Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You think just 22 games change those stats that much?

Really?
Huh?

That's not related to the math done before, the fumbles lost numbers stay the same.

The math done had the correct stats, (I believe) but not the correct number of games therefore throwing the averages off.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
136 games is how many games Romo has dressed for.

Unless you expect him to compile stats while he didn't play the first two years he was on the active roster.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
How many of his "fumbles" were thanks to Andre Guroude snapping the ball over his head?

You know that pimp play against St Louis was a Romo fumble, right?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just to be clear, 2004 he was activated for 6 games but didn't play. 2005 he was active all 16 games but didn't play.

There's your 22 games I was off.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
bar-paly-tony-romo.jpg

legend?

Reaction score
I havent 'lost faith' in Romo. Yes, he's made more than a few 'WTF' plays. However, he has carried this team more than a few other games with this play making skills.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How many of his "fumbles" were thanks to Andre Guroude snapping the ball over his head?
That wasn't total fumbles, it was just fumbles lost. And it's alot.

Is there nothing at all you would blame Romo for? It's always somebody else annit?
136 games is how many games Romo has dressed for.

Unless you expect him to compile stats while he didn't play the first two years he was on the active roster.
I stand corrected - should have looked at the chart better instead of just the bottom line.
I havent 'lost faith' in Romo. Yes, he's made more than a few 'WTF' plays. However, he has carried this team more than a few other games with this play making skills.
He doesn't carry anything except Jerry's checks to the bank. When Romo's been hurt, Dallas still manages to somehow play .500 ball. We get coin toss odds for $55 million.

Reaction score
When Romo's been hurt, Dallas still manages to somehow play .500 ball. We get coin toss odds for $55 million.
Romo's W-L record (since you're so hung up on it) is 64-48. He's winning at an almost 60% clip (57%). Much better than a coin toss in the grand scheme of the NFL.

Active guys who have more wins and a better win % than him? Brady, PManning, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rivers, Brees, EManning. Rodgers has a better win % and one less win. All of those guys have won at least one super bowl, except Rivers. Pretty good company IMO.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That wasn't total fumbles, it was just fumbles lost. And it's alot.

Is there nothing at all you would blame Romo for? It's always somebody else annit?

Romo makes mistakes at about the same clip as any other QB in the league. So yeah, he makes mistakes. I never said he was blameless.

But why would I focus on him when trying to determine why this team is terrible every year? Because ESPN does it? Give me a break.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo's W-L record (since you're so hung up on it) is 64-48. He's winning at an almost 60% clip (57%). Much better than a coin toss in the grand scheme of the NFL.

Active guys who have more wins and a better win % than him? Brady, PManning, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rivers, Brees, EManning. Rodgers has a better win % and one less win. All of those guys have won at least one super bowl, except Rivers. Pretty good company IMO.

Romo December win %

Romo playoff win %

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Romo December win %

Romo playoff win %

Is is it really that cut and dry for people?

Good teams play their best ball late, that's how they propel themselves through the playoffs. Is it really on one player when a team isn't good enough to rise to the occasion?

Reaction score
Romo December win %

Romo playoff win %

Teams with poor depth get exposed later in the season.

Teams with poor coaching get exposed as well.

Also, I think all the hits start taking a toll on Romo. Last year he actually played pretty good down the stretch and i credit the O-line blocking better.

Top Bottom