Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Marinelli doesn't value the traditional run-plugging 1-tech. That he likes all his 4 linemen to have the ability to rush up the field.

Thornton can rush up the field.

He smoked Free around the edge for his only sack last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A healthy Crawford next to Thornton inside, Lawrence at one DE spot and maybe a Bosa or Shaq Lawson at the other DE.

Ganja Gregory when he returns from suspension, T McClain, the Irvin kid, another free agent or draft pick and maybe that Russell kid...not a bad DL set up for 2016.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carroll had two picks last yr before getting hurt, had 3 in 2013 with Miami. Also had double digit pass break ups in two of the last three years.

I don't think he's a front line starter but he would be a nice veteran add as a potential 3rd CB. He's also got good size at 6'1, 205 and tackles pretty well from what I remember.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe if we sign him he can repeat this a couple times next year. If you turn sound on, you can hear Gruden saying Carroll was their best CB up to this point in the season last yr.

[video=youtube;-kKctrsc3Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kKctrsc3Co[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sacamano gets tackled by Nolan Carroll

[video=youtube;UZBuHTNCRiI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZBuHTNCRiI[/video]

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Carroll had two picks last yr before getting hurt, had 3 in 2013 with Miami. Also had double digit pass break ups in two of the last three years.

I don't think he's a front line starter but he would be a nice veteran add as a potential 3rd CB. He's also got good size at 6'1, 205 and tackles pretty well from what I remember.

He's a solid player for sure.

Reaction score
Thornton was a good signing, although I haven't seen the $ behind it. Glad we're getting DL depth.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
None of our own free agents are being pursued by other teams?

I'm pretty certain that Leary will get signed. Although I'm still not sure how the 2nd round tender they placed on him works. If a team signs him do we get their 2nd round pick or do we get a 2nd round compensatory pick? If we get the teams 2nd rounder that could be a reason why teams are not going after Leary.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that Leary will get signed. Although I'm still not sure how the 2nd round tender they placed on him works. If a team signs him do we get their 2nd round pick or do we get a 2nd round compensatory pick? If we get the teams 2nd rounder that could be a reason why teams are not going after Leary.
Yeah, I don't know. I do know we have a LOT of unrestricted free agents, a list of them was posted here awhile back.

Teams not pursuing our players because they suck?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Dallas would get the 2nd round pick in this years draft. I wish Tennessee would pick him up to help block for Mariota and Murray, that would give Dallas the 32nd pick

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know. I do know we have a LOT of unrestricted free agents, a list of them was posted here awhile back.

Teams not pursuing our players because they suck?

they're probably scared to death after watching so many that were signed last year piss the bed

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

No one is going to sign Leary and give us a 2nd rounder for him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cassel signed with Tennessee.
Dunbar met with San Francisco.
Hanna met with Minnesota.

I've seen different articles saying Hayden is and isn't a free agent.

Haven't heard anything about Greg Hardy, Jeremy Mincey, Jack Crawford, Kyle Wilber, Morris Claiborne, or Robert Turbin

Top Bottom