Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Regardless of what this thread is about, I will answer. No, I rarely doubted Troy. Even more rare I doubted Roger.
Was there never a time when you had that same feeling about Romo that you had with Roger and Troy?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I guess I don't get the "one moment" thinking. That's not how it works anyway if you have any sense.

I expect him to bring us back more often than not because he's done it so many times already. (No, not every time, obviously.)

If you want me to give a reason I doubt him, it has nothing to do with "choking". It's that he's shown a tendency more the last couple of years to shy away from contact. He's starting to get happy feet when there's pressure around him, and he didn't do that when he was younger. I know to some extent that's normal as a player piles up the hits over a career, but I don't think that bodes very well for him the next couple of years as he ages.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess I don't get the "one moment" thinking. That's not how it works anyway if you have any sense.
You're right it was a buildup that finally had the "last straw" effect. The one play that made you realize you'd been rationalizing all this time, making excuses for him, etc. Basically lying to yourself;

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I still pull for him during games, but it went from "COME ON ROMO KILL 'EM" to "COME ON YOU WEAK MOTHER FUCKER DON'T FUCKING CHOKE THIS TIME!!!"

Reaction score
It was the pick against Washington to close out the 2012 season for me. He totally was baited on that one.

I can live with a guy like Revis doing it. But not some average guy from the Redskins that about 10 years from now you will not even remember.

Same here.

That game was set up perfect for a heroic game winning drive by the QB to make up for three earlier int's.

But like the second play in that drive he blindly tosses it up. LB made one hell of a play, but the ball never should've been thrown there.

I knew then that Romo just wasn't a winner, or didn't have "it", or was snakebit.... whatever.

He'll retire as a punch line.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Would you like for me to spell no differently for you?
You said you rarely doubted Troy and never doubted Roger.

The question is, did you ever feel that way about Tony. Worded wrong perhaps, since I actually said "Was there never a time when you had that same feeling about Romo that you had with Roger and Troy?"

And your answer is "No there was never a time?"

Iamtdg

Reaction score
You said you rarely doubted Troy and never doubted Roger.

The question is, did you ever feel that way about Tony. Worded wrong perhaps, since I actually said "Was there never a time when you had that same feeling about Romo that you had with Roger and Troy?"

And your answer is "No there was never a time?"

No, not once did I ever feel the same way about Tony that I did about Troy or Roger.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Maw-r5g-c0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maw-r5g-c0I[/video]
And that throw was typical Romo passing, just slightly behind the receiver and had it been on target - leading the receiver - Austin probably takes it to the house.

Really paying attention to Romo completions, seldom is it the receiver doesn't have to slow down, stop, or otherwise adjust to the errant pass. He's just not really that good of a passer.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Really paying attention to Romo completions, seldom is it the receiver doesn't have to slow down, stop, or otherwise adjust to the errant pass. He's just not really that good of a passer.

he left a lot of yards on the field vs GB by under-throwing Dez

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No, not once did I ever feel the same way about Tony that I did about Troy or Roger.

Same here.

Always thought it was most likely he was another Danny White at best. Just the odds when you're talking about an undrafted QB.

Not that Danny White is anything bad, either. That's way better than most teams have and hardly in the top 5 or 10 problems this team has.

He's just not really that good of a passer.
:facepalm2

Gotta be trolling. Gets the site hits up I guess.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gotta be trolling. Gets the site hits up I guess.
Really paying attention to Romo completions, seldom is it the receiver doesn't have to slow down, stop, or otherwise adjust to the errant pass.

No doubt when one of Romo's so-so throws gets completed and the TV talking heads say "whatta pass by Romo" you're not looking to see it's actually, "whatta adjustment to the poor Romo pass" because it happens that way more than the other, most of the time.

Most of Romo's successes are just 90% dumb luck.

Reaction score

I expect him to bring us back more often than not because he's done it so many times already. (No, not every time, obviously.)

If you want me to give a reason I doubt him, it has nothing to do with "choking". It's that he's shown a tendency more the last couple of years to shy away from contact. He's starting to get happy feet when there's pressure around him, and he didn't do that when he was younger. I know to some extent that's normal as a player piles up the hits over a career, but I don't think that bodes very well for him the next couple of years as he ages.
All of this.

And it's probably going to be worse than it's ever been this year.

Top Bottom