MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Didn't Wilson blow a Super Bowl with a pass play though? And I don't think seattle's defense or competent coaching staff are walking through the door here anytime soon.

Some say it was a bad play call by the coach deciding to throw from inside the 5 when they had the most dominant inside running back in the NFL.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
IF the 'agenda' is pointing out facts that belie nonsensical bullshit, I guess.

:lol the old agenda assertion, dont hear that much around here, always cracks me up whenever I do hear people go down that road

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lets just agree to agree that you are wrong and move forward, amigo.
What exactly am I wrong about?

Dak gives us dimensions Romo never could. He causes problems for opposing DCs Romo never could. It's not a knock on Romo, to admit that. Those with a 'protect Romo's legacy' agenda would be the only ones having a problem with it.

Reaction score
Prescott has been unflappable so far, but it has got to be weird for him to see Romo in pads, throwing again. And it'll only get stranger over the next few weeks.

I'm hearing more people in the media suggesting that the Cowboys should switch back to Romo when Romo is fully healthy. Some are reviewing game film and noting that Prescott is throwing (and completing) shorter passes even when deeper passes are available. The argument goes that Romo will throw those deeper passes ... the ones that Prescott is currently missing or bypassing in favor of shorter options.

But the pro-Romo argument doesn't consider turnovers. If the offense moves like a machine with Dak throwing more of those short passes, what's the benefit of Romo throwing more deep passes and, quite likely, more interceptions?

If the last 5 games are any indication, this Dallas offense is good enough to grind out touchdowns without taking many chances with the ball. So why attempt plays that put the ball at greater risk?

I wonder what Parcells would do. He was a risk adverse kind of guy who won championships with his ultra-conservative philosophy. I hope the Cowboys brain trust is at least considering the value of a decidedly conservative approach.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see how you pull Dak as long as he's playing like this. The difficulty will come if he falters a little, but still plays pretty well. If he plays great like he has been or if he completely craters, the decision is pretty easy.

Reaction score
I don't see how you pull Dak as long as he's playing like this. The difficulty will come if he falters a little, but still plays pretty well. If he plays great like he has been or if he completely craters, the decision is pretty easy.

I agree with you completely.

But I'm getting the impression that the idea of switching to a healthy Romo, even if Prescott continues to play at his current high level, is gaining steam. The franchise-paid dc.com reporters (Broddus and colleagues) certainly sound as if they are more in favor of switching to healthy Romo. These reporters have decent access to the decision makers, so it could be the franchise is leaning toward healthy Romo too.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
ome are reviewing game film and noting that Prescott is throwing (and completing) shorter passes even when deeper passes are available. The argument goes that Romo will throw those deeper passes ... the ones that Prescott is currently missing or bypassing in favor of shorter options.

Not real sure this argument holds water. I mean, one of the benefits to this defense is staying off the field as much as possible. Those shorter passes keep them off the field longer. The longer passes not so much. So, I can see a benefit to both as long as you are converting 3rd downs and moving the chains. And, we are doing both at an exceptional rate.

Reaction score
Not real sure this argument holds water. I mean, one of the benefits to this defense is staying off the field as much as possible. Those shorter passes keep them off the field longer. The longer passes not so much. So, I can see a benefit to both as long as you are converting 3rd downs and moving the chains. And, we are doing both at an exceptional rate.

I'm with you. The current Dallas offense is sort of like a python. They put the squeeze the opposition and the clock.

But some believe that Prescott isn't getting as many yards out of plays as possible because he's bypassing longer open throws in favor of shorter passes.

Like you, I'm more than o.k. with the shorter passes so long as the offense scores.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm hearing more people in the media suggesting that the Cowboys should switch back to Romo when Romo is fully healthy. Some are reviewing game film and noting that Prescott is throwing (and completing) shorter passes even when deeper passes are available. The argument goes that Romo will throw those deeper passes ... the ones that Prescott is currently missing or bypassing in favor of shorter options.

This is bullshit. Not saying that you are saying this ZeroClub. Dak by no means is dining and dunking it. He has an 8.2 YPA, which ties him for 4th among starters.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

If he does struggle, keep him in and let him work it out. When Romo struggled, they didn't pull him out and put Bledsoe back in. And if Romo struggles... they are going to keep him in right?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Personally I think the best thing to do would be to tell Dak and Romo that Romo will sit for the time being however will officially be the starter again on Thanksgiving, regardless of how Dak is playing. Doing that would officially eliminate the QB controversy (at least until the off season). It also keeps Dak from having to look over his shoulder from fear of getting pulled if he makes a mistake. It also would allow Romo a few more weeks to completely hear as well as a few weeks to get back into game shape.

Reaction score
Personally I think the best thing to do would be to tell Dak and Romo that Romo will sit for the time being however will officially be the starter again on Thanksgiving, regardless of how Dak is playing. Doing that would officially eliminate the QB controversy (at least until the off season). It also keeps Dak from having to look over his shoulder from fear of getting pulled if he makes a mistake. It also would allow Romo a few more weeks to completely hear as well as a few weeks to get back into game shape.

I disagree, and think this would be a disaster type move. Dak has earned the starting job with a 5 game winning streak. There is no justification in naming Romo starter for Thanksgiving other than appeasing egos. Romo must earn the job back by beating out Dak next pre-season. He is not entitled to it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I disagree, and think this would be a disaster type move. Dak has earned the starting job with a 5 game winning streak. There is no justification in naming Romo starter for Thanksgiving other than appeasing egos. Romo must earn the job back by beating out Dak next pre-season. He is not entitled to it.

First keep in mind that I want Dak to remain the starter. I agree with you that, that is the best thing to do for this team this year and for the future. But you and I both know that they are going to put Romo back in. So with that in mind, that's why I brought up that scenario. In my opinion that would be the best case scenario knowing that Romo IS coming back.

And for what it's worth the only real issue Romo has is that he has to prove he can stay healthy. We already know what Romo can do in this type of offense if he can stay healthy (huge if). And this offense is better than the one we had in 2014.

Reaction score
Jerry Jones told Mike Tirico, regarding the QB decision, "When you have a hot hand, you have to ride it."

Smart decision.

Reaction score
This is bullshit. Not saying that you are saying this ZeroClub. Dak by no means is dining and dunking it. He has an 8.2 YPA, which ties him for 4th among starters.

Plus, the media and commentators are really digging to try to find something novel to say about Dak. Dallas is 7-1. Nothing is broken. Linehan was incensed when he was challenged that his offense couldn't complete distance passes. Dallas was 5-1 at the time. Nothing was broken.

Dallas is winning right now. The criticism is silly.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Isn't this our second longest winning streak in club history?

If so you don't fuck with that, for any reason, period!

Top Bottom