate someone above normal human standards. Not judging them on the same grounds of the people who share almost every other characteristic of humanity, except what they do for entertainment. That's idolatry. He's no better than you and I, except at what he does for a living. I'm sure you're better at what you do for an honest living than he would be at it.

Knowing full well that the average person, committing the same crime could face years in prison and a very rough life following, and watching this jerk lobbed a soft-ball, because some other, rich greedy jerk thinks he can contribute to his business is a flagrant insult. It's like a license to commit crimes 'common folk' would get trashed for. Frankly, I hope Brent fails big in the NFL.

I can and will agree with you 100% here. The thing is though if I did this they can find a guy to fill my job much easier than it is to find a guy to play NFL football.

I especially agree with the he got off easy part.
However in Texas it's not unheard of.

Judges daughter 4 monthd. Shelton gets jail, probation for intoxication manslaughter | Texas District & County Attorneys Association

Coddled teen no jail time. No jail for 'affluenza' teen in fatal crash draws outrage

They got off easy because who their parents were. Brent got off easy because of who he is. Look at Ray Rice, if he wasn't a star NFL RB do you think the authorities would have swept it under the rug. This is what I mean by nature of the business. We are not all treated the same. The rich get preferential treatment. Not saying I agree with this but that's how it is and I don't see it changing.

Reaction score
I see alot of people saying that my arguments have been blasted but that is about all I see.

Evaluating NT play using sacks as the go to metric demonstrates your football acumen fairly clearly though.

You going to acknowledge his play against the Giants and TB or you just going back to the blown away thing?
You going to acknowledge the wisdom of moving someone with possible spinal trauma?
You going to acknowledge the EMT stating him arriving as Brown was pulled from the car and fining him unresponsive?

I bet I get more circle jerk back patting and a repeat of the woman's account as if those aren't refutations. Maybe we can get some more comments about sidewalks, murder and sack totals.
I'll take a stab and personally I don't care if Brent's on the team. If he can help great, if not get rid of him.
I think the guy defending your position brought up the sack thing
I may have missed it but I didn't see the two games you referenced as evidence as to why he should be on the team.
If someone's life us in danger say from a burning car even if there is a possible spinal injury you move them basic first aid
Unresponsive doesn't mean dead.
As an aside most of the points above have been made repeatedly in rebuttal of your arguments.

Again if the guy can help the team win games I'm all fine with him wearing the star. If he can't he can go on his way.

Finally do I think there is some piling on because you are from the Zone yes but I believe there is more because your a smug jack wagon

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I'll take a stab and personally I don't care if Brent's on the team. If he can help great, if not get rid of him.
I think the guy defending your position brought up the sack thing
I may have missed it but I didn't see the two games you referenced as evidence as to why he should be on the team.
If someone's life us in danger say from a burning car even if there is a possible spinal injury you move them basic first aid
Unresponsive doesn't mean dead.
As an aside most of the points above have been made repeatedly in rebuttal of your arguments.

Again if the guy can help the team win games I'm all fine with him wearing the star. If he can't he can go on his way.

Finally do I think there is some piling on because you are from the Zone yes but I believe there is more because your a smug jack wagon
Any abuse that Fuzzy gets on this board is a result of his arrogant , know-all attitude. He drops in here with intentions of getting the natives to argue with him and then plays the victim. Fuzzy enjoys his role as an arrogant jerk , but responding to his drivel is a total waste of time unless you are extremely bored and want some cheap entertainment.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This might be the longest thread ever in the Cowboys section on DCU, and its about Josh Brent

Think about that.

927205-worst_thread_ever.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Josh Brent has skills that only a very few people in the country enjoy. If he was a computer programmer named Christine Gontarro he would likely be fired from the typical corporate environment. Envy is not very becoming though I understand it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Any abuse that Fuzzy gets on this board is a result of his arrogant , know-all attitude.

Did you know that he went to college, and sipped from the chalice of knowledge? In fact, he's vainly trying to figure out how to shoehorn Kant's "Categorical Imperative" into a football post as we speak.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Any abuse that Fuzzy gets on this board is a result of his arrogant , know-all attitude. He drops in here with intentions of getting the natives to argue with him and then plays the victim. Fuzzy enjoys his role as an arrogant jerk , but responding to his drivel is a total waste of time unless you are extremely bored and want some cheap entertainment.

Yeah I tried really hard to get you to pile in. You've been after me ever since I made fun of your anglo-celtic white pride nonsense. I knew what that was.

I am from CZ and I have been coming here for several years at this point. I can admit I am adversarial and invite this. I have never talke dabout fairness and the like but when doomsday, mid, and yourself try and think with the same brain, I am going to point it out. That your exclusionary groupthink is there is an observation and not a complaint.

If I didn't like it I could just leave. I just think you guys aren't used to someone that ignores the gibes.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
:cry Fuzzy is talking smart!! :cry

I don't like Kant and really Aristotles metaphysics don't lend to Kant very well. You don't even talk about whether or not my usage of the quote sactually applies because well they are apt. Your whining is just amusing and encourages me.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't like Kant and really Aristotles metaphysics don't lend to Kant very well. You don't even talk about whether or not my usage of the quote sactually applies because well they are apt. Your whining is just amusing and encourages me.

I get it. You took a philosophy class a million years ago (hey, so did I!) and now the rest of us have to put up with your relentless preening. There's a phrase for precocious fops like yourself: "credentialed, not educated."

Confucius say, "He who lays down with fuzzy, wakes up with sore bumhole."

Top Bottom