Reaction score
This was a eye opener, even for me. No it doesn't meet your impossible meter of first round quarterbacks converted - again, using a 1st round pick on the Midget speaks more to Cleveland's idiocy than it does for what Manziel could actually do - so it's safe to ignore the idiocy and just look at history.

You want to ignore the actual situation so you can focus on some strange fantasy of converting QBs to slot receivers. The Browns do not need a slot receiver, they have two of them. They need a QB. Not sure why you dont understand that or continue to ignore that fact.

Maybe in 3 years when its obvious that Manziel cant play the position, sure see if he can do some other stuff to salvage his career. Maybe go play in the Canadian league like Flutie did. But right now, after 1 NFL start isnt the time to start suggesting retarded stuff.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe in 3 years when its obvious that Manziel cant play the position, sure see if he can do some other stuff to salvage his career.
By then like RG3, he will be too stove up to be of any use.
You want to ignore the actual situation so you can focus on some strange fantasy of converting QBs to slot receivers. The Browns do not need a slot receiver, they have two of them. They need a QB. Not sure why you dont understand that or continue to ignore that fact.
If they had the Midget out there catching passes, they would immediately be alot more dangerous than they are. It's not like they've had a offense setting anyone on fire. The receivers they have, haven't been getting open. Hoyer was terrible? How would he be with the midget as a weapon out there instead of sitting on the bench.

Would be one good way to get the Midget used to the speed of the NFL game too. Nothing says he can't play QB later on. Well other than the fact he can't play QB in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nailed it in dbair's case. You see how hung up he is on Troy Aikman?

Hard not to be hung up on #1 overall draft pick QB's that actually prove they were worth it, win 3 super bowls, turn a laughingstock franchise around and be every bit as honorable off the field as he was on.

Roger Staubach wasn't exactly a traditional "pocket passer", but I'm hung up on him too. Because he was a winner a true role model for all.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Your dad couldn't immediately see Aikman was already 100 times better than anyone else on the 1989 camp roster? - And this does include Danny.

Troy was a immediate 100 percent improvement at the position, from Day One. He BEAT Danny out and they retired him, and this was AFTER they had redone Danny's contract.

didn't Danny retire that spring? i don't remember him at training camp in '89.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Aikman had that dear in the headlights look. His first game where i was like “wow” was against Arizona where he split his chin and took some hard shots but made the throws. You knew this dude was tough.

[video=youtube;pPY-S2znJa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPY-S2znJa8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
didn't Danny retire that spring? i don't remember him at training camp in '89.
He was there, there is footage of it and Jimmy talks about it in his book. They even re-did Danny's contract, Danny was assuring them he was their guy. Jimmy finally convinced him to retire gracefully, since he did not fit their plans at all after drafting Walsh in the supplemental draft.

Cowboys Quarterback Danny White Retires - Los Angeles Times

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Midget, because he is stupid as I've said, lowered his head and tried to take on 600 lbs worth of oncoming tacklers. He is hurt, Hoyer is back in as QB.

Johnny fucking football. Right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Midget, because he is stupid as I've said, lowered his head and tried to take on 600 lbs worth of oncoming tacklers. He is hurt, Hoyer is back in as QB.

Johnny fucking football. Right.

3/8 for 32 yds before getting hurt...threw one good pass before getting ko'd

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
His addled and unintelligent midget brain decided it would be a good idea to put his head down and ram two oncoming trucks.

Case closed.

Reaction score

Actually pulled a hammy on a designed QB sweep on 2nd and 10. Shanny called a freakin QB sweep, really?

Case closed.

Not after 5 quarters of playing in the NFL. He needs time to develop. Tom Landry gave a player 3 years to prove his worth. Lets come back to this thread later.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Come on Everlasting.. it's time to admit it....

Zack Martin > Johnny Football

That doesn't mean Manziel won't be good but Martin was the better pick for this team

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually pulled a hammy on a designed QB sweep on 2nd and 10.
The footage I saw showed him lowering his head and ramming 600 lbs worth of defenders, and being helped off the field then checked for concussion.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was going to say, I didn't see the play, but they said he ran into two linebackers but went out for a hamstring. Was that just a cover for a concussion? I don't think teams can get away with that anymore, can they?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All I know is what I saw. A brainless midget ramming two oncoming defenders head on, when the sideline was just a step away.

Reaction score
Come on Everlasting.. it's time to admit it....

Zack Martin > Johnny Football

That doesn't mean Manziel won't be good but Martin was the better pick for this team

Johnny has had a rough start to his career, no doubt about it. He did show some improvement in the first quarter before he got hurt. More decisive, more velocity on his throws. Had a couple of 3rd down drops.

Martin was a great pick. Cowboys got it right for what they wanted to do this season.

The footage I saw showed him lowering his head and ramming 600 lbs worth of defenders, and being helped off the field then checked for concussion.

Its a 2nd grade hammy strain.

Top Bottom