dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, or we could have interest in Chase Daniel. Unbelievable.

Between that and this McClain deal, we can forget any idea that this team learned anything from last year. They're convinced it was a total fluke and they're determined to prove it.

Daniel signed with Philly and his former OC Pederson I believe

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't imagine Long asking for or getting any more than Charles Johnson's deal.

Me either.

Health is really the only concern I have with him. If he checks out ok, he could definitely be a decent addition. If he isn't healthy then I'd pass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason Cole
✔ ‎‎@JasonColeBR

Many teams in on #Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu, including #Giants, #Patriots, #Falcons, #Cowboys, #Redskins, #Bucs

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Me either.

Health is really the only concern I have with him. If he checks out ok, he could definitely be a decent addition. If he isn't healthy then I'd pass.

Same. Shit if he's healthy we'd be getting a steal. He'd fit in great in Marinelli's rotation.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Two other older FAs I wouldn't mind us making a play for if the contracts were right... Forte and Weddle. 1 or 2 yr deals max.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nick Eatman ‎‎@nickeatman

Free agency starts today. Slow day for cowboys today but Thurs. should be busier. QB Matt Moore and DE Cedric Thornton expected to visit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thornton was #65 on the top-99 free agent list from NL.com. He's listed at 6'4, 310 so I'm assuming this would be Hayden's replacement if they signed him.

65. Cedric Thornton, Philadelphia Eagles defensive end: The Eagles can't keep everyone, but this run stopper has played well in a 3-4 defense before.

Reaction score

That's a senseless interest unless they are moving to a WCO. Sanu is slower than Witten. You can't protect Romo without someone getting off the line and getting downfield fast. Otherwise it makes sense to blitz Romo because the WRs will take longer to get out of the press or redirect than it will to overload the O-line and get into the backfield. Simple math.

Reaction score
Matt Cassel. Our 5th Round pick just signed with the Titans. It would make very good plot for him to have a big year somehow.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The good thing about Cassel being gone is at least we have to get another body in here as our third stringer

The further we move into FA the more I'm convinced that Jerry honestly believes that all of last years problems is because Romo went down. He is going to stand pat with the team we have and try to add a little in the draft and call it a day

He honestly believes that if Romo never got hurt last season that we would have won it all. Why fix what ain't broke so to speak

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I haven't heard word one about Hardy. Not even a peep from one single team showing interest in him

Maybe we get him back for dirt cheap and he comes into the season with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove

Reaction score
I heard we're going to sign Michael Huff if we could only get this lockout wrapped up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like NYG are trying to take their defense from worst to first all in a single day of free agency

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Giants and Eagles both spent a lot of money today to shore up issues.

I know its only day one, but we were 4-12. While I know not having Romo and a healthy Dez were a part of that, we still couldn't pressure a QB or have a DB make a play on the football to save our lives.

And we're supposed to get excited about visits by career backup QB jag Matt Moore and an Eagles DL that played on one of the worst defenses in the league last yr.

There's still some players sitting out there I like and think might be able to help us, but I am getting the really ugly feeling that our "plan" will end being to keep a 50 million CB that hasn't intercepted a pass in two+ seasons, re-signing a 6th overall pick CB who cant stay healthy and hasn't been very good even when he was, bringing back the ultimate jag DT Hayden and we already re-signed lazy, often unmotivated MLB who missed a ton of tackles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't heard word one about Hardy. Not even a peep from one single team showing interest in him

Maybe we get him back for dirt cheap and he comes into the season with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove

The Hardy ship has sailed. He isn't going to be back.

Nor should he be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Matt Cassel. Our 5th Round pick just signed with the Titans. It would make very good plot for him to have a big year somehow.

He goes into the comp pick formula for us now for next yr. Maybe we can get back a 7th or something.

OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a senseless interest unless they are moving to a WCO. Sanu is slower than Witten. You can't protect Romo without someone getting off the line and getting downfield fast. Otherwise it makes sense to blitz Romo because the WRs will take longer to get out of the press or redirect than it will to overload the O-line and get into the backfield. Simple math.

I think Archer shot this down and said they don't have interest.

Top Bottom