bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
thats the stupidest shit and you are smart enough to know it.

they earned it by being one of a handful of people in the world who can do what they do. piss off with your arbitrary "earning" line. they earned it when a company decided to give it to them.

nonsense. a lot of these guys are rewarded just for being "personalities." not all change is good, comrade.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No? I mentioned the more channels and increased visibility already as the reason. That's the reason. We have more sports coverage now and people are consuming it 24/7.

Our standards in America have never been Higher

um, they had millions of magazines back in the day stuffed with advertising, not to mention store displays. here's what Roger netted the year after he won a championship:

$_57.JPG

pretty sweet, no?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
pretty sweet, no?
Because Roger was like, the Real Thing and stuff. 4 reals.

Not quite as glamorous as Joe Willy's "I guarantee it" commercials but your point is well taken - does Broadway Joe get any endorsements at all if he didn't first make good on his guarantee? Of course not.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I also don't care for Super Bowls in February, adding extra playoff teams or eliminating the extra point. why? because I'm old!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I also don't care for Super Bowls in February, adding extra playoff teams or eliminating the extra point. why? because I'm old!
And.... Doing away with the kickoff although that DID add spice to the Pro Bowl.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Romo threw interceptions in only 2 losses last year.

**stat of the day.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo threw interceptions in only 2 losses last year.

**stat of the day.
Straw man of the day, since no one claimed otherwise or tried to say he threw as many games away last year as in the past. BUT:

All the losses do have in common, terrible third down efficiency - including the 0/9 against Nawlins, 3/13 against Detroit, and so on.

But I am sure you don't hold dear Tony responsible for any of that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Straw man of the day, since no one claimed otherwise or tried to say he threw as many games away last year as in the past. BUT:

All the losses do have in common, terrible third down efficiency - including the 0/9 against Nawlins, 3/13 against Detroit, and so on.

But I am sure you don't hold dear Tony responsible for any of that.

Actually, I've mentioned 3rd down efficiency Was terrible last year. Romo has been a really good 3rd down converter through the years, I think it was obvious something was off with him last year. I think his back bothered him all year. I've said that. Which makes his season even more impressive.

And straw man my ass. He's either the problem it he's not.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And straw man my ass. He's either the problem it he's not.
As soon as you show me where anyone ever claimed Romo's picks were the reasons for the losses in 2013, your stat isn't a straw man. You're arguing something no one's disputed or even said.
I think it was obvious something was off with him last year. I think his back bothered him all year. I've said that.
Give us THAT injury off the books even, and you're probably in the playoffs.

See how this works? My list is merely reasons we were 8-8 instead of 11-5, and you're still acting like I'm blaming Romobama. I'm not.

I am pointing out we could easily have been 11-5 and the team isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make out. There shouldn't be a problem with that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
As soon as you show me where anyone ever claimed Romo's picks were the reasons for the losses in 2013, your stat isn't a straw man. You're arguing something no one's disputed or even said.
Give us THAT injury off the books even, and you're probably in the playoffs.

See how this works? My list is merely reasons we were 8-8 instead of 11-5, and you're still acting like I'm blaming Romobama. I'm not.

I am pointing out we could easily have been 11-5 and the team isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make out. There shouldn't be a problem with that.

Then where is your Romo fatigue coming from?

You'd think based on last years performance you'd be excited to see what he can do if healthy. So which is it, you want him hurt and on IR because he sucks, or you want him healthy because this team is not far away?

And you have in the past few days cited Romo's turnovers as a reason the team can't get over the hump. But when I point out that he only threw picks in two losses, all of the sudden Romo's turnovers aren't a problem, it's something else.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Then where is your Romo fatigue coming from?
Nine years of failure and mediocrity, that he is the face of. Jerry's man love for him, leading him to continue to prop up the offense for him, tailor it to him, and virtually ignoring defensive needs. It needs to be over. It was a fun experiment but only just.
And you have in the past few days cited Romo's turnovers as a reason the team can't get over the hump.
I'd really like to see where I've said this. In the past though it's definitely been true.

Bitterly cling to Romobama all you like, it's not my cross to bear.

Top Bottom