yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Browns D said he gave them fits in practice. And that's coming from a pretty good D.

I don't know how anyone could quantify that since it's only practice.

Isn't that what they said about Romo?

Reaction score
Someone mentioned RG3 and practice, reminded me of this blurb from Texas Monthly. Link is at the bottom if you havent read the article.

So Manziel was relegated to a role as quarterback on A&M’s “scout team,” where his job was to mimic opponents’ offenses during team scrimmages. A scout quarterback is generally supposed to pass the ball where the defensive coordinator tells him to. On occasion this involves throwing an interception or purposefully botching a play, but Manziel, with his almost feral, fast-twitch reflexes, sometimes failed to do that. “The coach used to get so mad,” Manziel says, laughing. “They would yell, ‘F—ing throw it to the same guy again.’ Whatever. I am not made to throw picks intentionally. I am not going to do that.”

Manziel, as the coaches were discovering, is a polite young man most of the time, but on the field, he is almost outrageously cocky. He always believes he is the best player out there and that no one can beat him. In practice before the Baylor game, he was tasked with mimicking the fleet, elusive Robert Griffin III, an assignment he turned out tobe devastatingly good at. “I remember getting frustrated at our defense, because we couldn’t tackle him,” A&M’s former defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter told a sports blog. “[I was] yelling at our guys, saying, ‘If you can’t tackle this little freshman, how in the world are we going to tackle RG3?’ And then after the game, our guys are like, ‘Coach, I’m telling you, that guy was harder to tackle during the week than RG3 was.’ I think RG3 had about fifty yards against us, running the football. Manziel probably had six hundred during the week.”

Who Is Johnny Football? | Texas Monthly

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
good read, long, but good

makes you wonder if he can actually do it again and surprise everyone by succeeding in the NFL

You gotta love a guy with a competitive drive like he supposedly has

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Johnny Knucklehead....LOL

Just read on ESPN he had the lowest QBR of any starting QB in any game this yr with at least 10 pass attempts

I was listening to that game in the car on way home (only game I could get) and by the end of the game even Cleveland announcers were saying he wasn't the answer as a QB. ESPN guys were ripping Manziel left and right after game.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If he can develop a quicker release and understand defenses, Manziel could be special. He's a nightmare to sack if he sees it coming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he can develop a quicker release and understand defenses, Manziel could be special. He's a nightmare to sack if he sees it coming.

guess you didn't see him play today

welcome to "this isn't college football" anymore Manziel

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Save his career, make him a slot receiver in the Eddleman mold before he gets too stove up to be worth anything.

Reaction score
everlasting ??

It was his first start, chill. Lets see how he does in his next two starts. Aikman was horrific in his first start, lost 28-0 to the Saints with 2 INTs. Only idiots that lack in football knowledge would judge his career based on one game. I also must say the Browns “team” played horrible yesterday.

BTW, when he does play well, the Manziel haters wont come back to post.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only idiots who lack in football knowledge would in any way compare Aikman to the midget.

The midget needs to be a slot receiver like he was his first year at Tivy.

Reaction score
Only idiots who lack in football knowledge would in any way compare Aikman to the midget.

The midget needs to be a slot receiver like he was his first year at Tivy.

Please stop with the slot receiver thing. You keep repeating it and its dumb. Name me one single QB drafted in the 1st round that was successfully switched to a slot receiver? Name me one? If not, then give it a rest.

If Aikman an all time great can struggle in his first start, how much more than someone of lesser talent?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Please stop with the slot receiver thing. You keep repeating it and its dumb. Name me one single QB drafted in the 1st round that was successfully switched to a slot receiver? Name me one? If not, then give it a rest.
I don't know of any, that's the point. The midget will not be successful as a quarterback in the NFL. He would be deadly dangerous though, in the slot. Play to his strengths - open field running with the ball. Save his career.
If Aikman an all time great can struggle in his first start, how much more than someone of lesser talent?
Troy was miles better, immediately even on a horrid 1-15 team. Cleveland this year, isn't horrid. The midget as QB, is.

Top Bottom