Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Most likely nothing will come of it but it sure is embarrassing for now.

exactly.

It just spoiled a good solid offseason with people who wont ever get involved in this kind of stuff and now they all get cast in one idiots shadow.

plus jerry will now say something stupid to defend him like he always does to compound it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for the "sure he's an immature turd, but at least he's never been in trouble with the law" defense. That used to be the homers' stock response to TO's shenanigans, too.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
geez.

laufenberg just said that had garrett been the head coach in 2010 they would not have drafted dez.

that is a large statement.

babe also keeps saying dez is not a bad kid just a work in progress

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So much for the "sure he's an immature turd, but at least he's never been in trouble with the law" defense. That used to be the homers' stock response to TO's shenanigans, too.

steve and babe just said that exact thing, now they cant say yea but he hasnt been arrested.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
steve and babe just said that exact thing, now they cant say yea but he hasnt been arrested.

I can hear the Zoners spinning this incident as we speak. "Lay off! He's just a kid!" Um, no. He's a grown ass man.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs
Dez Bryant...future rookie symposium panel speaker.

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can hear the Zoners spinning this incident as we speak. "Lay off! He's just a kid!" Um, no. He's a grown ass man.

no doubt. Its never a big deal. always someone elses fault.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
laufenberg just said that had garrett been the head coach in 2010 they would not have drafted dez.

I seriously doubt that. Jerry was obsessed slashed focused on Dez Bryant. He wanted him badly. No way some red-headed rookie coach talks him down.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
no doubt. Its never a big deal. always someone elses fault.

"But .. but .. his momma was a crack whore! That gives him carte blanche to act like a turd his entire life!" Or so I've heard.

Reaction score
This one is tough because i know how woman can turn a normal man into a fucking urban cowboy (future sig?). Dez has to learn you can’t touch woman these days, the law will be on your ass. He’ll be alright (in my ex-zoner tone).

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that. Jerry was obsessed slashed focused on Dez Bryant. He wanted him badly. No way some red-headed rookie coach talks him down.

i agree with that

plus they put in a 3rd round bid on gordon this week.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This one is tough because i know how woman can turn a normal man into a fucking urban cowboy (future sig?). Dez has to learn you can’t touch woman these days, the law will be on your ass. He’ll be alright (in my ex-zoner tone).

dont lose sight of the issue, its not how minor it is.

its that he just turned the whole team into a bunch of criminals who think they are above the law and are arrogant losers etc....

its the image he allows the national media to keep casting on this organization that is the problem. this staff has tried it appears real hard to get good guys here again and this kind of incident screws up an entire offseasons mindset in one shot.

now everyone has to answer for this, now witten, lee, ware, austin, romo etc...have to stick up for him even though they know its wrong......

its fucked up and guys like this are not worth it. no matter his talent. and yes I know his talent has potential to be amazing.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
I've talked to Dez Bryant's advisor David Wells twice since this broke. He says he's still trying to gather details on what happened.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i agree with that

plus they put in a 3rd round bid on gordon this week.

I can't believe we even bid on that idiot who had a way worse rep than Dez. (Idle thought, wonder how Babe explains that one.)

Imagine if we'd gotten a lunkhead like Gordon and then this news breaks.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't believe we even bid on that idiot who had a way worse rep than Dez. (Idle thought, wonder how Babe explains that one.)

Imagine if we'd gotten a lunkhead like Gordon and then this news breaks.

would love to have babe explain that, I am going to tweet steve dennis to ask him...

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One, I'm going to roll with the whole innocent til proven guilty philosophy. He hasn't been convicted yet except for showing some really bad judgement.

Two, special talent warrants special treatment. Fact of life folks, ask Jimmy Johnson. If this was Andre Holmes or random UDFA, he's as good as cut.. but since it's Dez, the punishment from the team will be minor.

Top Bottom