onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Hardy ship has sailed. He isn't going to be back.

Nor should he be.

I think that will be decided if we cannot get another DE in FA that the boys think can really get it done. IF we end up swinging and missing I believe another one year deal with Hardy will come - just like the one year deal with Ro.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think that will be decided if we cannot get another DE in FA that the boys think can really get it done. IF we end up swinging and missing I believe another one year deal with Hardy will come - just like the one year deal with Ro.

Exactly
That's what I was thinking too

If no other team gets desperate enough to pick him up and he is still sitting there unemployed in a few weeks I think we get him at an absolutely team friendly incentive only based deal for one year

Which would be the best possible situation for us

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Exactly
That's what I was thinking too

If no other team gets desperate enough to pick him up and he is still sitting there unemployed in a few weeks I think we get him at an absolutely team friendly incentive only based deal for one year

Which would be the best possible situation for us

Best possible situation for us is Hardy not on this roster.

Reaction score
I am getting the really ugly feeling that our "plan" will end being to keep a 50 million CB that hasn't intercepted a pass in two+ seasons, re-signing a 6th overall pick CB who cant stay healthy and hasn't been very good even when he was, bringing back the ultimate jag DT Hayden and we already re-signed lazy, often unmotivated MLB who missed a ton of tackles.

Safe bet that the defense will stay the same more than it changes. The changes that do take place will have only a minor impact in 2016. The Cowboys will likely draft a high talent defensive player who won't come into his own until his second or third year. The Cowboys will draft a couple more decent rotational players who won't have much impact in Year 1.

In short, there is little reason to expect that the defense will show significant improvement in 2016.

It is far better to have a solid defense than it is to have a defense that you have to protect. But if it is your misfortune to have a defense that needs protection, you better be prepared to protect it. The Cowboys stumbled onto a relatively effective way to protect their suspect defense in 2014. Best to try more of that in 2016.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Adrian Clayborn, the done deal guy Fisher and Broaddus crowed about in the days leading up to free agency, stays put in Atlanta on multi year deal there.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Best possible situation for us is Hardy not on this roster.

and you are full of it.

If we cannot get another DE that can rush the passer this D will be worse then last years; or no better at best.

Unlike some here I do not get on my high horse. With previous players like Hollywood and Septien and Haley and to be blunt Irvin this franchise has no reason to be sanctimonious.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Adrian Clayborn, the done deal guy Fisher and Broaddus crowed about in the days leading up to free agency, stays put in Atlanta on multi year deal there.

as I recall Marinelli to Tampa was a DONE DEAL by Broaddus

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If we cannot get another DE that can rush the passer this D will be worse then last years; or no better at best.

Unlike some here I do not get on my high horse. With previous players like Hollywood and Septien and Haley and to be blunt Irvin this franchise has no reason to be sanctimonious.
The main knock around here against Hardy is his lack of production, not any PC bullshit. Hardy didn't do shit outside of his first couple of outings. Certainly nothing anywhere near his hype and billing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The main knock around here against Hardy is his lack of production, not any PC bullshit. Hardy didn't do shit outside of his first couple of outings. Certainly nothing anywhere near his hype and billing.

Yep. if he had gotten 10 sacks or so and beat up QB's on a weekly basis, the fans (and I'm sure the coaches too) would be far more forgiving of his b/s.

He played a great game vs New England, then was pretty much nothing more than average the rest of the year. When you factor that in with the off field junk before here, plus all the missed or late meetings and reported lockerroom disruption, he just isn't worth it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Whoever finishes dead last in the league this year, that's my new team I'm rooting for.

Unless it's Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Havent seen any teams bringing in Casey Hayward or Nick Perry, I wonder if I should email the Cowboys and alert them to their abilities.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't basically every Eagle cornerback terrible this past season?

I think he was regarded as their best one until he got hurt. My guess is he'd be a 3rd CB type guy if we signed him.

It's alarming our obsession with injured guys though.

Top Bottom