LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ouch.

But look, I have been expressing my doubts about this guy, talked many times about how all you have to do to take him out of the game as a defender is make it about him by taking "cheap" shots and trash talking him - he gets busy trying to win THAT battle instead of finding a way to get open. When a opponent truly wants Dez out of the game, Dez is out of the game.

Whatever. Dez is the only one showing heart on this team. Dez is able to be taken out of the game like the rest of our WRs because of how long the play takes to develop, and the predictability of it. The DBs knows Garrett's WR tree as well as the WRs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Whatever. Dez is the only one showing heart on this team. Dez is able to be taken out of the game like the rest of our WRs because of how long the play takes to develop, and the predictability of it. The DBs knows Garrett's WR tree as well as the WRs.
Dez takes himself out, going all ghetto on the DBs who taunt him and do cheap shots on him. It's well known among the league's DBs. Michael Irvin's even talked about it.

We don't like Air Coryell, that's understood. But you objectively can't completely discount Dez's tendencies to get riled and try to win the taunt and cheap shot battles, instead of getting the fuck open.
Now THAT should drive the point home. That can be visualized, and needs to be sold to Jerry for him to understand.
He will never understand that or the underpinnings of what it means. Not unlike the mothers of serial killers. They take their son's innocence with them to their graves and Jerry will die (hopefully soon) thinking that crap stadium is the best thing in Cowboys history. No matter what he's told.

Reaction score
Didn't they have Dez running out of the slot vs. Jacksonville? Whatever it was, they did something to get Dez involved.

Seems like a little more of that would have been a good idea.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Didn't they have Dez running out of the slot vs. Jacksonville? Whatever it was, they did something to get Dez involved.

Seems like a little more of that would have been a good idea.
I've always said they should move him around the formations, let him go in motion more (has he ever?) and do all the things Norv did with Irvin in the 90s when teams tried to take Michael out of the game. One thing that saved Michael and helped him keep his emotions in check was Ax, Hubbard Alexander.

I agree, Dez isn't getting much help from this coaching. He doesn't have a Ax, to turn to.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"We did some really good things in the game."

Like what?

Sucking ass

I blame the offense for making the game so uncompetitive, they were horrible and I'm sick and tired of the production coming from the side of the ball where our highest draft picks and most cap room is devoted with a string of players lining up for more in the offseason.

Something is fucked up with the Offensive scheme, players and/or coaches, its in excusable to have the best part of the team perform so bad.

The defense is stitched together with duct tape and chicken wire, yet even as bad as things were going for them, they gave the offense the ball back several times in the 2nd quarter that could have made it a 6 point deficit going into half if the offense could have performed worth a shit, yet they did jack squat and just kept getting worse as the game progressed. Plus they got the ball to open the 2nd half, shit the bed with a three and out, the defense gives them a turnover and the O proceeds to move it 9 yards for a 2nd and 1 where they do nothing but go backwards and have to settle for 3 points, game over.

Given the players they have to use, I thought the D did a hellova job to keep the Eagles to 23 at half considering how little help the O gave them.

I was so furious, I quit watching and left the house to walk it off after Shadey made it 30-10. I was stunned to learn that somehow the final score was only 33-10. Did the Eagles just take a knee thereafter or what?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was stunned to learn that somehow the final score was only 33-10. Did the Eagles just take a knee thereafter or what?
They toned the attack down quite a bit. Started intentionally using clock, calling far less aggressive plays.

Adding insult to injury, they showed mercy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:puke

I'm negative as hell and still pissed off

I think that game wrapped up the season and the best I see them is going 2-2 from here on out and I wouldn't be stunned if they went 0-4 but its more likely they'll pull a win out of their ass somewhere. None of the above will get them in the playoffs so they will have gone half a decade without so much as a playoff appearance and if they lose Romo anytime soon, you can go ahead and make it a decade.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
STFU, Dez. You have really good hands, but you're worthless for 59 minutes most every game. Go out tonight and make some really bad decisions, beat your moms ass again, get caught with cocaine, rape a woman.

Anything to make sure you're in a different city next year. Paying you would be an extreme waste of resources that would set this team back at least 3-5 years. Not that it's going anywhere anyway, but still.

Biggest overreaction of the year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They toned the attack down quite a bit. Started intentionally using clock, calling far less aggressive plays.

Adding insult to injury, they showed mercy.
Yeah, they ran the ball what seemed like 15 times in a row. It was so obvious they were trying to burn clock and didn't want to risk Sanchez putting it in the air, and we still couldn't stop them. That was as disturbing as anything.

Well not as disturbing as Pitbull, but still pretty bad.

Reaction score
And right, they won't get them next time. All Philly has to do is play their game. As long as Kelly shows up and calls plays, it will be another embarrassment.

New coach isn't going to fix this team. The issues with this team will still exist after Garrett's gone.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:puke

I'm negative as hell and still pissed off

I think that game wrapped up the season and the best I see them is going 2-2 from here on out and I wouldn't be stunned if they went 0-4 but its more likely they'll pull a win out of their ass somewhere. None of the above will get them in the playoffs so they will have gone half a decade without so much as a playoff appearance and if they lose Romo anytime soon, you can go ahead and make it a decade.

I'm not pissed. Quite pleased. I hope we finish 8-8. The media will howl and hound Jerry on how you can continue to go with Garrett. I'm hopeful Stephen will be in Jerry's ear over this. He apologized and took blame for Romo not yet having a Super Bowl. That's encouraging.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, they ran the ball what seemed like 15 times in a row. It was so obvious they were trying to burn clock and didn't want to risk Sanchez putting it in the air, and we still couldn't stop them. That was as disturbing as anything.

Well not as disturbing as Pitbull, but still pretty bad.
Plus they were delaying the snap, using all of the play clock. Just toying with us. It was disgusting.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a curb stomping in Chicago. 8-8 would be the perfect collapse to get a new coach in here that actually brings something to the table, well, other than dress code and cliches.

Jerry has already tasted enough success to homer out over Garrett. He doesn't need much, as we all know, and it would take losing out to even make him consider firing Jason. Might as well hope we get lucky and win in spite of him, because he's not going anywhere. You can bank on that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not pissed. Quite pleased. I hope we finish 8-8. The media will howl and hound Jerry on how you can continue to go with Garrett. I'm hopeful Stephen will be in Jerry's ear over this. He apologized and took blame for Romo not yet having a Super Bowl. That's encouraging.

You may not want to believe it, but a good coach with good players can overcome a bad GM/HC.

I don't believe for one second the powers that be have the expertise to identify a coach good enough to overcome our shithead GM and even if they could, jerri won't hire anyone with a spine so Garret is as good as its going to get until jerri is 6 feet under

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I love the thinking that Jerry is an absolute idiot who could never make a decent football decision... But the guy he plotted and schemed to hire for a decade is actually a good coach being held back by his boss.

Top Bottom